Sign in to follow this  
RudiJG1

A2A Cessna 172 now available

Just took my first flight in the Florida Keys with the A2A C172 before sunset and

THIS THING IS AMAZING!!!!!!!

From the engine start to take off, pure A2A quality with effects that blow you away!!

Literally the most amazing take off experience I think I have ever had in FSX. It just feels very real.

(Obviously real pilots know better than me though). Still, the engine and prop spool up and down in what appears to be a very realistic manner. Sounds in the cockpit are unique and amazing. This is going to me a must have for many people!

FPS is very good. I would say atleast the same as the A2A Cub on my 2.0 ghz labtop. (Steady 25 FPS with normal fsx scenery and REX Plus running.)

First landing was a little rough... : ( think I already broke something.... Lol

B.

^Deskpilot, there's something wrong with your NDB and COM/NAV2 radios. Seems like COM/NAV2 droops down over onto the NDB display. Mine work perfectly.

A couple of omissions that I miss for this to absolutely perfect:

1: Icing is not modelled

2: Circuit breakers aren't modelled

3: There's no DME (Optional, I know, but it sure would be useful for the GPS-less models)

I've had a CTD, but that's probably because I've flown it nonstop since I got hold of it. My poor computer! :lol:  

Coupla things I noticed..

1). If you mouse over the passenger door handle, and click to open it - the pilot's door opens..

2). It can be a sod to start from cold, but it clears ok: mag drops are very realistic.

3). It works quite perfectly in DX10! Yes - the lights, too!

Filesize is 224MB.

I've noticed the same with issue # 1.

I actually do have time in real 172s, but that was a thousand years ago, maybe I just forgot! :biggrin:

Same here! Well, almost 3 years now. I do remember the thuds though on concrete, asphalt, and grass! 

I've ordered a real checklist for the C172R from my local aviation store... :cool:

But also, as others have said, the checklists are there in the manual.  

She's just perfect.    Sorry, won't be many more posts in this thread from me - too busy going back to this bird! .....put almost 3 hours on the meter so far, and I think she's only been out 5 hours.... that's pretty impressive! :lol:

I'm going to have to dust off my old 172 manual. It is for a G1000 172S, but it should still work!

Thank you - you feed into my point.

if it is so obvious then why leave us guessing?

Not sure. I cannot think of one developer who announces the price before release. For me, if I want an add-on, I will pay whatever price. As long as it is realistic. 

Jared Listinsky

Welllll... nothing is perfect.. but this comes as near as I hoped.

First thing I checked (after going through it on the ground as though I was buying a real one) was how naturally it would settle into a climb (it did).. that is a flaw in the best add-ons (transitions.. takeoff-climb-cruise-descent-approach-flare)..all EXCELLENT in this bird.

Steep-turns felt creepy realistic, too..

Best thing so far, is that you can finally manage mixture realistically.. Fuel flow, and engine sounds, and RPMs, and EGT.. all are spot on. Leaning by ear even gets you pretty darn close.. no more using the FSX fuel-flow bug to set mixture !! :)

All-around.. not much to complain about..

Another excellent A2A product !

Anyone tried it on grass/gravel strips?

I landed at Quintin lodge NZ and when I had stopped the plane, I could not get it to move again even with full throttle like it had been glued to the ground somehow. On other dirt strips I had to use alot of power to get it moving but not as bad as Quintin Lodge....

Anyone else epirienced the same? This can't be right or? On paved runways I have no problems...

Took a few short flights. Seems great, although I cannot seen pilot or passengers from external view. Went to the special pop up panel while engines were off and can see the weight changes with different choices. Just cannot actually see the people I "load".

. I must be doing something wrong. Overall I love this plane!

One more screenshot. I flew from KSEE to KRNM, then to KCRQ. After I reached KCRQ, I parked and tied down the 172. The afternoon sun was in the perfect spot and made for quite a neat shot (especially with the color correction/effects added in). Surprisingly, I only have 1.6 hours on it so far. I'll probably put another hour on this evening.

lby9dm6.jpg

Brandon Filer

On other dirt strips I had to use alot of power to get it moving

I have had this experience as well - crazy amounts of power to break free - there is a bit difference depending on the prop you use, but not enough to account for this I think - also, I have been losing the ability to interact with the VC after landing and shutting down the engine - I have had to resort to using the 2D control panel to get things shut off - not sure if it's related to my using the Instant Replay  before shutting the plane down - going to test it out...

W-O-W INCREDIBLE!!!

As others have said,It's the most realistic GA Aircraft in FSX/P3D,

I'm totally floored by the great experience that A2A has provided,BRAVO!!!!

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

Anyone tried it on grass/gravel strips?

I landed at Quintin lodge NZ and when I had stopped the plane, I could not get it to move again even with full throttle like it had been glued to the ground somehow. On other dirt strips I had to use alot of power to get it moving but not as bad as Quintin Lodge....

Anyone else epirienced the same? This can't be right or? On paved runways I have no problems...

There are different tires to equip for asphalt vs. gravel/dirt.

Did you use the right tires? :)

Dang have to wait another day to have funds for this. In the mean time could one of my flightsim brethren that bought this do me a favor and fly the 172 late in the afternoon and see if the sun looks normal when viewed out the front and sides of the vc. i.e. no shooting light beams like in the legacy. Thanks

145602081.jpg

Chris Strobel KSNA

original.jpg

Coupla things I noticed..

1). If you mouse over the passenger door handle, and click to open it - the pilot's door opens..

2). It can be a sod to start from cold, but it clears ok: mag drops are very realistic.

3). It works quite perfectly in DX10! Yes - the lights, too!

Filesize is 224MB.

I have no problem with the doors. If I click on the handle or open them from shift-3 panel, the correct door opens/closes. This has been noted on the A2A forums but no answer so far. She looks beautiful in DX10!!

Great shot, Brandon!

Looks amazingly real.

+1

This plane looks and sounds fantastic...but I'll have to wait to purchase due to cash flow constraints  :mad: .

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

There are different tires to equip for asphalt vs. gravel/dirt.

Did you use the right tires? :)

Tested with booth tire configs but it didn't make any difference. :mellow: Hope they can look into this in a patch, because it feels a bit unrealistic to have to use full throttle just to get the plane to move on the ground(and sometimes not moving at all(Quintin Lodge))