Sign in to follow this  
PowerDrag

Any 200/ER 300 Planned?

I'd say 900 people is a statistically significant group. So while it might not be "right now", I do think a 200ER is in the pipeline.

I agree with you.

Folks seem to think that FS has a huge following., but companies like PMDG, VRS, Aerosoft, Majestic have all claimed how small the market really is.

The more complex simulated aircraft are generally LESS desired. Most guys apparently don't t want to read 1000 pages of a manual, or a 20 page tutorial to figure out how to fly them

its safe to say we are a small, rather geeky group of guys that enjoy the depth and detail that companies like PMDG produce 

Peter Osborn

Based on the sales of the  200LR LMAO! Capitalism at its best: release the least desirable model first that so that you have to purchase it in order to purchase yet again the other more desirable derivatives.

PMDG is a commercial organisation that needs to generate a profit to survive.  I see nothing wrong in the company making sound business decisions. 

Lawrence Hamilton

PMDG_737ngx_proud_own3_378x68.png

Wasn't there supposed to be the 737-900ER at some point in consideration, too?

I am still waiting for it to show up... :-/

Cheers Jan 
5800X3D | Asus Strix 3080TI OC | 32GB G.Skill RipJaws | 1T + 250GB Samsung 960 Evo | Windows 10 | MSFS

IIRC, the ER and BBJ models were in the pipeline, with a possibility of the military versions aswell (Wedgetail and P8-Poseidon).

PMDG is a commercial organisation that needs to generate a profit to survive.  I see nothing wrong in the company making sound business decisions. 

I never said it was wrong, just calling it as I see it. To believe otherwise is just plain naive.

I think the fact that they are calling it the "777-200LR/F Base Package" should be a clue to what they got up their sleeves.

Eric W

I can't find the quote, but a while back I believe RSR said the ER package was essentially complete, but that it was going to require SP2, which would come after the 777 release. I think we will see the ER package with SP2.

I'd say 900 people is a statistically significant group. So while it might not be "right now", I do think a 200ER is in the pipeline.

I'm a radio host and speak to roughly 500,000 per week/2 million people a month roughly.  I live in a city of millions and millions, so for us anyway a sample size of 1000 isn't enough to make major decisions on.  I know what PMDG have said their plans are for the LRX and expansion models, so I'm merely commenting just for the sake of I need something to do while I finish my beer.  

If that poll were to gather around 2 or 3 thousand votes and get a solid 90% vote then that would be significant.  After all, my city only has about 4 million people that I can speak to at any given moment, but PMDG has the entire world.  Mind you not everyone on this rock enjoys flightsim, and not all who do flightsim know about PMDG and/or have joined this forum.  But whatever. 

Based on the sales of the  200LR LMAO! Capitalism at its best: release the least desirable model first that so that you have to purchase it in order to purchase yet again the other more desirable derivatives.

That has absolutely nothing to do with the decision. (and it isn't borne out by our history either - the 800 is by far the most popular 737NG model and it was included in the  NGX base pack)

The 200LR, 777F and 300ER all share the same GE90-110/115 engine. This is the primary reason we made the decision we made. If we did the 200ER first we would have to produce at a minimum 3 different engine models and ratings (which are all significantly different from one another) before releasing. We don't fake our engines here - these operate very close to the real life ones and there's a ton of custom coding going on behind the scenes that you can't see that makes it happen. It also means three separate soundsets. This is one of the more time consuming parts of our development process and it would cause a significantly longer time to release for the base pack if we'd done the 200ER. There will be more 300ERs in service by the end of this year than 200ERs by the way too. 

The 200LR is also the most capable aircraft in the 777 fleet as far as performance goes. It can fly the longest and furthest, carries the most fuel etc. You can do any real life flight that a 777 does in a 200LR. That is not true for the 200ER - there are a lot of 200LR or 300ER routes it wouldn't be able to make. I don't know how you've made the determination that it's the "least desirable model" - it serves a niche market in the real world for sure, but it is arguably the most advanced model of the airplane given the options for aux tanks and the improvements it has vs. the 200ER.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

That has absolutely nothing to do with the decision. (and it isn't borne out by our history either - the 800 is by far the most popular 737NG model and it was included in the  NGX base pack)

The 200LR, 777F and 300ER all share the same GE90-110/115 engine. This is the primary reason we made the decision we made. If we did the 200ER first we would have to produce at a minimum 3 different engine models and ratings (which are all significantly different from one another) before releasing. We don't fake our engines here - these operate very close to the real life ones and there's a ton of custom coding going on behind the scenes that you can't see that makes it happen. It also means three separate soundsets. This is one of the more time consuming parts of our development process and it would cause a significantly longer time to release for the base pack if we'd done the 200ER. There will be more 300ERs in service by the end of this year than 200ERs by the way too. 

The 200LR is also the most capable aircraft in the 777 fleet as far as performance goes. It can fly the longest and furthest, carries the most fuel etc. You can do any real life flight that a 777 does in a 200LR. That is not true for the 200ER - there are a lot of 200LR or 300ER routes it wouldn't be able to make. I don't know how you've made the determination that it's the "least desirable model" - it serves a niche market in the real world for sure, but it is arguably the most advanced model of the airplane given the options for aux tanks and the improvements it has vs. the 200ER.

+1!   I have always eyed the -200LR since it was capable of flying virtually anywhere non-stop!   I am happy that we are getting that one first.  Thanks for clarifying Ryan.

Kind regards

From what I understand, the 200ER, and the 300 were meant to be progressed based on how the sales of the base package (200LR/F) did.

I think the 777 will sell beyond expectations due to several reasons which I won't mention due to time.

So long as there is a 777-300Er at some point I will be beyond content with that.

Hi Ryan,

Is what you are saying above suggests that the 200er will not be made, because of the different engine types? Or simply explaining why it is not in the base product?

Alex

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

Hi Ryan,

Is what you are saying above suggests that the 200er will not be made, because of the different engine types? Or simply explaining why it is not in the base product?

Alex

What I took from this immediately is that of a no show. Bigging up the LR against the ER wouldn't fill me with confidence.....

Doesn't sound good for a 200ER let alone any of the others.