Sign in to follow this  
europrodave

Overall Opinion of PMDG 777

Ciao Fellow Simmers.

Curious to find out what your overall opinion of the PMDG T7 is now its out and flying.

Your honest thoughts and feed back of weather you are completely satisfied or a little disappointed would be appreciated.

Or,... maybe its too early and the jury is still out.

It would be interesting to hear what's hot and what's not.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards.

Intel i9 10900k

EVGA RTX 2070

Samsung SSD 850 EVO 1 TB

Noctua NH D15S

CORSAIR 750D High Airflow

I am very impressed with the T7!  Undoubtedly the most refined simulation of a commercial aircraft I've ever used.  VNAV and LNAV transitions are the smoothest I've seen.  The realism is immersive and I love the checklists on the FMC.  This aircraft nails airspeed and altitude targets and maintains consistency throughout a route.  ILS approaches are solid.  Engine sounds are the best I've heard.  And my frames are every bit as good as the NGX.  All in all, extremely satisfied with the T7.

Doug Miannay

PC: i9-13900K (OC 6.1) | ASUS Maximus Z790 Hero | ASUS Strix RTX4080 (OC) | ASUS ROG Strix LC II 360 AIO | 32GB G.Skill DDR5 TridentZ RGB 6400Hz | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB M.2 (OS/Apps) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Sim) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Games) | Fractal Design Define R7 Blackout Case | Win11 Pro x64

PMDG has raised the bar yet again. It's worth the $$$

LUIS LINARES

Processor: Intel Core i9 6700K 9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) Eight Core; CPU Cooling: NXXT Kraken X62 280mm CPU Liquid Cooler; System Memory: 64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM @ 3200 MHz, RGB; Graphics Processor: 11GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, GDDR6, Primary Drive: 2TB Samsung 850 Pro Solid State Drive (SSD)

I am very impressed with the T7!  Undoubtedly the most refined simulation of a commercial aircraft I've ever used.  VNAV and LNAV transitions are the smoothest I've seen.  The realism is immersive and I love the checklists on the FMC.  This aircraft nails airspeed and altitude targets and maintains consistency throughout a route.  ILS approaches are solid.  Engine sounds are the best I've heard.  And my frames are every bit as good as the NGX.  All in all, extremely satisfied with the T7.

Cant word any better than this. AAA rating!

ZORAN

I hope they will release a fuel planner like how aerosoft did for thier ABX

I have no money for pfpx :(

You can use the FMC like the NGX.

Greg Marshall

Windows 10 x64 | i7-6700K Skylake 4.2 GHz | 16GB DDR4 2133MHz | 750W PSU | GTX 970 4GB | Asus Z170 PRO Gaming Motherboard | H80i V2 CPU Cooler | Cooler Master Silencio 652S Case | Asus 23" Frameless Full HD Monitor | 250GB Samsung 850 EVO SSD for OS & 2TB Seagate HDD for FSX            

I hate it so good. My wife is jealous, goes to show you.

This airplane pales everything I have seen in FSX to insignificance...

Microsoft should give the FSX code to PMDG to improve it....PMDG do not dicker when it comes to excellence.

I hereby declare PMDG 777, the sexiest plane on the planet...

Regis

Regis Biassala 

I hope they will release a fuel planner like how aerosoft did for thier ABX

I have no money for pfpx  

You can use plenty of free options on the internet. simbrief.com can be recommended

While I do like the 777, my experience is a little different to the others responding. I have had some difficulty assigning autopilot commands to buttons on my controller that suddenly resolved itself after hours of trying to sort it out. Not a deal breaker but certainly frustrating.

The other things I have found is that on my system it is a little heavier on frames than the NGX despite claims it was lighter by the beta testers. I know everybody's experiences will vary but that is honestly mine. I do not have all my setting to the right, autogen in normal and ai modest at around 20%.

I am also suffering some long texture loading times if switching between the spot and vc views at a graphically heavy airport at night, YBBN.

While its only early days I do not expect anywhere to be much more challenging than YBBN but this was also without any weather injected so the jury is still out on that one. While frames are down to about 16 fps at times it is still petty smooth.

Plenty of things to like about the product as well but I assumed you would want a no bs assessment of people's experiences so far.

Regards

Tim Carter

Regards

Barra

i7 7700K, 16GB 3200MHz DDR4, GTX1070 OC 8GB, 1TB Samsung SSD for OS and P3D4.4, W10 64Bit, Corsair H115i Water Cooling

I have an 

While I do like the 777, my experience is a little different to the others responding. I have had some difficulty assigning autopilot commands to buttons on my controller that suddenly resolved itself after hours of trying to sort it out. Not a deal breaker but certainly frustrating.
The other things I have found is that on my system it is a little heavier on frames than the NGX despite claims it was lighter by the beta testers. I know everybody's experiences will vary but that is honestly mine. I do not have all my setting to the right, autogen in normal and ai modest at around 20%.
I am also suffering some long texture loading times if switching between the spot and vc views at a graphically heavy airport at night, YBBN.
While its only early days I do not expect anywhere to be much more challenging than YBBN but this was also without any weather injected so the jury is still out on that one. While frames are down to about 16 fps at times it is still petty smooth.
Plenty of things to like about the product as well but I assumed you would want a no bs assessment of people's experiences so far.
Regards
Tim Carter

I have an i5 2500k 4.3 and a 7850 i got like 5fps improvement on 777. In 737 i got about 20~30, in 777 i got 30~35 
Never had to wait for the texture to load when switch views. Maybe becoz of the overclock? If you havent overclock i will recommend to do so but at your own risk! 

So far I'm loving it, getting 35-40fps in cruise and 20ish on the ground. The systems and sounds are just incredible. Well worth the £58.

Regards

Tim Carter

I would suggest submitting a ticket to PMDG's support system, and make it to Ryan's attention.  In the past, time permitting, He has been willing to get together with customers online and help them configure their systems for improved performance.  He might do the same for you if you ask nicely.  Just a thought.

Andrew Jones

Andrew Jones

agreed overclock overclock , join Oc forums they have plenty of tutorials and there is not much to fear blue screens are a part of overclocking . And apart from unleashing the power its also good fun and will help FSX.

ZORAN