Sign in to follow this  
adi518

Way to turn ON anti-skid by default?

I'm using a stupid gamepad to control fsx so my control over the brakes is not easy and they lock-up easily. I noticed turning ON anti-skid fixes the problem, but I have to do it each time I start a flight or when refreshing the aircraft/scenery. Is there way to turn this ON by default in the cfg?

If it is a key command you could assign a key/button for it.

yeh I know.. I just rather have it set permanently. Odd, there isn't such option in the options panel.

it's the same thing on every aircraft I've tried

Which aircraft would that be?

If turning the anti skid on is part if the procedure for setting the aircraft up, then why would there be an option to have It turn on by default? Your best bet is to save a flight in the aircraft you want with anti skid on then just load it so it's turned on every time already.  

A simple aircraft like the default 172.

Nah.. I'm not the kind of person who go through saving flights and then loading each time.. this method is just PITA. Thanks for the advice. :)

If you have a registered FSUIPC install one could write a very small LUA script to turn it on and keep it on. 

" If anti-skid is off , turn it on "

Anti Skid works with all aircraft, those with wheels and brakes at least.. :-)

20AUG21_Avsim_Sig.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS   Little Navmap 

Here's my solution (does not requre FSUIPC or LUA scripts, although they are a perfectly valid alternative)...

First you will need to add the below line to every aircraft for which you want antiskid enabling. By adding this line, you won't ever be able to disable antiskid in these aircraft. This goes in any aircraft's panel.cfg under the [Vcockpit01] section, where [xx] is next number in sequence:

gauge[xx]=antiskid!antiskid,      0,0,0,0

Next, create a file (using notepad or a text editor of your choice) which contains:

<Gauge Name="antiskid" Version="1.0" Author=" ">
	<Update Frequency="6"/>

<Element>
      <Select>
          <Value>
   (A:ANTISKID BRAKES ACTIVE,bool) ! if{ (> K:ANTISKID_BRAKES_TOGGLE) }
          </Value>
      </Select>
  </Element>

</Gauge>

And save the file somewhere as antiskid.xml (note XML format, not TXT). 

Create a folder called antiskid in the gauges folder (root FSX directory), and move antiskid.xml into there.

All done, this works very reliably for me!

Philip (N3744F) - Yes indeed, we discussed using the same/similar XML - the downside is installing into every aircraft. BTW, excellent home simulator!!  :im Not Worthy: 

Since Adi uses the gamepad as a primary controller, in the background we both kept working on a FSUIPC solution.

A note about saving the flight - Does not work, the state of the anti-lock brakes (among others) is not written into the saved flight file. Also, it doesn't keep its state during an aircraft reload, aircraft change, flight reset, flight change, FSX load or crash.  

We worked on 2 iterations at first, with drawbacks. The 3rd set of code couldn't of happened without Peter Dowsons' help with FSUIPC and an interim build to include a 1 byte offset to include the state of anti-lock brakes.

Requirements -

-Registered FSUIPC

-The latest build V4.913 (or newer) - here

It works by checking every 3 seconds to see if Anti-Skid is on, if not, turn it on. ( very similar to the XML gauge above :rolleyes:  )

Installation -

-Copy the following code into an empty text file. Save and rename it to "AASkid.lua"

-Move the newly created LUA file into FSX/Modules 

-------------------------------------------------------
-- FSX Lua plug-in for automatic anti skid activation --

function anti_skid()
status = ipc.readSB(0x0BFD)
        if status ~= 1 then 
 ipc.control(66720) 
        end  
end

-- YOU MAY ADJUST THE TIMER IN MSecs USING THE FIRST VALUE
event.timer(3000, "anti_skid") 

- Then in the FSUIPC.ini, add to, or create the following section.

[Auto]
1=LUA AASkid 

That's it. Maybe this can help others that have a gamepad or a joystick controller that uses a brake on/off trigger. It can also be used for those with axis controls too, IE toe brakes, to keep from locking up the tires.

20AUG21_Avsim_Sig.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS   Little Navmap 

That's brilliant, thank you!!

The LUA solution is much appreciated (I only put the XML into a couple of aircraft, so this is a hanger-wide fix).

I noticed that antiskid was left out of FSUIPC and just assumed it was by limitation, so it's really good to see that added now. :)

Many thanks

Yes! This thread ended up in great work by Mr. spokes2112 here.. I think this can be crucial for some, so now that a solution is available, many will find this thread useful! :)

Requirements -

-Registered FSUIPC

-The latest build V4.913 (or newer) - here

It works by checking every 3 seconds to see if Anti-Skid is on, if not, turn it on. ( very similar to the XML gauge above :rolleyes:  )

Of course, because you can also write to the offset 0BFD to switch the anti-skid on or off, the Lua plug in could be even simpler:

-- FSX Lua plug-in for automatic anti skid activation --

function anti_skid()
    ipc.writeUB(0x0BFD, 1)
end

event.offset(ox0BFD, "UB",  "anti_skid") 

Regards

Pete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen