Sign in to follow this  

Norway! UPDATED

Hm. For now I'll just hope that I can fly to Oslo tomorrow without problems. If it still freezes I'll try to find all oslo related files and remove them to see if that solves the problem.

Thanks for the quick answer :) Bit jealous of being at sea. I am way too far from the ocean right now...

Will you guys consider including an afcad with the photoreal textures.

Some areas (tromso) is unflyable because I get the sea coming over the taxiways, and taxing aircraft on the "grass" because the sim can't see the taxiways

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

There are AFCADs, they are a part of the AoN package. The photoreal textures are an addon to the AoN package - they shouldn't be used without having AoN already installed

vatsim s3

1133704.png

Correct, the photosceneries are mandatory (photpack1, photopack2, Rygge ENRY photoscenery).

I have now switched to P3Dv2, and fixed quite a few taxiway issues there.

I have also (since I got a new NSX III Norway Landclass beta here), removed all my LC from the northern airports. So I urge you all to visit my SkyDrive. There you will find AoN 3.6 (FSX & P3D version), photopack2, and the ENRY photo.

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=E0121E64DC8923CA!105

NOTE:

In AoN 3.6, I have lowered a few airports. Be shure to install the .ALT files to xxx\Scenery\World\Scenery for both FSX and P3D. The files have to be removed if you remove the corresonding airport.

DO NOT install the effects in P3D, as they don't work properly there. I have simply put that issue on my ignore list for now  :Whistle:

Loke,

Many thanks for this beauty! Norway is one of my favourite FSX places! 

O do have the previous version of Norway installed. Shall I remove everything and install  these new files?

Thanks and Merry Christmas

Edmundo

Edmundo Azevedo

Andrew,

In your previous post you mention that in your Skydrive we can get AoN3.6, photopack2, ENRY photo, etc. in a total of 7 folders.

This is all  we need, i.e, this replaces everything in your post at the top of this discussion? No photopack 1 required? Could you please clarify?

Thanks again!

Edmundo Azevedo

Always use Photopack1 and Photopack2. Plus the ENRY photo. Photopack2 will later include ENRY and new stuff. It will grow, until it reaches the same size as Photopack1.

Photopack1 has a ENKB photo & autogen that should overwrite the same airport in Photopack1 (check the readmes).

Regarding AoN 3.xx, always completely remove the old folder, then use the new one. Never overwrite AoN 3.xx.

AoN 3.6 or higher will be uploaded to Flighsim.com as well, when I'm happy with the P3D adjustments.

Merry Chiristmas!

Hi Andrew,

Can you pls post a list of changes in AoN 3.6 except that some of the airports have been lowered? Anything else?

EDIT: Found changelog in the included Readme.

Thank you!

Regards,

Victor Quebec

LOL I was thinking of installing an updated version of Norway into P3D 2.0 but even though I started this topic, I don't have clue how to get it complete and updated anymore! It seems to get more and more complicated every month or that's at least how it seems if you don't keep track of everything every week or so. ^_^ And I have to say I don't feel like staying up to date with all the changes anymore. It's too much work LOL

So I think I'll just wait for FTX Norway somewhere next year. And maybe OpenLC and FTX Vector will make things interesting enough until that time. If someone feels like creating a new topic about all this, be my guest! ^_^

LOL I was thinking of installing an updated version of Norway into P3D 2.0 but even though I started this topic, I don't have clue how to get it complete and updated anymore! It seems to get more and more complicated every month or that's at least how it seems if you don't keep track of everything every week or so. ^_^ And I have to say I don't feel like staying up to date with all the changes anymore. It's too much work LOL

So I think I'll just wait for FTX Norway somewhere next year. And maybe OpenLC and FTX Vector will make things interesting enough until that time. If someone feels like creating a new topic about all this, be my guest! ^_^

No, it's rather simple, like I just described!

You relate only to the AoN and AoN Ground folders. You replace AoN now and then, and put some more now and then...into AoN_Ground.

That's simple, and then there is, and always will be, NSX III and Norway Mesh, like with FS9.

There has been a "transition" period, but is now stablizing to known folders, and you will soon have all Landclass in NSX III, not having to worry about additional folders any more.

PatrickM,

Use only the Landclass folder Norway Scenic LC from NSX II. This is Base Norway Landclass for the whole country. Norway Alpine is now included in NSX III.

PS: It is getting simpler in another way: I no more support UTXE, and will let FTX Vectors handle that stuff.

Norway freeware is a breeze compared to keeping ORBX scenery up to date :)

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

Ok... since I have the day off I decided to create a new version of this guide myself anyway LO. I think I've got it figured out by now.

One question for Loki: are the files in the folder called 'AoNN Afcads P3Dv2' mandatory or not...? And where should they be placed? I couldn't find the information in the readme's!

When the above question has been answered, I will post the new guide in a new topic. So stay tuned.

Thanks Jeroen!

PatrickM,

Use only the Landclass folder Norway Scenic LC from NSX II. This is Base Norway Landclass for the whole country. Norway Alpine is now included in NSX III.