Sign in to follow this  
Raptor05121

d3d11.dll causing fatal error crash

So this module is getting cited for EVERY time I fly a flight. Can be in the beginning, middle, or end of a flight but I have yet to finish one. Tried several different A/C.

Win 7 Ultimate, i7-4770K OC 4.3GHz @ 1.250v, 250GB SSD, nVidia GTX700 on FSX Accel w/ DX10

With you brother.   I have been flying for days without problem and today crashed before even getting off the ground, usually in the middle of boarding passengers.  Tried three times.  Finally got off the ground in Tampa on the 3rd try but as I was turned west and climbing FREEZE, LOCK,  This Program is No Longer responding and thinks it is pretty funny the way your blood pressure rises every time it crashes on you.   Same faulty Module; D3D11.DLL.    

I can only assume that while my computer was turned off, Computer Gnomes broke into my case and pee'd all over the hardware and recoded FSX to crash every 5 seconds when it's been flying solid for 2 weeks straight with no changes to my hardware or software configuration.    

I have to admit, the last crash that just happened was not D3D11.DLL but in fact a Module called  StackHash_27eb.    I am going to go out on a limb and say that for whatever reason, suddenly, FSX isn't liking the fact that I am running SweetFX with DX10.    

You know the old saying;  "If it ain't broke don't fix it."    Apparently... it is broke.. still... even after a dozen flights without incident.   I just want to get digitized into the Tron universe.. find FSX.EXE.. and punch him right in the digital nuts sometimes.

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

Download and run a program that scans your system for updated drivers.  I use Driver Scanner.  They are all freeware unless you want the program to download and install the updates.  Some people who are computer savvy will look at what device requires updating and will go on the Internet and search for the updated driver and install it/them. 

If you have overclocked your video card in any way, try returning it to the default.

If you have SweetFX or the ENB module, those are most likely the cause of the crash(es).

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

So this module is getting cited for EVERY time I fly a flight. Can be in the beginning, middle, or end of a flight but I have yet to finish one. Tried several different A/C.

D3d11.dll CTD with Sweet FX – Remove KB2670838 (a Windows Update).

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I just started getting the stackhash_27eb  CTD too. I'm not positive that D3d11.dll is a part of it.
I've noticed this after getting the PMDG 777.

I did just upgrade to the newest free version of FSUIPC (4.9?). Tomorrow I'll be testing again for a CTD as the APP crash seems to only happen at the end of a LONG flight. The two crashes I've had were both doing a Dubai to Los Angeles flight. 

Part of me is wondering if the crash may be caused by using auto cruise because I did a flight using the 777 (no auto cruise) from LAX to ZRH with no issue. 

I suspect your overclock although 4.2 and 4.3 you can do with almost all settings set to Auto (except for the 43 multiplier).  Did you overclock using the following guide - http://www.simforums.com/forums/haswell-48ghz-on-air-building-a-haswell-system_topic46180.html.

For the FSUIPC, you should have been using that version a long time ago as previous versions are no longer working.

BEX/StackHash CTD's have something to do with memory.  Make sure you start up FSX every time in Windowed Mode and shutdown in Windowed Mode.  BEX/StackHash crashes are fixed by reinstalling Windows/FSX so there is an issue somewhere with one of your settings, either within your computer system or within FSX.

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM