I have read a few threads on here however this is more a specialized thread. I know I am going to be buying a Saitek Pro Flight, I have an X52 but I rarely fly military aircraft so the joystick fora 737/757 or any GA aircraft is not really doing it justice. I was wondering on the Pro Flight if the T5/T6 buttons could be used as sliders for the rudder until I get my rudder pedals in, also same question on the Cessna Version.

How is the build quality of the Cessna Version over the Pro Flight?

8414713730_2947d4201c_n.jpg

I had the Pro Flight model and worn it out over 3+ years of use. I now have the Cessna version. Overall, they both work. However, the quality and feel of the Cessna model is worth the extra cost. I have had the Cessna model for about 3 months and really enjoy it. I hope it lasts as long as the Pro Flight one did.

Regards,

Danny

Danny

Guest tymk

Hi Danny,

How do the two yokes (Pro Flight and Cessna) compare in terms of precision? Does the Cessna yoke also have the large hardware deadzones, especially in the pitch axis?

Thanks,

Tym

I was wondering on the Pro Flight if the T5/T6 buttons could be used as sliders for the rudder until I get my rudder pedals in, also same question on the Cessna Version.

I don't think you can do this with buttons at all.  The rudder needs to be an axis.  Maybe there would be something you could do with FSUIPC though?

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

Hi Danny,

How do the two yokes (Pro Flight and Cessna) compare in terms of precision? Does the Cessna yoke also have the large hardware deadzones, especially in the pitch axis?

Thanks,

Tym

Tym:

The Cessna yoke is more precise than the Pro yoke, noticibly, but not by a significant amount. However, I do use FSUIPC to calibrate all of my controllers, so, through that program I am able to tailor the sensitivity. I did open the Cessna yoke up and replace the main spring with a couple rubber bands to lessen the centering force.

Danny

Danny

I did open the Cessna yoke up and replace the main spring with a couple rubber bands to lessen the centering force.

Danny

+1 That is a wonderful mod, wish I had done it sooner.

John  Hubbard   MSFS2020 - Win10                    

Less issues with the Cessna yoke as well since it doesn't have the front LCD display as on the standard Pro Flight yoke. This display was the cause of some returns on this model. Re assigning rudder to buttons... By default in FSX this has to be assigned to a control axis. I think you can assign rudder trim to buttons, but that wont work well at all for actual responsive rudder control. In other words, don't take too long to get your rudder pedals hooked up and working :)

Dean
Manager - PC Aviator Australia

Retailing Sim DVD Software, Downloads, Hardware and Accessories

I have a question regarding the Cessna yoke as well - does it suffer from the same stickiness as the Pro flight version?

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

I have a question regarding the Cessna yoke as well - does it suffer from the same stickiness as the Pro flight version?

I have had mine for over a year  now and have experienced no sticking whatsoever.  It is very smooth on all axis.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Well I ended up purchasing the Pro Flight line, not the Cessna line, and I am still impressed, perhaps my model is the newest or I just got lucky, not really noticing any sticking, the detents are noticeable but with some tweaking they pose no "threat" to smooth hand flying. Bought my setup from Amazon.com for a total of 225 USD (Yoke, quadrant, pedals) and got 7.99 overnight shipping, can't argue with that.

I have had my Cessna Yoke for over a year and as an upgrade from my Pro Flight Yoke(s), which I've always had issues with, it was definitely worth it.

The Pro Flight Yoke was always a bit sticky, unprecise, deadzones were too big, elevator axis was sticky, aileron axis was squeeky and sticky, yoke died after one year.

Cessna Yoke, much much smoother, double the aileron axis travel, preciser, better quality, quieter throttle quadrant levers.

I have had my Cessna Yoke for over a year and as an upgrade from my Pro Flight Yoke(s), which I've always had issues with, it was definitely worth it.

The Pro Flight Yoke was always a bit sticky, unprecise, deadzones were too big, elevator axis was sticky, aileron axis was squeeky and sticky, yoke died after one year.

Cessna Yoke, much much smoother, double the aileron axis travel, preciser, better quality, quieter throttle quadrant levers.

hhhhmmm I wonder if the newer Saitek stuff is better now than most of the reviews that were done a few years ago, or like I said I could have just gotten lucky..... *knocks on wood*

hhhhmmm I wonder if the newer Saitek stuff is better now than most of the reviews that were done a few years ago, or like I said I could have just gotten lucky..... *knocks on wood*

The thing will start to develop issues real soon.

Check out the Avsim review of the Cessna Yoke and pedals.  Maybe 18 months ago or so.

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .