Sign in to follow this  
clayton4115

I am just blown away

I stumbed upon this site and I am using their 3D drivers and took a test flight in FSX and in 3D wow! a HD projector on a huge screen plus now 3D = Amazing FSX experience!!!!

3D add depth to the image and with such a huge screen it is simply amazing!

www.tridef.com

I7-10700F RTX 3070 32 Gig Ram

Not sure about ATI but if using a newer Nvidia card you can use that to offer the old style red/blue 3d. Simply go to the nvid control panel and with a click of a button in the driver settings you can turn it on for 3d applications. Then just start up FSX whack on your old glasses (homemade or otherwise!) and enjoy. Works quite well though can cause headaches after a short while.

I have a stack of the old 3d glasses for when i'm feeling the novelty of having it turned on hehe B)

Lewis - A2A Simulations

oh good so you don't need the tridef 3d drivers if you have a nvidia card? i have the option under 3D in my nvida card.

I would love to hear more testimonials and opinions on this.  At $50 it's not cheap but if it really gives a convincing 3D experience to FSX, (without a huge performance penalty), I would be very interested.

The OP is using a projector which is very different to a more typical display, so is anyone out there using this with a more conventional monitor?

Does anyone know if this might work with a tripleheadtogo unit,and three projectors? Using a Nvidia 480GTX.

Just download and use their drivers, 14 day trial period.

as anyone felt afraid of heights when you are high up? Well that is the feeling i now feel when i am flying 3D, it is just amazing the sensation you get in 3D and now I feel when i am climbing in the 737 or descending it is just you and the clouds, very lonely experience up there!

of course, one needs a 3D capable monitor?

The 3D TVs are expensive...

I doubt this is for 2D monitors.

From their web site, supported FSX: Flight Simulator, Flight Simulator X (DX9 only).

Bob "roadwarrior" Werab

Config: ASUS Prime Motherboard, RYZEN 5, 32 GB Ram, Radeon RX5700 XT, 2 TB SSD

i just wish I could invite all you guys and you can come over experience what I am talking about for yourself,  absolutely amazing ! 

So does this need a special monitor or will it work with a normal TFT monitor, using the 3D glasses from the cinema?

i have moved my projector further back to the end of the wall and now the projection distance is just over 8 feet so now the diagonal image is 90 inches. 

Uh huh, but for those of us that don't have a projector, will this work on a regular TFT monitor, please?

yes it works on normal monitors that what the drivers are designed for. 

yes i am using the red / blue 3d glasses

Ok, cool thanks.

Time to dig out the old 3D glasses and download the trial and give it a go. :smile: