Sign in to follow this  
RobW

DX10 issue with Concorde X - blank ADI

Hi folks,

Appreciate that this isn't a product support forum for the Concorde X but wanted to see if anyone else is experiencing the same problem as me and/or is their a fix or workaround?

I've just switched to running in DX10 Preview - applying the shader fixes mentioned in this forum

With Concorde X as soon as the aircraft is powered the ADI spins around to show a plain white ball - all of the pitch and nav guides appear on it still but no horizon.

The strange thing is the ADI shows fine when the aircraft is un-powered: 

Any ideas?

Thanks

Rob Wilkinson

Edited by firehawk44
Image removed. Exceeded 1600W. See Image Posting Rules under Forums Menu above.

Cool, that works thank you! The only issue now is that V-Sync doesn't seem to like windowed mode 

I have actually posted about this issue in the FSL forums. Lefteris responded that it was not a simple fix and required a rebuild of the entire gauge.  Windowed mode will work otherwise you just have to put up with it that way in full screen.  As far as I can tell its the only part of ConcordeX that does not like DX10 mode.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Thanks Mark - good to hear what the official line is from FSL. I'm not sure what the lesser of the two evils is, flying without the main ADI or flying with ADI in windowed mode with the screen tearing! I guess its all about the compromise!

Cheers

Rob

Add "ForceWindowedVSync=1" under the [Graphics] section, Rob.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Thanks for the info Paul - I'll give it a try. Do the same principles for v-sync apply under Windowed mode - i.e. setting the Frame Limiter to 30fps etc?

Many thanks

Rob

Here's the answer, I think, Rob - Borderless Windowed mode - in our Library, here, in FSX - Miscellaneous Files. sx-p3d-borderless.zip

I haven't tried this, and there's no mention of vsync there, but I suspect it does work. If not - then look at page 15 of the Avsim Hardware & software Guide...

All the Best!

pj

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Thanks Paul, that looks like the perfect solution. I'm struggling a bit getting vsync to work in windowed mode though. I've added ForceWindowedVSync=1 to the [Graphics] section but I'm still getting tearing in FSX in windowed mode. I've got frames in FSX limited to 30. I'm just using the NVIDIA Control Panel, and for FSX I've tested the Vertical Sync setting at 'On', 'Adaptive (half refresh rate)' and 'Use the 3D application setting' - none of these has worked in windowed mode. I'm running a GTX670 with drivers 314.07

Any light you can shine on this will be greatly appreciated

Best regards

Rob

May have solved this one (I think!). I've set Vsync off in the Nvidia Control Panel. I've then stopped Windows DWM after loading FSX, forcing it to restart - looks like its fixed it

Glad to hear you-'re seeing some light! You need Inspector, though - it has much better control.