Sign in to follow this  
Dragonmount

Odd sound issue?

I'll start radar contact 4 and hit get weather, and it will get as far as "local weather information kilo..." Then nothing, I am running windows 8, and was wondering if there is an issue here.

Wait a few seconds to see if it is a stutter. Are you running other apps that use sound other than the FS sounds? Keep the option to display text off as it slows performance. Keep Pre-Recorded Chatter off to avoid wasting resources. AI Chatter should be on as well as Interact with ai.

RC plays directly via your .wav slider in your Win or sound card mixer.

RC first assembles the audio into a stream on your hard disk before it plays ATC.

Try it with just FS with a default aircraft and airport.

You can also run a test without running RC for a short command by going to the RC voices page and clicking on any voice. While there be sure all voice sliders are to the left for the slowest pace.

Does RC hang upand quit  when this occurs? if not alt-tab to see if any error messages are hidden.

RC4 is at build 3845. You should also have the latest FSUIPC version from here:

http://forum.simflight.com/topic/66139-updated-modules/

and you may as well update makerwys from:

http://forum.simflight.com/topic/66136-useful-additional-programs/

and then run your scenery rebuild again.

only way to know what is going on, is to make a log file.

instructions pinned to the top of the forum

are you running widefs, across a network by chance?

Nope, but I did have an idea it might be a codec issue, and will post a log of what happens on my next attempt to use it.

It seems like everything is reported as ok? If I am reading the log right. It seems like it happens whenever there is more than one word on the recording.

It turned out to be a setting that windows 8 changed in the sounds, and once I clicked that off no more muting.

It turned out to be a setting that windows 8 changed in the sounds, and once I clicked that off no more muting.

. . . and that setting is?

I say again, 'And that setting is.....?'

Might be helpful to tell everyone else.

Windows 8 out of the box wont let you run more than two sounds at once, and it mutes the offending program of sound, just go under the sounds option under the control panel and un click those two options, and you're good. I suppose this might be useful in someone's eyes, but as a multitasker I don't see the advantage of it.