Sign in to follow this  
Von Rondstadd

Question to PMDG about NGX Service Pack 2 ?

I don't work for PMDG, this is my own opinion, so you can chill :)

That's is just how software development works, When a product is over 3 years old, and you have only one development team working on other projects, that product is dead.

Nonsense!

The very fact that we know an SP2 is forthcoming proves this statement completely incorrect.

Just got an email from PMDG support

There will not be any update for the NGX before years end.  The team is currently deployed on the 747-400 V2 so any updates to the NGX would be after that project wraps up.

Paul Gollnick
Technical Support

PMDG Simulations, LLC

www.precisionmanuals.com

So it will be at least a year then.

I'm waiting for the SDK position lights fix. SImple fix but long wait.

And after the 747 the next excuse is that they are busy getting their products ready for Prepar3D...

And after the 747 the next excuse is that they are busy getting their products ready for Prepar3D...

Yes.  Clearly everything is simply an excuse...

Nothing that is going on here is a simple, linear development line.  There exists this concept called parallel tasking.  You don't often see it in sim development, but you usually don't see very good project management by any of the sim developers.

Money making venture versus SP to fix mostly minor items...hmm...wonder which one we should task first...

Kyle Rodgers

Hmm ... I'm quite disappointed to learn that the NGX SP2 is being pushed so far back on PMDG's schedule.

Sure, I do understand the money making aspect of their scheduling by concentrating on new products rather than making an SP for the NGX.

Still, the 737NG is a very popular aircraft and many folks around here are flying the NGX constantly and would like to see the improvements like WX radar and all those goodies in the NGX. I wouldn't even mind to pay for such an update if that raised the development priority.

While the 777 is great and I love it, I'm not much of a long haul flyer. For me, it is taking the NGX all over Europe. 

Dave P. Woycek

Yes.  Clearly everything is simply an excuse...

Nothing that is going on here is a simple, linear development line.  There exists this concept called parallel tasking.  You don't often see it in sim development, but you usually don't see very good project management by any of the sim developers.

Money making venture versus SP to fix mostly minor items...hmm...wonder which one we should task first...

For PMDG it's clearly all about "money making ventures", minor details like product updates, bug fixes, customer service and support are irrelevant.

Let's just push out as many products as possible in the least amount of time, and keep them supported for the shortest time possible.

IF they can get their hands on the data required, perhaps.

Don't count on it, though.

For PMDG it's clearly all about "money making ventures", minor details like product updates, bug fixes, customer service and support are irrelevant.

Let's just push out as many products as possible in the least amount of time, and keep them supported for the shortest time possible.

You do realize who you are talking about?

You do realize who you are talking about?

I wouldn't waste your breath, honestly. I had a pleasant discussion in another thread that was flatly ignored, and was actually accused of doing the ignoring myself...

Kyle Rodgers

I wouldn't waste your breath, honestly. I had a pleasant discussion in another thread that was flatly ignored, and was actually accused of doing the ignoring myself...

Hey fatso, don't you have a few more pounds left to lose?
Or are there too many McDonalds over in Centreville and you just cant help yourself?

Or are there too many McDonalds over in Centreville and you just cant help yourself?

I'm more of a reader than a poster here but I couldn't resist this time:

Seriously? Are you just trolling or did you really just take this to a personal issue? You're clearly offending him while I can't see a reason to do so? Well probably because you ran out of 'smart' comments with actual facts to support your accusations against PMDG.

I can't confirm any of your accusations simply because they've proven the opposite; whenever I had a problem, they were ready to support and actually cared, just as we would expect from PMDG. I've been following PMDG actively since the release (or let's say couple of months before the release) of the NGX, and I've never seen a negative move which would cause anyone to think this way. You got what you paid for, everything that was promised has been delivered, that's fair, and they did more than they actually promised to deliver to us, so, in my opinion, you don't have the right to demand stuff they didn't promise to give.

Words from a pleased customer.

Wish you all, (especially you, Joe Smith) a wonderful day / night! :)

Wow  got any other wise  remarks  before you spend some time on the beach :lol:

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

JoeBa the Troll I think he was refering to another developer and Not PMDG

Jason Richards