Sign in to follow this  
LX777

Why not a 787 from PMDG?

Who of you would be happy to get a well-running Dreamliner? If it's not possible in real, try it virtual :lol:! I think that was discussed earlier, but like PMDG won't finish the NLS A380 (or LX retires their A340 fleet :P ) it could be a good project after the 777. What is actually in planning after the 777? Still the Dash?

I ve just flown on QR's 787 enroute DOH back to ZRH, really appreaciated it: The only thing was the stupid Inflight Entertainment box in front of my seat that fought against my legs...The sunrise was super anyway

Nice picture, we should probably let PMDG release there T7/ NGX 1.2/747 update, before we ask for more! 

Robert commented on this earlier this year. They would have to enter a new agreement with Boeing, get all the manuals and technical specifications, etc. It would be a very long process, but not impossible. Just think of the time it took to develop the NGX and the T7.

I do look forward to hearing what will follow the 737, 777, and 747. I also want to know what product they will decide to push to X-Plane.

LUIS LINARES

Processor: Intel Core i9 6700K 9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) Eight Core; CPU Cooling: NXXT Kraken X62 280mm CPU Liquid Cooler; System Memory: 64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM @ 3200 MHz, RGB; Graphics Processor: 11GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, GDDR6, Primary Drive: 2TB Samsung 850 Pro Solid State Drive (SSD)

Didn't know about the DC-6, but that sounds nice - flying on good old Swissair color sheme...

The guess with 2020 is the most fitting maybe, then hopefully no more on FSX - maybe Prepar 5d :lol:

So let's enjoy the time being till the 777-200 is out and the 77W completes our virtual airline fleets

Potential problems:

1) Not enough real world 787 data to satisfy PMDG

2) PMDG have their hands full of existing projects, possibly stretching into 2016/2017 (I think the Dash 8 will be canned)

3) QualityWings is developing their own 787, and it looks like it's going to be their best work yet.

4) Aerosim already has a 'lite' 787, and AFAIK it isn't selling like hotcakes.

Advantages:

1) Some systems commonality with the 777.

2) PMDG has a good working relationship with Boeing.

3) Very popular with airlines and real-world fleet is increasing.

4) 777-X? 737 MAX?

I personally would like to see a PMDG CRJ-700... How ever I agree that a 787 would be cool.

With PMDG having their hands full with the T7, 744v2 and the Dash-6 for years, and with them venturing into X-Plane I sense a remote likelihood that the day the PMDG 787 will be released, it'll be for X-Plane exclusively ...

1) Not enough real world 787 data to satisfy PMDG

If there is enough data out there to make a full-motion simulator, there's definitely enough for PMDG.

If there is enough data out there to make a full-motion simulator, there's definitely enough for PMDG.

Data on real world 787 performance is right now a bit of a closely guarded secret by the launch airlines (like ANA) as few people actually believe the performance data presented by Boeing. The 747-8 also suffered a performance shortfall and Cargolux, a launch customer for the 747-8, actually refused to take delivery for a while due to over-optimistic performance figures by Boeing.

do you think they will be available for any other project before at least 3-4 years? RSR indirectly pointed that they are into enhancing the platform of simulation before any other project can take place. and to think about it? the B787, A380, B777, A350  those 4 are dominating the world of aviation in the upcoming 10 years or more. And since there is no intent from PMDG to go into airbus, I cant see any problem to see  PMDG dreamliner but not before 5 years from now 

thats my opinion! 

Moe ELkarout

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

The problem would also be finding many pilots to build a tech team etc too. It does share quite a lot with the 777 though. I personally prefer the 787-9 over the -8. Shame they never went with the brown cockpit like all the other heavy Boeings - than the NGX grey/white lighting. 

I say just let PMDG do what they have planned (as public knowledge) then go from there...

By the way does anybody know if PMDG plans to get their new products Prepar3d ready? Another question I asked myself: Is there a boxed Version of the Prepar3d Sim available? The screenshots looks brilliant, but I expect my pc would say goodbye after the install ^_^. Do you have experience on it?

Thanks