Sign in to follow this  
Evren Gokasar

Fsx Crash after changing landing rwy in fmc

Hi guys,

I was flying to LTAI - LOWW (I opened t7 with cold and dark)  while descending wind changed and I tried to change my landing runway.In fmc is said "descent path deleted" FSX stop responding and crashed . (I was flying with 772F aerologic livery)

Evren,

I've not seen this behaviour during beta and I frequently did runway changes, including into LOWW.

I suggest you try to reproduce the issue first. If you can make the crash happen again, post your flight plan (including the original planned STAR and RWY and the STAR/RWY you changed to) and I'll take a look.

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

happen twice here, SFO-LAX PORTE5.AVE.SADDE6  about 20nm to SYMON switch the ILS24R approach to ILS25L

2nd : RCTP-RKSI ACT ILS33L then I pressed again just to confirm the transition both FSX freezes

it was started in 777 SHORT panel state

Brandon

Happened here also!

Flight from EDDH to EDDF on IVAO today. FMC said "DESCENT PATH DELETED" thereafter it froze...

On another flight it also showed me that message but my FSX did not crash.

Experienced CTD twice which I believe could be the same issue here. Both in the same exact route from RCTP to VHHH happened shortly after the  "DESCENT PATH DELETED" message show up. Not sure what really casue it.

I happen to see the DESCENT PATH DELETED message on my route from RCTP to VHHH as well! I guess we are flying the exact same route?!

Done this several times in the same flight without any kind of problems at all

Per W Sweden

I wonder if this could be a variation of the issue reported in the issue-tracking thread, since it involves changing runways:

- Fixed a CTD on load that results from errors in the runways.csv or ARPT_RWY.dat files.

• If you're getting a CTD upon selecting the airplane or pressing Fly Now, please try deleting these two files. runways.csv is in the root FSX folder, and ARPT_RWY.dat is in the FSX\PMDG\NAVDATA folder. runways.csv can be remade using Pete Dowson's MakeRunways.exe tool, found at his website.

Just a thought.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

I happen to see the DESCENT PATH DELETED message on my route from RCTP to VHHH as well! I guess we are flying the exact same route?!

I just flew the exact same route again (landed some 15 minutes ago), this time the problem did not happen. The difference between both flights is that there is no ATC in the first one (which shows DESCENT PATH DELETED). I follow ATC in the 2nd one, along with moderate wind speed at high altitudes. Unlike the OP, I should mention that in both instances FSX did not crash and I completed my journey.

I'm not sure if I'll fly this route again in the near future, but here it is for anyone who wants to reproduce it (or looking for a short a sweet flight :P . hey this one lasts only a little more than an hour!)

RCTP -> HLG VOR -> APPLE -> HOMEI -> SWORD -> MKG VOR -> KADLO -> ELATO -> MAGOG -> CH VOR -> VHHH

In both instances the route stops at CH VOR in the FMC, as I intend to select the approach just before descend so I can get wind information and determine which side of the runway I should use.