Sign in to follow this  
guenseli

Aerosoft Twin Otter Extended (module 1.3)

Here you can download the LINDA aircraft module for the Aerosoft Twin Otter Extended module v1.3.

Installation notes:

• Download and unzip it and place the two folders into: */Microsoft Games/Microsoft Flight Simulator X/Modules
  • Say "yes" if he'd like to overwrite anything

We will update this files from time to time and will make a little note in this thread about the changes.

Users, who also made changes to this codes could post it in this thread or drop me a PM and we will update the module.

If you have created a complete new module #also for other addons please PM us.

click here to download version 1.3

if you want a MCP Combo II preset, rename the *.default files to *.lua which could be found here after installing

Microsoft Flight Simulator X/Modules/linda-cfg/aircrafts/Aerosoft_DHC6

Here is a list of currently included functions:

v 1.0 > 1.1

AP Pitch and Bank switch and Yaw dumper added

v1.1 > 1.2

flap and icing info on MCP display

Altimeter sync

Wiper functions

fixed AP alt hold bug

v 1.2 --> 1.3

MCP display startlock warning

Mark Hurst added:

MH GNS530

MH Speaker Panel

MH Speaker Panel

MH Altitude Alerter

MH Test Panel

MH Fire

MH Radios

MH Fuel

MH Misc

Many thanks to Mark Hurst for the additions.

Have a look at his incredible Twotter homecockpit

Edited by ScotFlieger
Link updated

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you! I can finally buy it.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

I finally got the Twotter on the PC Aviator sale. It's going to take a while to get it all set up. First thought was a bit of a wow moment...this really is an excellent airplane. Also, fairly stunning that the framerates are so high. I did notice that the Altitude knob doesn't work with LINDA. My guess is that it's a bug...or a feature...of the airplane...or an undocumented control setting.

EDIT: Correction. The Alt knob works...it just doesn't change the value in the SET ALTITUDE window.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Next Twin Otter Extended update, can you put in the parkbrakes and gear for the Amphib  please.

module version 1.2 uploaded

v1.1 > 1.2
flap and icing info on MCP display
Altimeter sync
Wiper functions
fixed AP alt hold bug

Guenter Steiner

Hi Guenter, this is a great resource that I have just started playing with!

I am wondering if it's still a work in progress - are you planning to add all the functions eventually? I have noticed that some functions can be found under the FSX Default library and others I can find inside FSUIPC's list of FSX functions (for example, I can get the missing function Toggle Auto-feather that way). I am currently crawling my way around the panel trying to get the hang of it. I am wondering about building a hardware panel for the TWO (no gauges, just switches) so I can fly it by the book without touching the mouse or keyboard.

MarkH

gGzCVFp.jpg
Core i7-7700K / 32Gb DDR4 / Gigabyte GTX1070 / 1080p x 3 x weird / Win7 64 Pro

...others I can find inside FSUIPC's list of FSX functions (for example, I can get the missing function Toggle Auto-feather that way)

P.S. I just realised you can get all the FSX controls inside Linda too :)

MarkH

gGzCVFp.jpg

Updated to version 1.3

v 1.2 --> 1.3
MCP display startlock warning

Mark Hurst added:
MH GNS530
MH Speaker Panel
MH Speaker Panel
MH Altitude Alerter
MH Test Panel
MH Fire
MH Radios
MH Fuel
MH Misc

Guenter Steiner

is there ALT ALRT? 

The altitude alerter functions (ALT ALERT, MDA, GO AROUND and the rotary control) are implemented in the v1.3 file.

MarkH

gGzCVFp.jpg

I tried this module and Linda 2.5.7 can recognize it but it’s not working with my MCP Combo I. Only result is the following error message in Linda console:

[E] *** Lua error: …les\linda-cfg/aircrafts/Aerosoft_DHC6/config.mcp.lua:625: attempt to perform arithmetic on global ’n’ (a table value)

I have no idea what is the problem and how to proceed.  Any advices would be warmly welcome, thank you!

Hi AaliGee

There are warning that LINDA 2.5.7 may not work with MCP1 panels. We cannot test any software with these obsolete panel.  I recommend you use your backups to revert to 1.13. There is a link on the 2.5.7 download thread for LINDA 1.13.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

Hi AaliGee

The reported error lies in your configuration file for the MCP1 for your aircraft. You may be able to fix it by changing a button assignment in MCP Combo and saving it.  The other fix is to delete the named file in path given in the error message and re-program your buttons.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew