•  

Where Flight Simulation Enthusiasts Gather from Around the World!

HOT SPOTS:
 rarrow.gif The 2014 Demographic Survey! - NEW!

rarrow.gif What's new in the Library

rarrow.gif Member Blogs

rarrow.gif Member Reviews - Contribute a Review!
rarrow.gif Bargain Hunters Forum
rarrow.gif Classified, Want, Swap Ads

rarrow.gif AVSIM Team Speak System

rarrow.gif Video Library
rarrow.gif Image Gallery
rarrow.gif Community Links Library
rarrow.gif Tutorials

rarrow.gif FS9. FSX & P3D CTD Guide

rarrow.gif FSX / P3D Configuration Guide

rarrow.gif AVSIM Publications 

Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight and simulation communities. Please help us keep it that way. Donate what you can today! Thank you for your support!

. . .
Photo

Risk of Closure
 26AUG13 - Welcome to 777 Release Week!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
498 replies to this topic

#1 rsrandazzo

rsrandazzo

Member - 3,000+

• Commercial Member
  • 3,447 posts
  • Joined 12 Years, 5 Months and 12 Days Ago.

Posted 26 August 2013 - 11:24 AM

Captains-

Welcome to release week for the PMDG 777-200LR/F!

We are in the process of tamping down some final details and cleaning up documentation and license text, all with an eye toward delivering the finest 777 simulation you have ever flown.

I want to give you a quick primer on what to expect during the week ahead, and also provide some firm warnings on on what NOT to expect- just so that we can keep everyone singing from the same sheet of music, as it were.

Here are the important things you will want to know:

1) We are currently working a dozen or so small items that will not prevent release. 

2) We are currently evaluating one item that has the potential to hold up a release. 

3) We are in a "day-to-day" decision making mode whereby we evaluate the fitness of the product and decide if we feel it is ready for release, or if we should continue to hold it for further review. 

4) Right now, the "Circle Error Probable" (you mathematicians and fellow Cold War relics will understand that reference. B) )on release is about seven days wide, starting Wednesday morning.

5) Given #4 above, that tells me we are likely releasing during the coming weekend.

6) If ANYTHING pops up in testing that we think requires resolution prior to release, we will do so.  Even if that means a significant delay...  We evaluate such items based entirely in the risk that they negatively impact the usability of the product- so if the risk is high, we will hold...   (I'll come back and let you know if this happens, however!)

If any of you ever SERIOUSLY believed that we are just being abusive when we tell you that we do not plan release dates- go back and read #4 and #5 again.  We are within 9 days of finishing a highly complex aircraft simulation, and we STILL don't know which day it will get released to you...   This is because we release it "on condition" rather than simply putting a tack on the calendar and saying "this is when it goes out."

Okay- so....

We WILL give you some warning...  So there is no need to sit and hammer the CTRL+R on your browser.  (Although we do love the enthusiasm!  ahahahahahha)

During the next couple of days you may see the website go down for a few moments here and there.  We are doing a bunch of testing, tweaking and tuning on the performance side.  Additionally we are going to be making sales page updates, etc.  In the past we have pushed all of those up to the server at release time, but this one may be a bit different- so if you suddenly see the 777 product sales page go live- don't panic... 

The product will be made available to you shortly after I win the release date contest that has been going on in the 777 forum.  (I love a good competition... especially when I control the outcome!  :ph34r: )

I had the good fortune to spend the weekend flying the 777 around to various points on the globe and I have to tell you that this is my favorite PMDG product ever...  This airplane FEELS and ACTS like a serious airliner- and it is hard to beat that sense of purpose when you push off the gate headed for points beyond.  One of our beta testers likened her to a cruise ship entering or leaving port- and the analogy really is spot on.

I think my favorite feature in this airplane thus far is the "cruise time acceleration."  Those of us with multiple real-world obligations that prevent 15hr long hauls can still enjoy them- because the airplane helps to smoothly and safely allow time acceleration so that I can fit a nice KSFO-EGLL segment into my sunday afternoon if I wish...  (And to those who can put the entire real-time flight in:  I eny you.  LOL)

I have seen a few folks posit that the 777 is just a "big NGX."  What a misguided thought process that is...  The 777 is a completely different bird- and the skills needed to master this airplane are completely different than those you used to succeed with the kid brother of this massive airplane.

Some folks have asked about performance:  I am seeing very very good performance all around on this airplane- even better than what I see with the NGX- and significantly better than what I saw with the 400X.

Overall I think the team is really happy with what we have accomplished here-  and we are very excited to get you all flying!

Alright: Gear Down, Flaps 30 Final Items!

This post has been promoted to an article

Robert S. Randazzo Posted Image
Precision Manuals Development Group
http://www.precisionmanuals.com
Posted Image

*Please note that I am unable to read/respond to forum private messages from non-admins.  If you are a user/customer and require my attention, please reach out via http://support.precisionmanuals.com and one of the tech will get back to you, or forward your item along to me as appropriate.  Thank you for your understanding!

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

#2 Goof

Goof

• Members
  • 567 posts
  • Joined 3 Years, 4 Months and 2 Days Ago.

Posted 26 August 2013 - 11:25 AM

Hahaaaaaa.. first time that i am the first one to reply :) Looking forward to fly this bird :)

Thanks for the headsup Robert

Greets,
Alexander Marx

Posted Image

#3 b0gey_dead_six

b0gey_dead_six

• Members
  • 211 posts
  • Joined 4 Years, 9 Months and 30 Days Ago.

Posted 26 August 2013 - 11:25 AM

:wub:

David Garrison

#4 flyer421

flyer421

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • Joined 2 Years and 22 Days Ago.

Posted 26 August 2013 - 11:26 AM

Awesome news!

Grant Savage

Future Professional pilot.

11 Hours Real World Flight Time

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

#5 OscarGallego90

OscarGallego90

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Joined 2 Years, 8 Months and 22 Days Ago.

Posted 26 August 2013 - 11:26 AM

:rolleyes:  :rolleyes:

Óscar Gallego

Posted Image

#6 IFR7700

IFR7700

• Members
  • 1,816 posts
  • Joined 3 Years and 24 Days Ago.

Posted 26 August 2013 - 11:27 AM

woo freakin hoo !!!

Off to get some printer supplies.

Dennis Trawick

Screen Shot Forum Rules

Posted Image

#7 SpeedBird219

SpeedBird219

• Members
  • 746 posts
  • Joined 2 Years, 7 Months and 5 Days Ago.

Posted 26 August 2013 - 11:29 AM

I CAN DO A FLEW FLIGHTS BEFORE I HAVE TO LEAVE ALL ELECTRONIC DEVICES OFF AND GO DO SOME WORK!!!!!!! YEEEEEEHHAAAAWWWW

-ANDY GREEN
Flight Diary Account : http://flightdiary.net/SpeedBird773
5 Hours experience in Grob 115, 30 minutes in Grob 102
10 Hours in Grob 109 PLUS SOLO! 23rd November 2013!

#8 Chris F.

Chris F.

Free Bird.

• Gallery Owner
  • 678 posts
  • Joined 3 Years, 6 Months and 18 Days Ago.

Posted 26 August 2013 - 11:32 AM

:wub:  :wub:

Fleet Service Clerk @ American Airlines - KJFK International.

Click Picture Below To View My Recent Flight Using VatAware!

1183945.png

UAE1405.png

#9 RudiJG1

RudiJG1

Member - 1,000+

• Members
  • 1,128 posts
  • Joined 6 Years, 11 Months and 21 Days Ago.

Posted 26 August 2013 - 11:32 AM

Exciting news and thanks, Capt!

#10 rsrandazzo

rsrandazzo

Member - 3,000+

• Topic Starter
  • Commercial Member
  • 3,447 posts
  • Joined 12 Years, 5 Months and 12 Days Ago.

Posted 26 August 2013 - 11:33 AM

Gents-

Please sign your posts in this forum.  We are going to start banning members who cannot remember this simple request...

Would be a shame to have to lock you out this week, of all weeks.

Robert S. Randazzo Posted Image
Precision Manuals Development Group
http://www.precisionmanuals.com
Posted Image

*Please note that I am unable to read/respond to forum private messages from non-admins.  If you are a user/customer and require my attention, please reach out via http://support.precisionmanuals.com and one of the tech will get back to you, or forward your item along to me as appropriate.  Thank you for your understanding!

#11 regamuffin

regamuffin

• Members
  • 73 posts
  • Joined 5 Years, 7 Months and 27 Days Ago.

Posted 26 August 2013 - 11:34 AM

fantastic news guys, appricate your hard work into this product

5221ca8da7a0a.jpg

#12 Ben Cap

Ben Cap

Member - 4,000+

• Members
  • 4,513 posts
  • Joined 3 Years, 11 Months and 1 Day

Posted 26 August 2013 - 11:36 AM

Tears of joy

- Ben Cap

#13 Gabriel Teles

Gabriel Teles

• Members
  • 423 posts
  • Joined 3 Years, 1 Month and 10 Days Ago.

Posted 26 August 2013 - 11:39 AM

Oh, I can see the failure of my F5 key in the next few days...  :P

Gabriel J. T. Rodrigues

My mods in the library

My photography

English isn't my native language. Sometimes, I'm going to do mistakes or sound strange and for this I'm sorry. Please feel free to correct me at anytime. Thanks for your comprehension!

#14 MTN1289

MTN1289

• Members
  • 116 posts
  • Joined 5 Years, 7 Months and 25 Days Ago.

Posted 26 August 2013 - 11:40 AM

Excellent news!

Thanks for the update.

Jeff Hendershot
"Roger, Roger...What's Our Vector, Victor?"

#15 ijorge511

ijorge511

• Members
  • 59 posts
  • Joined 3 Years, 5 Months and 24 Days Ago.

Posted 26 August 2013 - 11:41 AM

Welcome to release week for the PMDG 777-200LR/F!

Should we expect pricing info closer to release Rob?

Can't wait, well worth the wait! Thanks so much!

Jorge Sanchez - KMIA
@iJorge511

This Topic Is Now Being Monitored by AVSIM Staff

This topic is being monitored by AVSIM Staff and moderators because it appears to be at risk of "going south", "getting out of hand", "abusive" or moving toward violating our Terms of Service. Be advised that this topic could be closed without additional notice and you REALLY, REALLY, do not want your post in this topic to be the one that caused that to happen. Please do not contribute further to the risk of closure of this topic. If you are wondering why this notice is posted on this topic, please re-read our Terms of Service.

Where Flight Simulation Enthusiasts Gather from Around the World!