Sign in to follow this  

Norway! UPDATED

Admit it, Jeroen, you've pushed Orbx to release Norwegian sceneries. ^_^

but later on there certainly will be more FTX airports made specially for FTX Norway South.

That would be great but I guess we would have to wait for the sales figures first. I've read the (very reasonable) explanation on e.g. future NZ stuff a while ago, hence my point. But you are very right with your tenor and thread, Norway is a nice place to have decent scenery in FSX. :smile:

Admit it, Jeroen, you've pushed Orbx to release Norwegian sceneries. ^_^

If only I had that power... Luckily I don't. B)

Can anyone here that is very familiar with ENGM and has both the Aerosoft ENGM and the AoN version comment on which is more accurate with current ENGM? I guess they are adding to the terminal there if I'm not mistaken? It looks like AoN has the parking for that but no building. Aerosoft does not have this at all. A couple other things I notice are that there are no automated parking at the gates in AoN like in Aerosoft. Also, the fact that you have to switch the runway colors to get the yellow lines is a drawback to AoN ENGM vs Aerosoft ENGM.

Despite that, I'm curious to know which is more realistic/accurate to today's ENGM? AoN ENGM looks excellent! Kind of makes me wish I would not even have bought Aerosoft's.

Also, what about ENVA AoN vs Aerosoft? Which is better?

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

Despite that, I'm curious to know which is more realistic/accurate to today's ENGM? AoN ENGM looks excellent! Kind of makes me wish I would not even have bought Aerosoft's.

Since afaik Aerosoft's version is from 2010 (correct me if I am wrong) and the lastest AoN version is from this month, I presume AoN's version is more accurate!

I have both, and after using the Aerosoft version for a while, I'm now back on AoNs version of ENGM, the sole reason being the FPS hit on my system. In the Aerosoft configurator I put the trees on sparse, airport vehicles to off, but let 3D lights on(didn't try it off since this was the thing  I liked the most). I really liked Aerosoft version mainly due to the lighting(no more floating lights), the little things such as that Gate approach sign(don't know what its officially called) that AoN doesnt have, runway/taxiway markings/signs. 

The AoN version is not as detailed as Aerofts version, but because of the no FPS impact and that it is "good enough" I'm sticking to AoN for now. 

Would really like to know if Stavanger X and Værnes X is equally hard on the system as I'm considering buying those as well...

Ryzen 9 5900X || Gigabyte RTX 4090 Windforce 24G || G.Skill TridentZ 32GB@3600CL16 || Asus ROG Strix Gaming-E X570
XPG SX8200 Pro 2TB M.2 NVMe || Corsair iCUE H115i PRO XT || Phanteks Eclipse P500A D-RGB || Phanteks Revolt Pro 1000W
Gigabyte 43'' FV43U 4k@144hz || X55 Rhino || G27 || Oculus Quest 2 || Turtle Beach Velocity One

I have both Stavanger X and Vaernes X and both perform good on my system.  Stavanger performs better than Vaernes and I think is a better airport overall as far as quality of scenery is concerned too.  Not that Vaernes is not good, I just think Stavanger is probably the best done airport in Norway by anyone.

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

I only have Værnes and it's easy on the fps. Pretty small airport though, so that was expected. Nothing like ENGM.

Just did a quick comparison between AoN ENGM and Aerosoft ENGM again and I think Aerosoft's buildings look better/more detailed including the terminal.  I don't care so much for Aerosoft's trees so I think I prefer AoN there.  FPS wise, of course Aerosoft is more heavy those, but performs fine on my system w/ NGX.  So, overall, I'm preferring Aerosoft, I think.  But, if I had seen AoN prior to buying Aerosoft, I probably would not have bought it as the AoN one, as someone else earlier said, is "good enough" and better on the FPS too.

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

Can anyone here that is very familiar with ENGM and has both the Aerosoft ENGM and the AoN version comment on which is more accurate with current ENGM? I guess they are adding to the terminal there if I'm not mistaken? It looks like AoN has the parking for that but no building. Aerosoft does not have this at all. A couple other things I notice are that there are no automated parking at the gates in AoN like in Aerosoft. Also, the fact that you have to switch the runway colors to get the yellow lines is a drawback to AoN ENGM vs Aerosoft ENGM.

Also, what about ENVA AoN vs Aerosoft? Which is better?

My understanding of Andrews approach to scenery/airport development, is to look at the bigger picture - that means the overall layout of the airport and surroundings must be accurate, and the scenery must produce good FPS... The AoN ENGM rendition features the new T2 along with aprons and parkings, and the airports surroundings are photo real.

Same goes for ENBR and ENZV; while you will probably find more small (and in the nature of aircraft simulation - not important at all) details and eyecandy in the Aerosofts versions, you'll find the big surroundings and the airport layout to be 110% correct in the AoN pacakages. The Cloud9 ENBR still has an ongoing construction site near the airport, where in the AoN you can actually see the hotel finished, that they are building in Cloud9s version ;)

It is, in my opinion really a matter of taste...

Mas

Great idea on the new thread. :smile:

Can you folks confirm that the current 3.50 AoN seems to lack the localizer for rw9 at ENSK (STOKMARKNES/Skagen)? It's an offset one and while the offset LOC for rw27 is present, you currently don't receive the rw09 LOC. Here's the corresponding chart if anyone cares. https://www.ippc.no/norway_aip/current/AIP/AD/ENSK/EN_AD_2_ENSK_5-3_en.pdf

The location and approach are very nice, thanks to the work of the friendly freeware devs.

Confirmed on my AoN as well. I'll ask at over at the Norwegian forum. 

Mas

• Upvote 1

Thanks for checking. Mas.

/ sent from a mobile thingy /

Thanks for checking. Mas.

NP - got a fast reply from Andrew, and it seemes the LOC is missing in default FSX as well. He said he would add it to the AoN 3.5 package, but most likely not right away, so stay tuned, I'll try and post any news here as well, if Jeroen does not beat me to it,,,

Mas

• Upvote 1

True, the default airport also lacks the rw09 LOC. Now one can add such a thing with ADE of course but if the devs themselves correct it, it's even better. Thanks again for you efforts, and theirs. :)

My understanding of Andrews approach to scenery/airport development, is to look at the bigger picture - that means the overall layout of the airport and surroundings must be accurate, and the scenery must produce good FPS...

Andrew doing the right priorities. Thank you!

NEW AoN 3.5 + Photopack. Use original download link provided in the 1st post by Jeroen.

Changelog;

Photopack - Contained autogen files for a seperate ENBO scenery, these are now removed. Users who do NOT wish to download the complete photopackage again, can:

Delete all .agn files with filedate 23. april 2013 time 12:49 from AoN_Ground\Texture.

AoN 3.5:

Added LOC 09 for ENSK

Better flattening and twy signing on ENAT

Brighter day texture on ENAT terminal

Better placement of landclass on ENHK

As usual all kudos to the devs! How blessed we are!

Mas

• Upvote 1