Sign in to follow this  
neas1982

Throttle problem

Yes, I believe it does.

But all the other FSUIPC things like buttons and other axisssssssss still function even though controllers is enabled.  I'm not really sure, but does it even matter?  The controls are so smooth in the 777 you don't even really need to use FSUIPC for smoothing etc.  

But all the other FSUIPC things like buttons and other axisssssssss still function even though controllers is enabled. I'm not really sure, but does it even matter? The controls are so smooth in the 777 you don't even really need to use FSUIPC for smoothing etc.

I think the need for FSUIPC may be specific to the Warthog. In any event, I just got it to work by reseting all of the axes in FSUIPC. I also switched from "Aileron Set", "Elevator Set", "Rudder Set" and "Throttle 1+2 Set" to "Axis Aileron Set", "Axis Elevator Set" and so on.

Now, it's all working. If you ever find you need whatever it is that FSUIPC does, give that a try.

"Axis Aileron Set"

Ahhhh I'll give that a shot and see if I can keep my controllers disabled in FSX.  

For me it only works if I set both engine on same axis. As soon as I try to have separate control for each engine it ######s up, no matter if I use FSX or FSUIPC

For me it only works if I set both engine on same axis. As soon as I try to have separate control for each engine it ######s up, no matter if I use FSX or FSUIPC

Now this is interesting....I think from reading the intro document the fly by wire system on the 777 autosync's the throttles anyway.  The only problem with this method is if you have an engine failure and need to retard just one throttle.

I am having all kinds of problems with the FSX setup.  I keep getting throttle run up on the ground or they go so low that I get an engine failure.  What are you guys using for the sensitivity and null zones?

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

The reason I've been using FUSIPC for throttles is for the reversers (I have the CH Quadrant). For now, I've disabled it and have to use F2, but I'm hoping maybe Pete Dowson can figure out why it doesn't work directly with the 777 and fix it.

Pete Dowson can figure out why it doesn't work directly with the 777 and fix it.

Why does it work with every other aircraft? Seems a PMDG deal more than FSUIPC.

Sure, but PMDG probably isn't going to fix it, since they've already identified the issue and given a workaround.

Sure, but PMDG probably isn't going to fix it, since they've already identified the issue and given a workaround.

And what does Pete have to say?

Why does it work with every other aircraft? Seems a PMDG deal more than FSUIPC.

I also had big issues with the Airbus X. Only when I saw someone suggesting using LUA-script in FSUIPC did I get the throttles to work.

I am probably missing something but how are you guys that are setting up the throttles as FSX throttles and then the rest FSUIPC, going to deal with other airplanes where the throttles are controlled via FSUIPC? Won't there be a conflict unless you delete the thottle assignemnt in FSX?

I have FSUIPC set up with different profiles for so many different airplanes that I couldn't imagine flying without it. I would probably ditch PMDG 777 if I can't get the rest to work. I tried deleting the FSUIPC ini-file and created a profile for the 777 but didn't help. I also tried assigning the throttles in FSUIPC but using "send to FS as normal axis" but that didn't help. Ended up with a tailstrike since the engines went into reverse just before I rotated and funny red boxes all over the engine gauges! :D

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------

So its the developer. I just read his thread. Using his advice, I disable/unchecked Exclude THROTTLEn_SET in the throttle calibration page and seems to be working, SO far. I have assigned to send to FS as normal axis. havnt had a chance to test alot.

The autothrottle seems to be very sensitive. I always have to switch off A/T ARM to be able to use manual thrust (PFC-throttle). If I don´t do this the levers are jumping up and down.

I think that according to the tutorial it should be possible to use manual thrust with A/T ARM on.

Rudy Knott

Just assign a button for a/t disco on your joystick or throttle, and one for ap disco.  The a/t switches always remain on.