Sign in to follow this  
penta_a

Short pauses and occasional CTD with no error message (possible FIX)?

I did have several pauses during my first B777 flights (ranges from 3 to 11 seconds) and couple of FSX CTD with no error message (well I would call them force closed  :unsure: ), any way I did try several things to solve the problem till I reached one point when I removed Realtek Audio Driver from my system and used Windows default ones and so far no pauses nor any CTD (I have done more than 6 flights so far), used to have problems every other flight at least.

I hope this might help others to explore more on the issue.

Ali A.

MSFS on PC: I9-13900KS | ASUS ROG STRIX Z790 MB | 32GB DDR5/7200MHz RAM | ASUS TUF RTX4090 OCE | 1TB M.2 Samsung 990 Pro (Windows) +2TB Samsung 990 Pro for MSFS + 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD for DATA | EK-Nucleus AIO CR360 Lux D-RGB CPU cooler.

HP Reverb G2 VR (occasional use) | ASUS ROG Strix XG43UQ 4K monitor | Tobii Eye tracker 5 | Logitech sound system 7.1 | VIRPIL Controls (Joystick + thrust levers + rudder pedals) | Windows 11 Pro.

Hi!

I have this too, but I can actually say when they are coming after

I have flown the beast a couple of times. Not CTD's, but the small freezes.

I get one in the initialisation, but that I don't care about since it is such a complex 

aircraft that it may happen. 

I get 3 freezes during my pushback, One right after i have started my push, second one when I have just pulled the fuel to on on the

engine. The same counts for my other engine. 

I get one right after I have spooled up for the taxi, and a last one when I am setting takeoff thrust (That doesn't happen on every T.O)

I have Realtek installed, and I tried to disable it in my device manager, but after that my 777 seemed unregistered. Nothing I could click 

on and black screens. I activated the Realtek in the device manager, and BAAAM... The 777 were back. 

Really don't wan't uninstall my Realtek. Hope to get a "real" fix from PMDG soon. Even though they have written that the next update will fix the 30 second freeze I am 

curious to see if the same counts for the small ones some of us are experiencing. 

Benjamin Hennes

Ryzen 7 7800X3D|2080Ti 11GB|32GB DDR5 RAM|1TB SSD|Windows 11 Home

i have read yesterday about buggy Realtek drivers, on some forums older versions was recommended. I will probably try to remove it later

I actually do have an old version of my Realtek. It followed with my PC back in 11. 

Benjamin Hennes

Ryzen 7 7800X3D|2080Ti 11GB|32GB DDR5 RAM|1TB SSD|Windows 11 Home

I had this pauses / freezes. I have just paused my sim, saved the flight, uninstalled realtek driver, used CCleaner, restarted PC and loaded flight again - it's smooth now. I can't say for sure this was the problem, maybe restarting FSX has fixed the problem this time. But i will watch this on next flights. No difference in sounds BTW

Guys,

Please keep testing this theory - I'd like to see a sample size of bigger than 5 or 6 flights before concluding or recommending anything about it.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

I can confirm no more stuttering / freezing in flight after 5 long haul flights using time compression in cruise. I'm still not convinced about realtek becouse i did 2-3 flights before freezing happened first time

Realtek audio driver theory ruled out for me. Just happened again, i made a screenshot with Latency Checker and process explorer, no issues. I can upload picture later, but VAS was arround 2.600.000 and no spikes in Latency Checker. 

The simptoms - freezing for a couple of seconds every 10 - 20 seconds, unable to move or do click something in VC, EZCA not responding att all, + this is interesting and it happened last time too - mouse freezes too, even when i exit full screen view and trying to do something else not FSX related.

I saved my flight, closed FSX and EZCA was still there, not responding. I killed EZCA process after 10min. Mouse was ok after i closed FSX. I checked with AppCrashView, there is no entry for EZCA. It should be there when EZCA stop responding. 

After i reloaded the flight, everything was normal.

p.s. I used time compression and flight was realy long, this happened after more then 3000nm

Hello everyone, I Was also experiencing freezes and the occasional CTD. However my theory is not with my audio drivers as i have a dedicated usb Creative sound blaster soundcard. My theory based on observation is that the size of the soundfiles (packs, enginestart, wind and a few others) has some type of negative impact on my computer's memory. I know this is frowned on, but ive reduced the size of these sound files and the impact has been positive. Currently, im parked at Fsdreamteam's KJFK for atleast 4 hours with no noticeable stutters or freezes. In addition, Im noticing that the textures on the 777 are loading up a bit faster than before. 

I dont' have Realtek audio diver in my computer. I have Creative sound blaster soundcard. So I don't think this is the issue for me. I still can't figure out what's causing my pauses.  :(

Pablo Vazquez - Flight Attendant - Major US Airline

(P3D v4.3, PMDG 744v3, PMDG 748, PMDG 777, PMDG 737 NGX, QualityWings 787, Captain Sim 757, Aerosoft Airbus Professional and FSLabs A320x)

1hxz6d.jpg

I'm having a similar OOM problem.  About 2 hours into the flight, windows starts chiming every 10 seconds then the blue circle of death shows up on my long haul flight :(

I own the MD11 and NGX, and like the other users have never experienced this before with their products.

Experienced a series of very long freezes on a flight out of Austin last night. Tried the same flight this morning, zero freezes. The main difference is that I didn't bother using my second PC which runs my EFB (Aivlasoft one) display (SimConnect link) and Air Hauler installation (WideFS). Could a poorly configured client PC (as far as SimConnect/WideFS are concerned) create an issue that freezes FSX? Just taking a wild guess. Going to test the theory some more this afternoon.

Edit: I should point out that FSX did NOT crash or OOM, just freeze for awhile then carry on.

It's looking like a mis-configured SimConnect was at the root of my freeze (but no crash) problem. My FSX rig is new (received same day as 777 came out) and in the crush of everything FSX-related that I needed to re-install, it looks like I overlooked my SimConnect config. I had the SDK and SP1A installed, but apparently never went back and set it up. After posting here, I cracked open the SimConnect setup bible (aka HiFi's AS2012's instructions) and got everything squared away on my FSX rig and laptop. No issues with my existing EXE or DLL XML files in FSX....pretty clean actually.

Since then, the T7's been running smoothly, with all my ancillary stuff operating, without so much as a micro stutter. So I'd say SimConnect could be a freeze culprit worth looking into if you operate external stuff (EFB, Air Hauler, etc.) and get the freeze.