Sign in to follow this  
VH_JLC

777 crashes FSX ?

When you change time from one time of day to another, obviously a different texture set loads for the scenery -- this is what often causes long pauses in the Free Flight screen.  Try waiting for a bit (not hours) and then hitting the Fly Now! button.

Similarly, if you leave a high-res aircraft rotating in the Free Flight screen for a long time (or even the Ultralight, cf. manual......), you can often see it go grey/lose its textures.

I suspect this is mainly just a memory/caching/disk-thrashing issue.  Exit FSX, defrag, shut down/restart, start up, choose just ONE plane (and if you have a lot installed.... choose publisher PMDG first before choosing plane), don't change the time and then hit Fly Now! and see if there's a difference.

Also experiment even with not having the "show all liveries" ticked on, even that will save memory on startup -- you won't see the extra 777 liveries but it's another useful memory test, easier than uninstalling and reinstalling sixty times.

Appreciate your comments.

However, I am aware of and do experience delays (not long) before the 'Fly Now' button becomes operational but in this case there are no delays of any note the system simply displays a fatal error message, automatically shuts FSX down and restarts it.

there is no disk thrashing or OOM errors and in fact when I follow FSX load on 'Task Manager' it rarely reaches 1.3gb before going pear shaped so it is not a memory error. it should be noted that the NGX will load around 1.7gb before completing the load.

I have removed additional liveries with no effect.

What is really interesting as I said before is that without the T7 loaded the NGX is flawless. With it loaded the NGX, A320 and other addon aircraft are useless due to fatal errors on loading.

I will do some more tests including your other suggestions but frankly am running out of ideas.

One thing I will not do is demolish my FSX base and start from scratch. the process was fine without the T7 so it must be something in it that is causing me grief.

This is very frustrating as I have the NGX and J41 for FSX and have a history with PMDG during the reign of FS9 and this is the first time I have encountered a show stopper. I am confident they will be able to help.

I wish I had more to offer. This is a job for PMDG.

In the meanwhile, see if there's any way of disabling the included RAAS without going thru the FMC? Maybe in Operations Center? If memory serves, I've seen others mentioning that as a possible factor in crashes upon load. Not blaming RAAS, works fine here, but worth trying to disable to help isolate potential sources of a problem.

I completed a full flight VHHH-YPPH step climbs and all..

I loaded the default cessna 172 in the FSX start up screen, And once I was on the tarmac I than switched to the 777.

I stayed in windowed mode and yeah had a successful flight with PFPX and FSpax?? 

This weekend I'll test more scenario's 

Cheers Josh Cliff

In short, no it doesn't. I've been trying all day to get it to crash (CTD) and it won't. I'm very impressed.

Memory usage (VAS) is currently sat at 2.6 Gb. Not bad for running 12 hours with me doing all kinds of weird things.

I'm going to leave it slewing around the world overnight - should easily do several orbits by the morning. If it is still running then I'll be ecstatic.

FYI: no snake-oil tweaks for me, and no overclock, yet I'm still getting a solid 35-40 FPS with ActiveSky and various add-on airports running after nearly 12 hours of screwing around. I even left it running in the background for a while whilst I did some work. Still running. I've done several short flights/circuits, using the FMC etc.. and it is still running very nicely.

EDIT: it is now slewing at 2000 kts at 40000 ft, heading 270 °M from LIMZ, to try and get it overflying dense scenery. Back in 12 hours!

Best regards,

Robin.

I have a problem with fsx crashing on final into ybbn.

has happened two times at around the same spot

around 900Ra on final. the sim froze for around 30 secs and then a ctd.

both times following a clean reboot of the computer.

too early to see if it crashes coming into other airports yet.

I have only had time to try 2 flights on 2 sep nights.

was a small route from yssy to ybbn both times.

I have orbx scenery in aust and orbx ybbn

I think I will try the tutorial flight and a non aust field to see what gives.

thought it might be worth adding my issue in case there are common things going on.

Steve

keep in mind, that many times when you get crash on approach that is scenery fault, if more specific - some navaids and FMS disagreement. Had same problem with MD-11 long ago. Fix for me was corrected AFCAD files for particular scenery... 

Not saying this is the case for you, but might be worth to investigate. Try to remove (or add) add-on scenery, where you get crash on approach. 

I completed a full flight VHHH-YPPH step climbs and all..

I loaded the default cessna 172 in the FSX start up screen, And once I was on the tarmac I than switched to the 777.

I stayed in windowed mode and yeah had a successful flight with PFPX and FSpax?? 

This weekend I'll test more scenario's 

Did You load the default Cessna 172 also when You first encountered the crash?

I am just asking because p.29 of the 777 introduction manual states that it is not recommended to first load any other plane than the 777 if flying the 777 afterwards.

Not saying that there may not be another issue causing the crash You experienced on Your sim, but just in case.

Ironically all seemed to have worked nicely when You used the "default C172-first-method", but maybe this was just an exception then and it will crash again next time ...

So: Just an idea, no more, but thought it worth mentioning.

Cheers, Christoph

And a reminder to have FSX start up in as vanilla a condition as possible: simple, default FSX aircraft with no big changes in its settings, at an airport that is light on memory.

Start that up, save as default flight, reboot PC, so FSX is in as clean a state on the Fly Now! screen as possible.

I have tried a few flights now outside of australia and fsx hasnt crashed on me. I suspect some issues with aust scenery (perhaps orbx?) havent managed to eliminate anything yet though.

did the tutorial flight to dubai to collect a load of sand  and all was well with that also.

except

I have another problem too which is likely operator error.

I cant get autoland to work. captures the glide slope and localiser and it  all looks well but at about 1000ft, it comes up with no autoland on the pfd instead of the land3

thus far, I disconnect the autothrottles and it settles on runway.

chasing the fsx crashing issue on me also, I havent managed to figure that one out either.

any gotchas there? I thought I read the manual but cant see what I may have missed.

Steve

28 hours later, VAS 2.8 Gb, Perf still as good as when I started, and I'm extremely happy!!!!! :lol:

I disabled all the eye candy (AutoGen, AI, Bloom, etc..) but you can't see that lot from FL360 anyway, and certainly not mid-pacific. B)

If you wonder, yes I do have scenery for major airports. I make sure the landclass files are moved to a separate scenery folder so they do not cause memory leaks (landclass files in a folder with a corresponding texture folder leak memory - this could be the reason a particular scenery causes a CTD when you approach it at the end of a flight).

zkdr.png

Best regards,

Robin.

I have had 3 crashes so far

LoadedModule[217]=C:\Windows\SysWOW64\msjter40.dll
LoadedModule[218]=C:\Windows\SysWOW64\MSJINT40.DLL
LoadedModule[219]=C:\Windows\SysWOW64\mstext40.dll
LoadedModule[220]=C:\Windows\system32\mlang.dll
LoadedModule[221]=C:\Windows\system32\RAASAUDIO32.DLL
LoadedModule[222]=C:\Windows\system32\X3DAudio1_6.dll
LoadedModule[223]=C:\Windows\SysWow64\xactengine3_4.dll
LoadedModule[224]=C:\Windows\SysWow64\XAudio2_4.dll
LoadedModule[225]=C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ieframe.dll
LoadedModule[226]=C:\Windows\SysWOW64\mshtml.dll
LoadedModule[227]=C:\Windows\system32\msimtf.dll
LoadedModule[228]=C:\Windows\system32\msls31.dll
LoadedModule[229]=C:\Windows\system32\d2d1.dll
LoadedModule[230]=C:\Windows\system32\DWrite.dll
LoadedModule[231]=C:\Windows\system32\D3D10Warp.dll
LoadedModule[232]=F:\FSX\FSLabs\AddOns\FSLabs_GF_MCPPro.DLL
LoadedModule[233]=C:\Windows\system32\RICHED32.DLL
LoadedModule[234]=F:\FSX\GAUGES\PMDG_777X.DLL
LoadedModule[235]=C:\Windows\system32\NETAPI32.dll
LoadedModule[236]=C:\Windows\system32\srvcli.dll
LoadedModule[237]=C:\Windows\system32\wkscli.dll
LoadedModule[238]=C:\Windows\system32\WSOCK32.dll
LoadedModule[239]=C:\Windows\SysWow64\XAudio2_7.dll
LoadedModule[240]=F:\FSX\GAUGES\PMDG_777X_3.DLL
LoadedModule[241]=F:\FSX\VistaMare\bin\ViMaIScnX_AP.dll
LoadedModule[242]=F:\FSX\Gauges\PMDG_777X_2.dll
LoadedModule[243]=C:\Windows\system32\napinsp.dll
LoadedModule[244]=C:\Windows\system32\pnrpnsp.dll
LoadedModule[245]=C:\Windows\System32\winrnr.dll
LoadedModule[246]=C:\Windows\system32\icmp.Dll
LoadedModule[247]=C:\Windows\system32\msadp32.acm
LoadedModule[248]=C:\Windows\SysWOW64\msjtes40.dll
LoadedModule[249]=C:\Windows\system32\VBAJET32.DLL
LoadedModule[250]=C:\Windows\system32\expsrv.dll
LoadedModule[251]=C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\System\ado\msadrh15.dll
Sec[0].Key=LCID
Sec[0].Value=1033
FriendlyEventName=Stopped working
ConsentKey=APPCRASH
AppName=Microsoft® Flight Simulator X
AppPath=F:\FSX\fsx.exe

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

I have had 3 crashes so far

Do you have a crash load that actually shows what Windows actually choked on?  All I see in the above is that is loaded a bunch of modules - not which one caused the crash.

Kyle Rodgers

I interpreted it as

Files\System\ado\msadrh15.dll

crashed

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

You can't infer anything from that list. Need the actual crash report. Look in the Windows log system.

Best regards,

Robin.