•  

Where Flight Simulation Enthusiasts Gather from Around the World!

HOT SPOTS:
 rarrow.gif The 2014 Demographic Survey! - NEW!

rarrow.gif What's new in the Library

rarrow.gif Member Blogs

rarrow.gif Member Reviews - Contribute a Review!
rarrow.gif Bargain Hunters Forum
rarrow.gif Classified, Want, Swap Ads

rarrow.gif AVSIM Team Speak System

rarrow.gif Video Library
rarrow.gif Image Gallery
rarrow.gif Community Links Library
rarrow.gif Tutorials

rarrow.gif FS9. FSX & P3D CTD Guide

rarrow.gif FSX / P3D Configuration Guide

rarrow.gif AVSIM Publications 

Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight and simulation communities. Please help us keep it that way. Donate what you can today! Thank you for your support!

. . .
Photo

Constant freezing in flight with 777

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 joona_

joona_

• Members
  • 108 posts
  • Joined 4 Years, 2 Months and 11 Days Ago.

Posted 04 September 2013 - 04:43 PM

I get this freezing that PMDG mentioned in the release notes.txt. I have no problem at ground but in the air my FSX freezes for ~5 seconds 1-2 times per minute and it happens constantly. I have no idea what is causing this but obviously I'm not able to fly with this thing. In release notes they mentioned freezing for 30 seconds but mine lasts only around 5 seconds at a time. :(

Joona Väisänen

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

#2 SirStiggie

SirStiggie

• Members
  • 759 posts
  • Joined 2 Years, 2 Months and 23 Days Ago.

Posted 04 September 2013 - 04:47 PM

I have this problem in-flight but I also have a problem that only occurs on final approach when FSX freezes and cannot be recovered.

Chris M

HR Manager

Air Jamaica Virtual Airlines and Cargo (http://www.airjamaic...nesandcargo.org)
CX10sig.jpgpmdg_trijet.jpg

#3 rmhoman

rmhoman

• Members
  • 104 posts
  • Joined 7 Years, 5 Months and 16 Days Ago.

Posted 04 September 2013 - 04:47 PM

is your VA ACARS system saving your aircraft position for resuming flights? I know that DVA does that and had to disable it. 

Russell Homan

#4 joona_

joona_

• Topic Starter
  • Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 05:08 PM

It seems to be working now. Looks like that I had not deleted the FSUIPC.ini. I thought I had but apparently I had not. I'll keep looking.

Joona Väisänen

#5 sourwop

sourwop

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • Joined 5 Years, 6 Months and 21 Days Ago.

Posted 04 September 2013 - 05:13 PM

I have the same problem also. I have shut things down one by one including FScom, REX, and no ACARS running. Its a consistent pause 1-2 sec then it just keeps happening. Frame rates are good syst good have FSX tweaked according to the manual.

Gus Yanno

#6 Arjen Vandervelde

Arjen Vandervelde

Member - 1,000+

• Members
  • 1,753 posts
  • Joined 3 Years, 6 Months and 25 Days Ago.

Posted 04 September 2013 - 05:15 PM

I don't have these short pauses so far but I have had an unrecoverable freeze that I haven't had in a very very long time.  In fact, last time I got this was on my old system.

Hope to see a fix soon to any issues.

Arjen Vandervelde

#7 joona_

joona_

• Topic Starter
  • Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 05:40 PM

I installed the latest Nvidia drivers and removed the FSUIPC.ini and configured it again and I haven't had a single freeze since that. I bet on the FSUIPC, though I can't confirm or deny a driver issue. I also just installed the enbseries mod back to my FSX and have no issues with that.

Joona Väisänen

#8 Maxybo

Maxybo

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Joined 8 Years and 13 Days Ago.

Posted 04 September 2013 - 07:16 PM

i have the same issue only with 777, stutters every 5 secs, done all the recommended in the docs and above but made no difference.

John L

#9 joona_

joona_

• Topic Starter
  • Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 08:10 PM

i have the same issue only with 777, stutters every 5 secs, done all the recommended in the docs and above but made no difference.

What kind of stutters? Do you mean like when the fps is changing rapidly and it creates stutter? Clearly the removal of fsuipc.ini file solved my issue with freezing but then again, I didn't have any stutter. Smooth as hell.

Joona Väisänen

#10 Maxybo

Maxybo

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 03:52 AM

What kind of stutters? Do you mean like when the fps is changing rapidly and it creates stutter? Clearly the removal of fsuipc.ini file solved my issue with freezing but then again, I didn't have any stutter. Smooth as hell.

Sorry perhaps my use of stutters is not the most accurate, everything freezes every 5 secs for around 1 sec.  Strange thing is it only happens with the 777, i fired up the ngx and smooth as silk.  I have seen a few posts now with others reporting sim issues, what's other people option here?  Prob with the 777 and its need a fix or do we need to tweak our systems more to be able to run the 777?

John L

#11 joona_

joona_

• Topic Starter
  • Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 07:35 AM

Sorry perhaps my use of stutters is not the most accurate, everything freezes every 5 secs for around 1 sec.  Strange thing is it only happens with the 777, i fired up the ngx and smooth as silk.  I have seen a few posts now with others reporting sim issues, what's other people option here?  Prob with the 777 and its need a fix or do we need to tweak our systems more to be able to run the 777?

You didn't mention if you tried deleting the ini file. It can be found at FSX\Modules folder.

Joona Väisänen

#12 Maxybo

Maxybo

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 09:21 AM

You didn't mention if you tried deleting the ini file. It can be found at FSX\Modules folder.

yes sorry i have tried all tips in the intro doc but nothing seems to help.  Might have to log a support ticket.

John L

#13 Maxybo

Maxybo

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 07:13 PM

just an update

i uninstalled all fsx addons and fsx, fresh fsx install and the problem seems to be gone now.

John L

Where Flight Simulation Enthusiasts Gather from Around the World!