Sign in to follow this  
dighost

FYI.. Norton Antivirus detects virus

Norton Antivirus just quarantined the "Opscenterupdater.exe" file and classified it as a "Suspicious.Cloud.9 virus".    This even after I set install folders for exclusion.  

People still pay for antivirus software...?

It's free if you have Comcast internet. 

People still pay for antivirus software...?

Even worse...people still use Norton

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Even worse...people still use Norton

What decade do you live in? Norton works fantastic these days with VERY little if any impact on performance.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

I use Norton and my 3 year old computer runs like it is brand new. I think the world of Norton and nothing seems to get past it.. Nothing.. It is expensive though.. I did not realize you could get better protection for free.. Somebody point me in the right direction please..

FYI. 99% of the earth's population know that Norton is one of the worst softwares out there.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4

99% of the earth's population know that Norton is one of the worst softwares out there.

Founded on what may I ask? People more often believe what others tell them without finding out for themselves.

I havent use Norton for decades. It may or may not have got better but once a products reputation has been sowed into consumers minds it very hard to change that.

I've had Norton myself as it often comes with a new computer. Nr 1 it detects viruses that's out of sense, and nr 2 it does not detect the viruses other apps does detect. Just search Norton on Google and at the first page it's something negative about it. People believe what others tell them because the others had had bad experiences.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4

Norton holds its own and then some against ANY of the antivirus products out there in both protection AND system performance. For every complaint on a product there are thousands of other users for which the product runs flawlessly.

I kill Norton when I'm simming. Causes too much trouble...

I had the same message I deactivated Norton for 15 minutes till installation completed, I have Norton for years and you have to learn how to use it properly and exclude certain folders from virus checking to get it working. 

Alaa A. Riad
Just love to fly...............

W11 64-bit, MSFS2020, Intel Core i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20 Ghz 6 Cores, 2 TR HD, 16.0 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 MB GDDR5