Sign in to follow this  
Boeing or not going

Hand flying tips?

Leaves problems like more OOM sensitive than the NGX and lower fps than the NGX as distant second and third place problems!

I cant imagine that after having spend time in real 777 simulators and having real 777 pilots on their team, PMDG felt this how the aircraft behaves?

I hope someone from the BETA team or the support team can comment on this!

Just to make sure.....you guys have al Realism sliders set to max correct (I doubt lower sliders will make the 777 fly like an airbus, but you never know)?

Regards, and stand by for my first flight experiences tomorrow.

I must say Rob, I haven't personally had any Issues with OOM's.

And the frame rate is now excellent with the ND and PFD refresh rate set to 15.

I'm looking forward to your conclusions after you have purchased the T7. You should have a better handle on this than us, with your full size sim experience.

yes to the realism slider question by the way.

I must say I am bit surprised this thread has drawn any specific attention from the developers. I would be curious to hear their take on this. Personally I will make my own tests and see if I get the same behaviour as reported here.

Best regards

I must say I am bit surprised this thread has drawn any specific attention from the developers. I would be curious to hear their take on this. Personally I will make my own tests and see if I get the same behaviour as reported here.

Best regards

Submit a help desk ticket?

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

Submit a help desk ticket?

No!

Not until it's established that this is indeed an issue, and not how the real aircraft functions.

Wasting PMDG's time is the last thing they need at the moment.

According to the beta tester known as Kyle, the auto trimming effect is correct.

14th post down.

Personally, I haven't been able to find any documentation that refers to this.

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/418721-question-about-trim-on-final-777/page-3

No!

Not until it's established that this is indeed an issue, and not how the real aircraft functions.

Wasting PMDG's time is the last thing they need at the moment.

According to the beta tester known as Kyle, the auto trimming effect is correct.

14th post down.

Personally, I haven't been able to find any documentation that refers to this.

It is said help tickets are said to be the best way to be seen by the Developer. If you don't want to, then ok, don't.

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

It is said help tickets are said to be the best way to be seen by the Developer. If you don't want to, then ok, don't.

I won't, for the reason's stated. It was someone else that wondered why no dev response, not me.

But thanks' for your input.

I have to say I'll be gutted if it proves that the autotrimming is not correct and PMDG remove it, because ......... I love it in this aircraft!

.... Makes handflying (if you're not battling with the trim) a breeze, and fun.    

Will be very interesting to hear PMDG's viewpoint on this.

I have to say I'll be gutted if it proves that the autotrimming is not correct and PMDG remove it, because ......... I love it in this aircraft!

.... Makes handflying (if you're not battling with the trim) a breeze, and fun.    

Will be very interesting to hear PMDG's viewpoint on this.

We seem to be getting some answers here...

That feature won't be removed so you needn't worry.

The aggressive trim is another matter.

I won't, for the reason's stated. It was someone else that wondered why no dev response, not me.

But thanks' for your input.

Yes, I think it makes sence to wait sending out support tickets.

If I dont run into problems while installing we will know tomorrow if the trimming is good or way off.

I forgot/missed Kyles reply.

If he said it is modelled correctly I tend to believe that.

EDIT: Ok, after reading a similar thread where Kyle is a bit more involved, he said that he does not know for sure how the airplane feels in real life.

When I am up and running, I will fly the tutorial flight.

For one because it has everything setup correctly (I hope) including weight and balance and should thus behave as intended by PMDG.

I will not save flights, save panel states, save other equipment and settings at first.

That comes later.

Edit: Oh and since I have to update FSUIPC anyway, I think I will just remove it and try PMDG without FSUIPC and normal FSX control setup and calibration.

Something you (not you personally, but youz) should do also (tutorial) if not already done so!

Rob Robson

Looking forward to your results Rob. :smile:

"but youz"

You must be from Essex Rob. :biggrin:

Yes, I think it makes sence to wait sending out support tickets.

If I dont run into problems while installing we will know tomorrow if the trimming is good or way off.

I forgot/missed Kyles reply.

If he said it is modelled correctly I tend to believe that.

EDIT: Ok, after reading a similar thread where Kyle is a bit more involved, he said that he does not know for sure how the airplane feels in real life.

When I am up and running, I will fly the tutorial flight.

For one because it has everything setup correctly (I hope) including weight and balance and should thus behave as intended by PMDG.

I will not save flights, save panel states, save other equipment and settings at first.

That comes later.

Edit: Oh and since I have to update FSUIPC anyway, I think I will just remove it and try PMDG without FSUIPC and normal FSX control setup and calibration.

Something you (not you personally, but youz) should do also (tutorial) if not already done so!

Hi Rob.

I've seen in another thread that you're also a pilot and have flown the real 777 for several years. Didn't know it, but glad to hear that mate :)

I'm waiting for you to put your hands on it to see how it feels to you compared with the real one, and finally tell us if its behaviour is real and accurate or not....at last! :)

I also suggest you that after experimenting with handflying in NORMAL mode, you should also switch PFCs to off and also try in direct FBW mode. I don't know if I'm going mad or what, but I've tested this, and if you keep an eye on the stab trim indicator on the flt controls page, when in direct FBW mode you won't see it change unless you manually apply trim (wich obviously this is the normal, correct behaviour), BUT....if I'm not hallucinating, in this state, I mean direct mode, our famous"auto-trim" is also working and auto-trimming!!...Your won't see the stab trim indicator to change, but the aircraft is being trimmed by itself, as usual, without manual trim at all....at least that's how it looked like to me.

This is already too much for me....I need a break....

Will wait for your comments...

PD: I do NOT use FSUIPC. And I have my FSX set to maximum realism.

I also had issued landing. I don't know what I am doing wrong, I will try and make my controls more sensitive, it feels like the airplane is not very responsive

Yours truly
Boaz Fraizer
Copenhagen, Denmark

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I just flew the same approach 5-6 times today. None of them make sense. I turn off the autopilot and I turn off auto throttle. But somehow following the flt dir makes me loose my glideslope... It feels like I am moving the airplane, but it is moving according to it's own will...

Yours truly
Boaz Fraizer
Copenhagen, Denmark

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I also suggest you that after experimenting with handflying in NORMAL mode, you should also switch PFCs to off and also try in direct FBW mode

I actually had planned to do that anyway.

But first Normal mode.

And I must say one thing.

I am not a 777 engineer!

Pilots dont get all the info that engineers get, we are just users.

So I am pretty sure I can not answere everything you would want to know.

Some I might be able to dig up or ask our technicians, but some things are just not provided to us by BOEING.

EDIT: ah sorry, Cowl, I forgot you also fly RW....so you know that already....ok, i will leave it in here for others then.

Like the Stab trim indicator.....you would normally never look at that thing other than for the T.O. trim setting.

When in direct mode.....a non normal situation.....the airplane is harder to fly and you definately have enough other things to do than looking at a Stab trim indicator.

However, since in secondary and direct mode you are directly trimming the stabiliser, you should see that on the indicator on the control stand.

I am not sure about the indicator on the flight controls synopsis page though.

There was something in the intro flight .pdf about that only working correct when on the ground I think.

Rob Robson

I just posted my initial flight experience here:

http://forum.avsim.n...-2#entry2791730

But here is a copy of that.

I guess it would make sence to stay in on thread on this subject. rather than havingbto read at three different but similar ones.

Oh boy oh boy.....You guys are right.

This seems wrong (I am being carefull here...more testing to do)

VRMM tuturial (everything setup as in tutorial), FSUIPC removed, only a CH yoke and rudder connected (granted, twenty year old analog stuff connected to a digital USB converter).

Using keyboard F1 - F4 for thrust at the moment.

AP off, FD off, AT disconnected.

I can go in level flight in 5000ft from 300kt down to 180kt (you would not do this in real life cause thats 10kt above yellow bar and way below flaps up maneuvering speed) and back to 300kt again......without ever heaving to touch the trim!

My StB trim automatically changes from 4.1 to 5.4 while slowing down and back to 4.1 when at 300kt again as I am manually maintaining 5000ft.

Yes you do have to compensate with the yoke for the speed change initially (pulling for decelerating and pushing during acceleration) and you COULD trim this away.....but the thing is....if you dont trim it away it gets trimmed away automatically!

Now the only problem with this situation is.....and that is why I am now being carefull with saying this is all wrong......In real world flying, this not trimming for airspeed and just holding the yoke to compensate gets quite heavy real quick.

10kt out of trim and you would feel those forces (ok simulated feedback forces) immediately.

So in real life you dont sit there and wait what the aircraft does if you dont manually trim.

You instintively trim away those forces.

I have never tried what happens after a while if you dont trim away those forces.

I dont think that the FBW system will at some point automatically trim away those forces......but I wont know for sure untill my next rw flight ;-)

I must also say....that other than that, the smoothness of the plane, the rate at which it pitches and rolls, that is all extremely well simulated.

The real thing realy does fly like this (other then maybe the trim)

I

Rob Robson