Sign in to follow this  
aceridgey

LOW FPS? Trial this with me?

HI guys,

I, like many, am struggling a lot with the release candidates performance and in combination with the visible mouse hurting I want you guys to help me test something.

Someone mentioned that putting the fps number on the pmdgoptions>performance to 15 or 8 improves things somewhat.

I am testing at the moment and I can put the fps on the PFD to 15 or 30 [the rest on 8] without a significant hit, I may be wrong though.

Could you guys replicate this for me? Everything on 8 apart from the pfd which you can put to 15 30 60 unlimited and report back?

Alex

EDIT#1

The gauge that affects my performance most [noticeable immediately] is switching the ND performance from 8 to say 15.

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

You mean specifically the value 8? I reduced mine to even less than that and, and yes it improves fps.

cheers,
NiIs U.

AMD 5800X3D | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 3200MHz | RTX 4070 12GB @ 1920x1050px

You mean specifically the value 8? I reduced mine to even less than that and, and yes it improves fps.

My hypothesis at the at the moment is that the Navigation Display is causing a performance drop and by focusing on changing this value I want to see if people are getting the same as me. 

Alex Ridge

3f2bdd960f92ae5c7bc2cidsvh.png

Anyone got a suggestion for that?

I tried the values above, the FPS kinda increased.

You are a genius! This helps and I don't see any sloppy animations from the EICAS or ND still. I like the PFD on 30

Which values you used?

Can you post a Picture of the current Performance Settings you have set?

You are a genius! This helps and I don't see any sloppy animations from the EICAS or ND still. I like the PFD on 30

:blush:

This is still a theory guys, need more conclusions. 

I am as of this minute testing this

28reg7p.jpg

As soon as I put up the Navigation display fps I get stutters and fps drops.

I will be back later this evening as I am about to leave for work. I look forward to your findings

Alex Ridge

@aceridgey,

I can confirm your conclusion that the ND is the biggest Frame-Dropper.

Well, I set the Settings as your Settings are and I am fine with them.

As with any tweak, results will highly depend on your individual system. This is the entire point of customization options. The default settings are set targeting the widest potential of configurations. The default settings will not be the best for all configurations.

If your not satisfied with your performances, it is encouraged that you systematically adjust the settings for improvements.

There is no silver bullet folks. If there was it would have been built in. :-)

Hi guys,

Nice to hear some feedback. 

@George, I think there is something to be looked into here, as IF it is the navigation display then we may have identified a possible issue

Alex

Alex Ridge

With the NGX i have 30fps locked. Now with the 777 i have 23 fps.. I will try this to see what happens

Best Regards,

Xander Leegsma