Sign in to follow this  
goodgg

PMDG 777 work in P3D ?

I know PMDG has stated that the 777 is for FSX only, but the 737NGX does work with P3d.

Early days but can anyone confirm if 777 works in P3D.

Thanks

I tried it - it pops up a 'Sorry for the inconvenience' message and won't run. It shuts down P3D too! Same in Legacy mode. Pretty much kills P3D for me, now. Too many idle addons - going back to FSX :'-( That's progress, apparently...

Thanks for the info Bluenose. Very disappointing to hear, I have both FSX and P3D, but have not run FSX since installing P3D.

P3D runs smooth and trouble free for me. I hope at some stage that PMDG get on board with P3D (V2 at least ?) it would be good revenue and future income for PMDG, I want to buy and support their products, so back to the NGX for me. Im sure in the future all PMDG products will be compatable with P3D, might take 1-2 years, but pretty confident that it will happen.

Guess Ill be spending some time uninstalling & reinstalling tonight.  Very unfortunate indeed.  Hopefully the parties can kiss and establish some sort of a workable relationship particularly when P3D v2 is released.

Ryan Kelly

what happen,s if P2d v2 is so good that the majority of fsx user just migrate to the new version these people will lose there markets and future sales a bit short sighted in my view ,

peter

I want to buy and support their products, so back to the NGX for me.

If the NGX currently works in P3D then I would assume any future updates to NGX will break that.

Is anyone aware of a way to fool the 777 into thinking its being run under FSX?

How does the PMDG 777 check that it is running under P3D? Executable name / path or something more advanced, hopefully there is a way to work around this.

Absolute madness from the PMDG guys, I cannot understand what they are playing at.

I tried it - it pops up a 'Sorry for the inconvenience' message and won't run. It shuts down P3D too! Same in Legacy mode. Pretty much kills P3D for me, now. Too many idle addons - going back to FSX :'-( That's progress, apparently...

Did you install it using the FSX to Prepar3D Migration Tool?

Chris Ibbotson

800driver.jpg

Chris Ibbotson

How does the PMDG 777 check that it is running under P3D? Executable name / path or something more advanced, hopefully there is a way to work around this.

Absolute madness from the PMDG guys, I cannot understand what they are playing at.

Did you install it using the FSX to Prepar3D Migration Tool?

Chris Ibbotson

It categorically does not work in P3D. I installed using the MT and when you try loading up the T7 it 'looks' deep into the application to see if it's FSX or P3D - so changing the executable doesn't fool it either.

PMDG have repeatedly stated that they are not going to support P3D in there 'home product' range.  It's not about "falling out" with LM, it's due to the licensing that comes with P3D.

The fact the NGX worked was a happy coincidence, i would guess they have something in the 777 checking for the Flight Sim version.

Ian R Tyldesley

It's not a matter of not supporting, which sounds perfectly acceptable to me.

We're talking about spending time and effort on purpose tweaking the code of the 777 and making it not running under P3D.

I will tweak my credit card as well and make it never working again vs. PMDG products.

It categorically does not work in P3D. I installed using the MT and when you try loading up the T7 it 'looks' deep into the application to see if it's FSX or P3D - so changing the executable doesn't fool it either.

There must be a fairly simple way to spoof the version of the flight sim, or disable the piece of code in the 777 that does the check.

I would be really interested to know exactly what the 777 is checking to determine the flight sim version. This information would provide us with a solution to be able to fly the 777 under P3D rather than waste time on FSX for the politically motivated reasons of PMDG.

If the NGX currently works in P3D then I would assume any future updates to NGX will break that.

Smart man.

There must be a fairly simple way to spoof the version of the flight sim, or disable the piece of code in the 777 that does the check.

I would be really interested to know exactly what the 777 is checking to determine the flight sim version. This information would provide us with a solution to be able to fly the 777 under P3D rather than waste time on FSX for the politically motivated reasons of PMDG.

Not only are you implying that it is acceptable to spoof (read cracking) a piece of software from PMDG that is CLEARLY not intended to be use in P3D but you are also involving Avsim by using their forums in the mixed, what's the next step, publishing a hack here?

Should we ask if you got a P3D license under false pretense also?

It's not a matter of not supporting, which sounds perfectly acceptable to me.

We're talking about spending time and effort on purpose tweaking the code of the 777 and making it not running under P3D.

I will tweak my credit card as well and make it never working again vs. PMDG products.

Read some of the post above and you may understand why PMDG is tweaking their software, what is it that peoples do not understand in "Not for use in P3D"?

+1 Tweaking your credit card is the acceptable way to go if you want to make a stand.