Sign in to follow this  
Gnacino

Throttle problems

I know I read in a post about issues with the throttles, but I can't find it. I cannot move the T7 unless I take the AT switches off. This is not how it's done in tut 1. Also while on the runway, I can't set the throttles to 55%, I have to have the AT switches off, which means I can't set TOGA.

I have a Goflight TQ6 and can not set it thru FSUIPC nor thru the FSX options. The Goflight issue is not important right now, but the AT issue is.

Gnacino

I have the same situation (PFC-throttle). For manual control I have to switch off A/T ARM. In autoflight everything seems to be ok.

Rudy Knott

Yea, its seems to work in flight, but not on the ground. Like I said in my previous post there were a lot of people having the same issue but I can't find the post to see if there is a solution. I can take off without but can't use the N1 and the TOGA.

Gnacino

This is how I do it:

On the ground I disable A/T switch so I can taxi around without worrying about the conflict.

When I line up with the runway, I turn the switches ON, push my throttle forward and press CTRL SHIFT G for the AT to engage on takeoff and after that I don't have any problem since the A/T takes care of the flight. Upon landing I turn it off and control the power manually.

I don't have any other solution for now. I tried disabling FSUIPC and I still have problems with it.

Hope this helps,

Teo

Teofilo Homsany

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I too have had this and the solution for me is to map the throttles only through FSX and not FSUIPC.

I have all the other controls through FSUIPC and worlk flawlessly. Just does not want to play any other way for me.

I would like to know if anyone else has worked another way of doing it.

Regards

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

Teo:

Thanks so much for this advice...I've been pulling what little hair I have trying to solve this throttle issue.

For those of you who haven't seen this issue, I've tried:

1) Deleting my FSUIPC.ini file and rebuilding it for ONLY the 777 - no joy, my throttles snap back to idle regardless of position.

2) Deleting the FSUIPC throttle assignments entirely and calibrating/assigning throttles only within FSX - same result.

3) Combinations of 1) and 2) - same result.

ONLY by disabling the autothrottle switches on the MCP as Teo describes can I then taxi the aircraft normally. Support ticket on the way.

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

Also have this problem. Tried all the combinations I have found on this forum but as soon as i have the A/T armed the throttle will snap around violently both in air and ground. Only time it works if i have A/T armed and engaged or if i have A/T off all together.

Johan Söderholm

I would disconnect the Trhottle from the PC and see if it behaves normal then.

You know F1 - F4

I know I read in a post about issues with the throttles, but I can't find it. I cannot move the T7 unless I take the AT switches off. This is not how it's done in tut 1. Also while on the runway, I can't set the throttles to 55%, I have to have the AT switches off, which means I can't set TOGA.I have a Goflight TQ6 and can not set it thru FSUIPC nor thru the FSX options. The Goflight issue is not important right now, but the AT issue is.Gnacino

Also, you cant use FSUIPC because the TQ6 requires its own software?

Or because you have been unsuccesfull with FSUIPC?

Rob Robson

Same issue with me.  If I turn off the A/T switches, I can move the plane on the taxiway.  Once I'm ready to take off, I turn on A/T and the A/P, LNAV and VNAV, and then move the throttles to about 50% and press the TOGA button.  The plane accellerates and takes off normally and obeys de-rates if I have set any (and you SHOULD if you're taking off with light fuel and weight loads, or the plane may break the 250kts limit below 10000 ft.

Once airborne, I have to press the A/P button once more to re-engage it, and I'm off and running.

Calibrated with FSUIPC (tried the other suggestions - no improvement).

Man, I love this airplane - it's the Cadillac of heavies!

R. Scott McDonald  B738/L   Information is anecdotal only-without guarantee & user assumes all risks of use thereof.                                               

RQbrZCm.jpg

KqRTzMZ.jpg

Click here for my YouTube channel

Same problem here - FSUIPC A/T works fine for every other PMDG product, including the NGX, but it doesn't work with the T7.  Tried every recommendation in all the 'Throttle' threads in this forum to date, to no avail.  Disconnecting the A/T Arm switches is the only temporary work-around but not really a solution either.  What bothers me more, when the PFD is in 'Hold' mode,  I should be able to run the throttles manually, but still no joy.  Yes, I tried the various A/T hold mode options in the FMC as well.  I truly hope PMDG can take a few moments and figure out why the NGX throttles work with FSUIPC (send to FSX as normal axis) but seems to have all kinds of problems with the implementation in the T7.  There simply has to be a solution, because I'm not converting 20 plus custom calibrated control profiles in FSUIPC to FSX standard 'control' calibrations, for just one airplane - ain't gonna happen.  :Praying:

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

Add me to the list. Strange thing is, everything worked perfectly fine before i reinstalled fsx this morning. Been trying to figure out what i could have possibly done differently this time around

Adam

Me too... Jetmax 737 throttle here. Works like a gem with the NGX. 777 no go. Tried to calibrate through fsx and now nothing works.

Justin whetstone

Looks like no solution. Dose not seem to be affecting everyone, and different throttles as well. I'll wait till Monday and if no one figures what the commonality is with those of having this issue, I'll do a support ticket. I read somewhere that they leave the AT's on all the time!