Sign in to follow this  
skwaL

FPS. What FPS do you get?

Well Alex, of course PMDG (as usual) will find the solution for all, and will come out SP1 etc etc...

The mouse problem is strange, that is the first time it occurs in my simulator (even not with the NGX it occurred).

But after 2 days of test, I can confirm that on ground, on taxi, on takeoff, on climbing, approach, landing, and taxi to gate, mouse drops down my framerate (-12 fps!!).

And I'm also sure, that PMDG with the first SP release will introduce a performance manager and will make the mouse pointer less heavy, and ininfluent as the NGX.

Cheers

I'm not a cheerleader, but for the complexity and detail of the 777 it runs very efficient in comparison with other addon aircraft. Obviously the usual big airport suspects you will see a considerable drop in FPS. This is usual for me and every addon aircraft and scenery, you all know the sceneries I'm referring to...the ultra realistic kind. Anyway for those thinking of purchasing, you will not be surprised by the performance and if configured right, you won't have to upgrade your computer because of the 777.

Cheers,

Todd

ATP MEL

Commercial SEL

B-747, BE-300, BE-400, DHC8, ERJ 170/190, MU-300

C-17A Globemaster III

Generally, in the air I get some pretty good frames (mid 30s to 50s). 20s on the ground. What kills me is the d**n mouse cursor. I somehow manage to lose 15-20 FPS with it visible, ugh.

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

Generally, in the air I get some pretty good frames (mid 30s to 50s). 20s on the ground. What kills me is the d**n mouse cursor. I somehow manage to lose 15-20 FPS with it visible, ugh.

This is the real problem, to my mind, I've the same situation too. Ok it's a FSX limitation but in the NGX it doesn't occur.  I loose 12 fps, there are too much!

But as always I'm sure that PMDG will fix this annoying cursor problem!

This is the real problem, to my mind, I've the same situation too. Ok it's a FSX limitation but in the NGX it doesn't occur. I loose 12 fps, there are too much!

It's an FSX-ism, you can try to minimize it or use a 2d panel but it'll never truly be gone.

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

This is the real problem, to my mind, I've the same situation too. Ok it's a FSX limitation but in the NGX it doesn't occur.  I loose 12 fps, there are too much!

I have this issue with the NGX also....so it´s a FSX bug that is more likely to be visible when your pc has trouble running the simulation. You don´t notice it with the NGX because you have higher frames with it, so the impact is not noticable, but it is there....believe me.

I have my mouse pointer always down on the taskbar so that it is not in the VC when I don´t need it....it has become second nature to me so far that I do this even on aircraft that don´t need it.

Regarding said YouTube link. I have used FSX Booster and Bojote's tweaking tool in the past. I finally ditched both of them and simplified my approach to my config file. After erasing and allowing FSX to build a fresh one, I made the following alterations:

[DISPLAY]

WideViewAspect=True

[GRAPHICS]

HIGHMEMFIX=1

[JOBSCHEDULER]

AffinityMask=14

I'm not seeing the jaw dropping performance boost claimed in the video but I'm very pleased, nonetheless.

I then tweaked my NVIDIA inspector's settings (slightly modified) per Word Not Allowed's suggestions. I opted not to employ the BUFFERPOOLS tweak. With airport and road traffic set to off and my airline traffic at 55% (using Traffic 360), My FPS never drops below around 22 FPS, even at FlyTampa's KMDW in my NGX, and shoots well past 40 in all of my PMDG aircraft when away from a busy airport, even flying low and slow over an urban area. Feel free to critique or add to this but this seems to have worked for me. Regards

Part of the fun of flying an airliner is seeing lots of AI traffic at the airports that you visit. Where is the fun in landing at a version of EGLL Heathrow that is completely empty??

I have autogen and ai turned off completely. My frames are ranging

on ground at 3rd party airports from 18 to 21. With the Majestic Dash8 I'm getting 30!

David

I have this issue with the NGX also....so it´s a FSX bug that is more likely to be visible when your pc has trouble running the simulation. You don´t notice it with the NGX because you have higher frames with it, so the impact is not noticable, but it is there....believe me.

I have my mouse pointer always down on the taskbar so that it is not in the VC when I don´t need it....it has become second nature to me so far that I do this even on aircraft that don´t need it.

Well, i've never noted in the NGX but I believe in you  :lol:

So that will be PMDG with its fixes to minimize this annoying problem as they've made with NGX

I'll exercise to put mouse outside the window when i don't need it!

Thanks for your replay

You need to stay away from that fps counter or you will be banging your head on your keyboard every day.

The NGX is heavy on my system but frame rate is good enough using FSDT sceneries and default airport is just great.

One thing for sure without measuring my fps, the B777 is better than the NGX from my system performance standpoint.

During take off roll using VC left seat view capturing the PFD and ND section area, you can see the smoothness of the centerline runway marker as the T7 picks up speed. If both aircraft are getting 19 to 25 fps, that is good enough for me with all my setup stuff maxed out with 10% AI.

Be advised, when on a final approach using any FSDreamteam airport specially Vancouver, do not use spot display to see how the 777 look like on final. Your system will stop responding or hung.......don't no why.

Keep your view inside the VC until you exit the runway.

System: Window7 64bit i7 using Radeon 7800 series

FSX on Window Mode

Kin M.

(Klax)

Regarding said YouTube link. I have used FSX Booster and Bojote's tweaking tool in the past. I finally ditched both of them and simplified my approach to my config file. After erasing and allowing FSX to build a fresh one, I made the following alterations:

[DISPLAY]

WideViewAspect=True

[GRAPHICS]

HIGHMEMFIX=1

[JOBSCHEDULER]

AffinityMask=14

I'm not seeing the jaw dropping performance boost claimed in the video but I'm very pleased, nonetheless.

I then tweaked my NVIDIA inspector's settings (slightly modified) per Word Not Allowed's suggestions. I opted not to employ the BUFFERPOOLS tweak. With airport and road traffic set to off and my airline traffic at 55% (using Traffic 360), My FPS never drops below around 22 FPS, even at FlyTampa's KMDW in my NGX, and shoots well past 40 in all of my PMDG aircraft when away from a busy airport, even flying low and slow over an urban area. Feel free to critique or add to this but this seems to have worked for me. Regards

What are your sliders set at?

I get low 20's in the air, and teens on the ground. I think we have comparable systems and I'm just not seeing 40's with anything.  :blink:

mouse cursor? I never have that problem any one mind explaining>? 

This is actually not just an FSX problem, it happens in other programs as well. Essentially what happens is when the cursor is active your frame rate performance will drop, usually about 4fps, in some cases higher. Once it's inactive and hidden the frames will go back up. Many aircraft has this problem. some worse then others. The worse one I've seen so far is the IFLY 737, That one drops 7fps on my system.

Tom Cain

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

All good for me now, re frame rate.

Have defragged.

Also set the ND PFD displays to 15. That was what did it.

Now getting minimum 33 and max 45 on the ground at EGKK with REX weather. And right up to my frame rate lock of 50 in the cruise. Occasionally drops to high 30's.

Haven't checked yet but I think it's better than the NGX to a degree.

You need to stay away from that fps counter or you will be banging your head on your keyboard every day.

Kin M.

(Klax)

No, don't stay away from the frame rate counter...

It was by monitoring the frame rate and comparing to the NGX that we were able to determine that it was the ND and PFD refresh rates that was causing the slow down.

I get good frames, between 30 - 35 in Dubai, although i do have a i7 4770K @ 4.4Ghz and a GTX 780.