Sign in to follow this  
Gnacino

Throttle problems

Enabling FSX controllers is a non start with me. Causes took much problem. I cannot see why it works just fine with the NGX and not the 777. This A/T switch on and not allowing throttle hardware to work when going through fsuipc is a pain.

Sent from Samsung Galaxy Note 2

Just took off for another flight and nothing worked again, with throttles through FSUIPC (direct to FSUIPC - no calibration). Unchecked FSX's 'Enable Controllers' and the throttles still snaps back to idle. I could again only taxi with A/T Arm switches off and I know my VNAV descent in Hold mode is going to worthless again, as well. Hopefully PMDG takes a second look at this AT, with FSUIPC involved, and maybe comes up a little something for us.

So you are saying Roberts fix does not work?

Sent from Samsung Galaxy Note 2

Eric 

Hi Ok to whom it does not work try this if you havent . It worked for me as I had it calibrated ,but aply same steps as in ngx few months ago.

1. Asign axis in fsuipc ( throttle 1,2)

2. Calibrate same axis

3. set up everything for flight

4. start taxing throttles cut back

5. open fsuipc go to calibration for your throttles

6. move throttle 1 forward just to see response on axis and PRESS RESET  !!! and same again for throttle 2

7. dont move anything after , just press ok

8. it should work this are the exact steps I took

Regards Petr

You are able to taxi with the A/T switches enabled on the MCP; the VC throttle levers don't snap back to idle?  You are able to move the throttles causing N1 value changes during a VNAV 'Hold' mode descent (FMC option set accordingly)?

Unless your FSUIPC throttle-setup can accomplish these two specific actions - it's not a solution.

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

I dont get the question sorry ?   I use TQ6 when taxing I can have  arm or not no differance . When on descent in vnav I can just pull back on Throttles n1 goes down and back up again if undershuting  regards Petr

You are able to taxi with the A/T switches enabled on the MCP; the VC throttle levers don't snap back to idle? You are able to move the throttles causing N1 value changes during a VNAV 'Hold' mode descent (FMC option set accordingly)?

Unless your FSUIPC throttle-setup can accomplish these two specific actions - it's not a solution.

I have tried the fixes mentioned in hear to no avail. Mind still will not work. Using a Jetmax 737 throttle.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 4

Eric 

Robert, I just wanted to pitch in and say thank you.

Your solution worked 100% for me and luckily I can keep FSUIPC and I don't have to mess with those crappy FSX mappings ;)

23.png

Robert, I just wanted to pitch in and say thank you.

Your solution worked 100% for me and luckily I can keep FSUIPC and I don't have to mess with those crappy FSX mappings ;)

Heck if it works for some folks- that's cool.  Petr actually put me onto it - all I did was refine his words, so I can't take credit.  It seems to be holding up fine on my system here.  I did quite a bit of tweaking on my FSX settings today with a view towards smoother frames and eliminating jerkiness.  So far I seem to have had limited success, flew 1 hr from San Diego to Vegas in the 772 today and loved every moment.  All things considered, she is overall easier to fly than the NGX, but you do need to get your airspeed down as you near your destination.  Tough plane to slow rapidly, especially if there is a descent also involved.  One thing that's hurting me, I can't seem to find the SDK for this plane- although there is a "FOLDER" for it, on my box it's EMPTY. 

Did I miss something on how to get the SDK?  I would love to program the Speedbrake to one of my Hotas Warthog switches as I did on the NGX.  And the landing lights.

R. Scott McDonald  B738/L   Information is anecdotal only-without guarantee & user assumes all risks of use thereof.                                               

RQbrZCm.jpg

KqRTzMZ.jpg

Click here for my YouTube channel

Have any of you got the reverser's to work with FSUIPC?  I have the Saitek Pro Cessna yoke and cannot get the reverser's to function when I pull the throttle's back.

\Robert Hamlich/

Have any of you got the reverser's to work with FSUIPC?  I have the Saitek Pro Cessna yoke and cannot get the reverser's to function when I pull the throttle's back.

Cake.  In FSX, program the F2 button if it isn't already (to quickly reduce speed)

Program one of your joystick buttons to send the F2 command while your reversers are pressed down, and tell it to repeat the command until you move the reversers to the off position.  Note:  You must be at or nearly at IDLE speed at landing to have the reversers deploy AFAIK.  If you come in too fast, with too much n1, I don't think they will engage.  Check me on that.

On my Hotas Wathog, I have both throttles set to fire the reversers if I lift one or both up at the idle detent position and then pull back further on them.  As soon as I move them forward out of the reversers position, the reversers close up, and forward thrust returns.

R. Scott McDonald  B738/L   Information is anecdotal only-without guarantee & user assumes all risks of use thereof.                                               

RQbrZCm.jpg

KqRTzMZ.jpg

What I did was kind of a combination of things:

1- In FSUIPC on the axis assignment tab, detect each throttle axis and under type of action required, click the radio button "Send direct to FSUIPC Calibration", below that radio button, put a tickmark in the first window, and from the dropdown, choose your throttle (either 1 or 2) then click OK button. < in this step you are ASSIGNING the throttle(s) in FSX but NOT calibrating them.

2- Still in FSUIPC, click on the "Joystick Calibration Tab" make sure each Throttle Axis (both Throttle 1 and Throttle 2 on page 1 of 11 AND page 3 of 11) are set to "Axis Not processed" <<- by marking 'axis not processed' (click the set button to clear any previous calibrations out) - you are de-calbrating via FSUIPC, that is, FSUIPC is not 'coloring' or 'affecting' your throttle outputs to the airplane fly by wire system. However, FSUIPC is telling the fly-by-wire which of your thottle levers affects which engine throttle control movement.

3- In FSX, do NOT activate any of your controllers. Have them all assigned (but not calibrated) in FSUIPC. Your controllers in FSX should be UNTICKED. All inputs are sent via FSUIPC.

4- What you are doing is NOT calibrating the throttles in FSUIPC. The inputs are NOT "processed" (not calibrated) but they are ASSIGNED, so FSX knows that when you move lever 1 that is Throttle 1 and when you move lever 2 that is Throttle 2 (assuming you have dual throttle quadrant).

This works for me, and I can taxi with A/P off and A/T off. Once I am in position on the runway, I can select A/T "ON" on the MCP panel, move the throttles to 55% and then hit the TOGA button on my MCP Combo 2 (Boeing) Controller and engage Toga. After Rotating and climbing to about 800 feet, I can engage the A/P.

Try this for yourself.

I do NOT use the T.A.R.G.E.T. software that ships with my Hotas Wathog AT ALL. It is NOT installed on my system.

This seems to work but the problem I have is that my throttle axis (PFC Throttle Quadrant) needs to be reversed.  If I reset the calibration to say no axis processed, when I push my throttles forward they go backwards in the sim and vice versa.  Is there a way to reverse the axis without calibrating?

Steve Giblin

Hi Steve-  can you contact PFC support and ask them if they have a workaround for your issue?  Plan B would be in FSUIPC try the calibration settings, put a tickbox ONLY in the reverse box and do NOT set any other values in the calibration area.  You might get away with it.  Won't hurt to try.  I'm saying only to put the checkmark in "reverse" to tell FSX your throttles work opposite of default.  See what happens, please share results for benefit of others who may have the same issue.  Cheers.

RQbrZCm.jpg

KqRTzMZ.jpg

Thanks for the reply.  I'll fool around a bit and see what I can come up with...

Steve Giblin

Thanks for the reply.  I'll fool around a bit and see what I can come up with...

Best of luck!

Robert

RQbrZCm.jpg

KqRTzMZ.jpg

Hi guys

The following three problems are solved on my system :biggrin: :

1. Rudder rebounds to initial position ==> Configure the axis via the FSUIPC but disable axis calibration

2. Throttle levers rebounds to idle position if A/T armed but disconnected ==> Configure the axis via the FSUIPC but disable throttle calibration

3. Manual throttle override if A/T is in "HOLD" mode ==> PMDG Setup > Simulation >  A/T over ride set to ==> NEVER

Now everything works as expected. Saitek Throttle Quadrants allowing smooth throttle handling even if A/T ARM is on.

Best regards

Bruno