Sign in to follow this  
goodgg

PMDG 777 work in P3D ?

I will tweak my credit card as well and make it never working again vs. PMDG products.

Fight the power...

Maybe the Captain Sim 777 works in P3D

It's not actually PMDG's fault, It's the licensing that comes with P3D, if you want a change, perhaps you should be focusing on getting the terms of LM's licensing changed?

Ian R Tyldesley

Smart man.

Not only are you implying that it is acceptable to spoof (read pirate) a piece of software from PMDG that is CLEARLY not intended to be use in P3D but you are also involving Avsim by using their forums in the mixed, what's the next step, publishing a hack here?

Should we ask if you got a P3D license under false pretense also?

Read some of the post above and you may understand why PMDG is tweaking their software, what is it that peoples do not understand in "Not for use in P3D"?

+1 Tweaking your credit card is the way and the acceptable way to go if you want to make a stand.

Absolutely nothing to do with pirating the software.

I am talking about purchasing the software legally, at no point have I mentioned cracking the software. The same as if I decided to run prepar3d under Linux using wine.

Don't put words in my mouth.

I am talking about purchasing the software legally, at no point have I mentioned cracking the software. The same as if I decided to run prepar3d under Linux using wine.

While it may be possible to run P3D under WINE (it's not possible to run FSX under WINE, i have tried), I doubt that you would be able to get the various add-ons working.

I believe that Alan was actually referring to modifying your software in order to get it working, that would breach the license terms you agreed with PMDG when purchasing the product. 

Ian R Tyldesley

Not wise to take the topic down this road guys, here on Pravda. It will only end in tears.

what is it that peoples do not understand in "Not for use in P3D"?

Not supporting a product is one thing, but I would argue their efforts border on vindictiveness.

A department store wouldn't give me any support for stretching a pair of underpants purchased there by wearing them over my head. Fair enough and I wouldn't expect them to, but what I do in the privacy of my own home is my business, not theirs nor PMDG's.

Anyway, as I said - it's back to FSX for me. Back to 2006. Hurrah...

Well yes this just worrying, I hope this does not start a trend of publishers purposely breaking products on P3D.

I am neither able to hack this product to get it working on p3d or have the inclination to do it. The discussion was around how they detect that their product runs under prepar3d, not around any plans to hack it.

Shame that such a high quality product has these restrictions.

If X-Plane is the future for flight sims then flight sims have no future, absolutely awful product.

Not wise to take the topic down this road guys, here on Pravda. It will only end in tears.

Not supporting a product is one thing, but I would argue their efforts border on vindictiveness.

A department store wouldn't give me any support for stretching a pair of underpants purchased there by wearing them over my head. Fair enough and I wouldn't expect them to, but what I do in the privacy of my own home is my business, not theirs nor PMDG's.

Anyway, as I said - it's back to FSX for me. Back to 2006. Hurrah...

Corrected, read cracking...   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_hacking

Well yes this just worrying, I hope this does not start a trend of publishers purposely breaking products on P3D.

I am neither able to hack this product to get it working on p3d or have the inclination to do it. The discussion was around how they detect that their product runs under prepar3d, not around any plans to hack it.

Shame that such a high quality product has these restrictions.

(...)

The PMDG T7 works exactly as per their EULA. It's exactly what you paid for.

What happens if P3D suddenly decide that products intended for home use (or not specifically licensed) for P3D cannot work in it?

Believe me, i would go over to P3D tomorrow, but the license and the whole under the counter approach could very well leave you high 'n' dry

Ian R Tyldesley

Software cracking for purposes of pirating the software.

If you don't know what software piracy is then please check here http://bit.ly/15toAtt

Read the link I posted,

Quote"

Software cracking

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Software cracking is the modification of software to remove or disable features which are considered undesirable by the person cracking the software, usually related to protection methods: (copy protection, protection against the manipulation of software), trial/demo version, serial number, hardware key, date checks, CD check or software annoyances like nag screens and adware.

The distribution and use of cracked copies is illegal in most countries.[citation needed] There have been lawsuits over cracking software.[1] "end of quote.

Where is the word "pirating"?

My statement stand.

Here we are in the last few months of 2013, seems like its 2 steps forward and one step back with our flight sim products. I ran a Flight sim club back in 2006-2008 at a major aviation university, FS9 was the way to go back then and we figured in the next 4-6 years FS would be light years ahead. Well here we are still using the same sims and inefficiently coded software. Our Hardware has made leaps and bounds, but here we are. I cant see my self going out buying a copy of FSX and tweaking that back up to spec and buying the PMDG 777. Does anyone know if CAE is or was going to make a civilian flight sim for the masses, I heard that one a few years ago.