Sign in to follow this  
jont

Let's go AI Native!

C'mon guys - let's all go ai native!!

It's been a looooong time since FSX came out and we're still using a bucket load of FS9 ai aircraft.

Hats off to FAIB, UTT and AI Aardvark for their conversions.  A slight nod also to TFS - but theirs are only in Ultimate Traffic 2 (a conversion of your A380 would be awesome). It would be great to see all the other big names go native - what about it guys?

However, I must add - many thanks and much respect goes out to you master craftsmen for all the fantastic, contributions you make, whether native FSX or otherwise.......

Cheers!!

Jont

? MyTraffic has FSX native models. That's why it's so easy on FPS.

Sent from my U8815 using Tapatalk 2

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

I read the OP fully and still don't understand what he's referring to. Go native, to what end?

I agree with Very Bumpy. Let me add that many posts in here are hard for me to understand because of the abreviations . I just recently started and I know eventually I will get it, but in the mean time it's sometimes difficult.

I mentioned months ago on this forum that I would be willing to pay for a nice modeled for FSX package of GA AI aircraft and received a less than enthusiastic response.

I think the truth is that we have a shortage of freeware AI modelers and the commerical companies don't see creating AI models as profitable.

I have the HTAI Cessnas and would love to see them remodeled for FSX along with a Piper, Mooney, Beech, etc. package added, but I think I'm going to have to be content with just changing the props.

Ernie

Ernest Pergrem

Agree - the HTAI models would be fantastic as native FSX - I have all their payware GA for FS9.

Cheers

Jont

I agree with Very Bumpy. Let me add that many posts in here are hard for me to understand because of the abreviations . I just recently started and I know eventually I will get it, but in the mean time it's sometimes difficult.

AI packages such a WOAI (Word of AI) use aircraft models that are still in FS9 or even FS8 format. These slow down the sim and can cause other problems.

So what the OP was asking for is to abandon those legacy AI aircraft models for native FSX models.

Agreed.  I use UT2, so I get FSX "native" (actually FS9 brought up to FSX standards) AI there.  However, I get no cargo traffic with that.  Going back to install WOAI FedEx and UPS packages will just slow it all down again and mess with ground shadows.

Eric Szczesniak

Hi Eric

At least we now have UTT's native ai MD-11 for FedEX and UPS!!

Cheers

Jont

? MyTraffic has FSX native models.

No offense, but I think he's referring to AI models that look good.

FSX native AI models are nice, but usually come at the price of messed up lightmap behaviour.

If the lightmap doesn't work properly it's because the repaint wasn't painted properly to be used in FSX.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

Guys where can I download updated Aardvark models for FSX?

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Tapatalk

Ivan Majetic

MAXIMUS XII HERO, i9 10900k, NZXT KRAKEN Z73, GIGABYTE RTX 3080 v2 OC, G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 980PRO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus 2x, ASUS PG348Q

Guys where can I download updated Aardvark models for FSX?

Right here in the Avsim library....

Hm, I thought so :) will search for them.

Ivan Majetic

MAXIMUS XII HERO, i9 10900k, NZXT KRAKEN Z73, GIGABYTE RTX 3080 v2 OC, G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 980PRO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus 2x, ASUS PG348Q