Sign in to follow this  
troppo1

new GEX vs FTX Global

I was considering FTX Global but have heard that it changes basic fsx files, doesnt come with an Uninstaller and some have said they have to re-install fsx to get back to normal if they didnt like it. So I started looking at the new GEX, I have both normal GEX and FTX PNW installed, havent updated anything for years.

I went over to a mates place and flew on his pc ( we have nearly identical setups: 8gb mem, 8800gts, 6600 dual core @ 4.2ghz) and I must say that it is extremely good.

Frame rates were great and the textures of the mountains were fantastic and very realistic. The summer textures that we flew in had a lot of houses and tree's and also a lot of color, A bit like autum I thought but really well done and totally different from anything I had seen on my own pc.

Also sliders were set differently, in my PNW I use Autogen on Normal and scenery Extremely Dense, but was told GEX has Autogen maxed out and scenery at Dense.

Frame rates were set at unlimited on his pc and he was getting 26 to 45 in the new Flight 1 B200. Thats better than my 16 to 25 on my pc with the same plane and there was a hell of a lot more eye candy to see.

Before I update GEX that I have ( which I will be doing as it's a free update ),  and buy some new area's:

Has anyone else got the new GEX and can verify that is it is as good as I what I have seen?

Has anyone got FTX global and what is it like, dont know anyone with it on a pc to try out.

thks

Will post back when I upgrade my GEX NA 

I was considering FTX Global but have heard that it changes basic fsx files, doesnt come with an Uninstaller and some have said they have to re-install fsx to get back to normal if they didnt like it.

Well, the uninstaller has been released but I would never need it, FTX Global stays on my system B)

FTXG does now have an UN-installer,

Its crisp clear and great even with the default land class, I think they're on the verge of releasing ver 1.1 (with the desert land class fixes ;) too )

And here's of whats actually been addressed in 1.1

We hope to release the V1.1 patch in about 2-3 days, perhaps Monday or Tuesday if all goes well. Here is a run-down of the major fixes:

Improved 3D lights that perform even better FPS and more denser Vector Lights

Increased 3D lights size by 40% for further view distance and greater brightness (eventually we will release a 3D lights tuning app V2)

Edited 3D lights annotation for many urban textures previously missing lighting

Added intersection vehicle red tail lights, red/green traffic lights, and neon lights in commercial areas

Edits to autogendescriptions.spb to add missing compatibility for some SCO Scotland objects and also missing veg at KWYS

New landclass for the USA SW region (see below) to eradicate the "green deserts" and also add in the indigenous red desert in that region

New landclass for parts of Africa where pine trees are being shown instead of native African trees

FTX Global Uninstaller (already released separately)

We are just working on the final LC edits then we will give the patch to testers and then release it.

Cheers Josh Cliff

Is it better than PNW or the same type of setup, do we just get PNW looking scenery over the whole world or is it different per region?

Is it better than PNW or the same type of setup, do we just get PNW looking scenery over the whole world or is it different per region?

Nope, FTX Global is just textures while the PNW region includes area spesific textures, accurate roads, rivers, lakes, coastlines, landclass and correct mesh and even some "photoreal areas".

The FTX Global textures looks just as good as the PNW textures but it won't include all the other stuff. Same goes with GEX, it's just textures, so to make GEX or FTX Global even close to a Orbx region you will have to enhance it with other addons, eg UTX or other landclass Products, mesh etc, but even then it won't be as detailed as a full fledged Orbx region..

I was considering FTX Global but have heard that it changes basic fsx files, doesnt come with an Uninstaller and some have said they have to re-install fsx to get back to normal if they didnt like it. So I started looking at the new GEX, I have both normal GEX and FTX PNW installed, havent updated anything for years.

I went over to a mates place and flew on his pc ( we have nearly identical setups: 8gb mem, 8800gts, 6600 dual core @ 4.2ghz) and I must say that it is extremely good.

Frame rates were great and the textures of the mountains were fantastic and very realistic. The summer textures that we flew in had a lot of houses and tree's and also a lot of color, A bit like autum I thought but really well done and totally different from anything I had seen on my own pc.

Also sliders were set differently, in my PNW I use Autogen on Normal and scenery Extremely Dense, but was told GEX has Autogen maxed out and scenery at Dense.

Frame rates were set at unlimited on his pc and he was getting 26 to 45 in the new Flight 1 B200. Thats better than my 16 to 25 on my pc with the same plane and there was a hell of a lot more eye candy to see.

Before I update GEX that I have ( which I will be doing as it's a free update ),  and buy some new area's:

Has anyone else got the new GEX and can verify that is it is as good as I what I have seen?

Has anyone got FTX global and what is it like, dont know anyone with it on a pc to try out.

thks

Will post back when I upgrade my GEX NA 

do you have a link to the upgrades? I dont see them

ZORAN

""do you have a link to the upgrades? I dont see them"",

The new GEX is on the flight 1 store , download the wrapper and you use the key from your original GEX purchase to reinstall after uninstalling the old GEX.Thats a free upgrade.

Working on it now.

FTXG does now have an UN-installer,

Here it is; http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/63761-ftx-global-uninstaller/

...unless I was mistaking your intent with that remark...?

As far as GEX vs FTXG goes, I'm done trying to convince people either way. All I want to say is; I had GEX, I now have FTXG, and as Kaboki says, " FTX Global stays on my system" until GEX or someone else come up with something better...

Ryzen 9 5900X || Gigabyte RTX 4090 Windforce 24G || G.Skill TridentZ 32GB@3600CL16 || Asus ROG Strix Gaming-E X570
XPG SX8200 Pro 2TB M.2 NVMe || Corsair iCUE H115i PRO XT || Phanteks Eclipse P500A D-RGB || Phanteks Revolt Pro 1000W
Gigabyte 43'' FV43U 4k@144hz || X55 Rhino || G27 || Oculus Quest 2 || Turtle Beach Velocity One

thanks for the heads up, I will try GEX first as it is all ready on my system and a free update, from what I have seen it is fantastic and am about to try it on my pc to see for myself. uninstall and the new install was all automatic and easy, it does it all for you. Now to defrag, clean up and fly.

First impressions are Wow, the textures on the mountains, the amount of buildings and the clarity of the textures are just what I saw on my mates pc. No real popping in of textures and so much more to see.

All this time on Normal autogen has really cut out a lot of buildings and tree's, now it's totally different.

I did the same flights that I do with Bluesky fotoreal and usually when leaving BS and going over to Default scenery I would leave the area and go back to Bluesky.

Now the diff between default with REX GEX UTX and default with the new GEX is amazing. Framerates are better then what I had even with the B200, maybe now I can put the MDF on the 3rd screen and still fly?

They have really done a great job, it looks like landclass or mesh is also enhanced, even tho I am still running FSGenisis mesh and no changes are made in GEX that I know of?, it looks like the mountains are higher and the valleys are lower.

But the big diff is the color, now it's not just green everywhere or just bland in default. the colors are great, tree's are totally different in color and different regions have different coloring depending on the landscape.

For a free upgrade, this is just tops, I am no longer stuck flying in PNW or BlueSky area's, now all the default area has come alive.

Time to check out my normal area's with PNW turned off, and see what the diff is compared to the huge difference between Default with old GEX and Default with New GEX with PNW on and off.

Highly recomended with Autogen on Max , hell just highly recomended, if their other scenery's are like this with this much eye candy at these frame rates, I am going to buy europe and go around the Alps and places like Innusbrug to check out the mountains and valleys  there.

Not being a city boy I havent tried big airports yets, love the B200 in the bush with fast times between takeoff and landings.

They have really done a great job, it looks like landclass or mesh is also enhanced, even tho I am still running FSGenisis mesh and no changes are made in GEX that I know of?, it looks like the mountains are higher and the valleys are lower.

But the big diff is the color, now it's not just green everywhere or just bland in default. the colors are great, tree's are totally different in color and different regions have different coloring depending on the landscape.

For a free upgrade, this is just tops, I am no longer stuck flying in PNW or BlueSky area's, now all the default area has come alive.

Time to check out my normal area's with PNW turned off, and see what the diff is compared to the huge difference between Default with old GEX and Default with New GEX with PNW on and off.

Highly recomended with Autogen on Max , hell just highly recomended, if their other scenery's are like this with this much eye candy at these frame rates, I am going to buy europe and go around the Alps and places like Innusbrug to check out the mountains and valleys  there.

Not being a city boy I havent tried big airports yets, love the B200 in the bush with fast times between takeoff and landings.

Why does your post sound like an advertisement  ?  Is that you Nick ? :lol: :lol:

Also, you won't have the latest version. You stated you only have GEX NA, but you need

Installation of any ONE of these three GEX regions:

GEX Africa and the Middle East - v1.20

GEX Atlantic and Pacific Tropics - v1.10

GEX Asia and South America - v1.0

....will automatically upgrade GEX North America from v1.096 to v1.099.

So your current version is 1.096, not the latest.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

tanks!

To update GEX correctly,follow this link http://www.simforums.com/Forums/gex-all-region-updates-official-release_topic44495.html

To update to ver 099 for NA, you must have

Installation of any ONE of these three GEX regions:

GEX Africa and the Middle East - v1.20

GEX Atlantic and Pacific Tropics - v1.10

GEX Asia and South America - v1.0

....will automatically upgrade GEX North America from v1.096 to v1.099.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Well I just purchased the middle east/africa combo and received the auto upgrade for Europe and USA

what can I say, Im gob smacked at the performance and Dubai? just wow!  I flew into dubai this morning and flew in again with GEX lol what a difference that makes.

Doing low passes over Dubai in the pmdg 737 banking hard with full power and FPS trying to break through 30 locked and spikes to 40

ALL SLIDERS 100% I52500K oc4.4ghz and gtx560ti

ps I also own all of ORBX regions but not Africa and middle east and there is no east coast USA

ZORAN

Yeah...there's something fishy about all these "Oh, I don't know anything about GEX or FTX or anything and oh, look...pretty everywhere!!"-types of first time posters :huh:

That being said, its a bit harsh judging everyone a secret GEX-agent just because they like what GEX does. TS still have the benefit of the doubt as far as I am concerned :smile:

Ryzen 9 5900X || Gigabyte RTX 4090 Windforce 24G || G.Skill TridentZ 32GB@3600CL16 || Asus ROG Strix Gaming-E X570
XPG SX8200 Pro 2TB M.2 NVMe || Corsair iCUE H115i PRO XT || Phanteks Eclipse P500A D-RGB || Phanteks Revolt Pro 1000W
Gigabyte 43'' FV43U 4k@144hz || X55 Rhino || G27 || Oculus Quest 2 || Turtle Beach Velocity One