Sign in to follow this  
troppo1

new GEX vs FTX Global

Well, your entusiasm sure triggers my intrest, could you put up a few screenshots from mountainous areas like the alpes?

Have been looking at screenshot at the official site, but the quality of those screens isn't very good and don't convince me. So I would like to see how it looks out in the wild on other peoples system... :rolleyes:

Then I can post some screens from FTX Global in the same area and we can then have a real comparison

actually FTXG performs much better then GEX, and it looks far better. No need for screenshots, there's really no comparison between them.

I mean it would be cruel for gex...  :P

actually FTXG performs much better then GEX, and it looks far better. No need for screenshots, there's really no comparison between them.

I mean it would be cruel for gex...

I know, just wanted to get troppo1(Nick?) down to earth a little, and actually understand that FTX Global is a far better product :P(And cheaper)

Now I want Flight 1 to swallow their pride and actually realize that they have lost against Orbx on texture products, and start thinking out of the box.

They have a big oppertunety to actually make some money on FTX Global by starting to expand their UTX products to cover the rest of the world as UTX is a great product to combine with FTX Global. I would like to see UTX for Asia, Africa and South America, that would make FTX Global really shine in those areas..

Agree. And they should fix their own installers and try to make something good before they speak about other products, most of their installers will overwrite FSUIPC and FSX will CTD - which is disaster for average FSX user about who they care so much in the last time... :rolleyes:  That's really annoying for me

I was going to look at FTX but reports of trees in the runway put me off.  Seemed to be happening quite often.

Ian R Tyldesley

when you see nick on here then you can take him down a notch or 2. in the mean time check out this screenshot:

http://troppo1.mine.nu/

I'll do :P

Wow, what a setup, that is an insane amount of old monitors and computers :lol: Doesn't the electricety bill get very high?

and that was in 2002, now, my name is not nick and I take offence to be called a liar or whatever you were insinuating. Now that my credentials have been established maybe we can go fwd?

I was going to look at FTX but reports of trees in the runway put me off.  Seemed to be happening quite often.

Is it FTX Global that causes it or is it the same in default? Remember that FTX Global replaces textures but still uses default landclass to know where to put them...(unless you have other lanclass addons)

and that was in 2002, now, my name is not nick and I take offence to be called a liar or whatever you were insinuating. Now that my creditions have been established maybe we can go fwd?

No offence and sorry for insinuating something, but I was a little suspicious because you just joined yesterday and the first post you made came out as a very well hidden aproach to bash FTX Global and praising GEX.(with the same arguments that Nick used)

Still haven't seen the screenshots I asked for B) A good "this versus that" thread should at least have some comparisons, don't you think?

It seems like you are intrested in getting the best of FSX, but at the same time you dismiss that FTX Global may be a better product(it is) and bring up the old complaints, people that have the product actually don't care about them because it's such a good product and it's no need to uninstall it(allthough now you can).

Go to the Orbx forum, look the the screenshoots and then look at the screenshoots at flight1, screenshoots don't lie(people do).

appology accepted.

It is 21,05 here in holland and I have just had a warning from the misses that I have only been downstairs for 10min to eat and then I go back up to my flightsim room every day since I put GEX in, and if I want sex again in the future I had better get off the pc and back into life.

So I am in the living room next to the misses watching tv playing on my laptop, tomorrow I will boot up the sim again and try and make some screenshots to post.

Kaboki, do you have shares in Orbx or some financial interest in pushing it so hard?

Kaboki, do you have shares in Orbx or some financial interest in pushing it so hard?

Yes, Im a secret agent hired by Orbx to promote their product in a well hidden way, you got me :ph34r: (who is insinuating now :P )

No, just kidding, Im just a ordinary fanboi :P (but only because Orbx makes excellent products)

Looking forward to your screenshoots.

I have never, in this post or anywhere else, dismissed Global, I happen to have tried every product that Orbx has ever bought out, but I only ever bought a few. Hence my long interest in Global and hesitation in buying it before I was certain it was worth it. I had a copy to try but since my mate wouldnt install it niether did I. Gex on the other hand was not a copy but a bought product and because I have had it in my sim since it first came out, trusted, Because I was watching Global I didnt realize GEX was a free update until told by my mate and I drove up to check it out before buying it( updating and buying the next after updateing). apart from that no ulterior? motives here. You? 

apart from that no ulterior? motives here. You?

You mean other than trying to convince you to switch to FTXGglobal, no, no motives here :lol:

(Sorry, im bored and while waiting for any solutions to the friction problem for the A2A 172, Im here to bug you a little, I can be a little bugger sometimes, take what I say with a grain of salt and don't get too offended)

Is it FTX Global that causes it or is it the same in default? Remember that FTX Global replaces textures but still uses default landclass to know where to put them...(unless you have other lanclass addons)

Not sure, it was all over the Orbx forums.  I registered because i was thinking about buying and wanted to know the issues present.  There was mention that deserts appeared to be green and far more seriously trees appearing in runways.

Ian R Tyldesley

All global has given us is choice and that is really it for our texture replacement needs. before there was no choice and now there is and people have to make up their own minds on what to buy and use.

I own GEX Europe and Global and when it comes down to it i have choosen to use Global as it has more features that have won me over and i can make my whole sim planet look a lot nicer for less $$$ which means i can buy more airports and aircraft for my sim :)

I wish both companys the best of luck as competition can benifit us simmers the most :)

-Paul-