Sign in to follow this  
cmdn

Recurrent bugs (edit - not bugs, driver issues)

Hi,

I noticed a bug with my 777, and it's now really complicated to fly this bird correctly.

So let me explain to you the problem.

During a normal flight when the plane is on movement. When I try to go to the fsx standard menu like the weather the map the time or when I press on echap or alt to hide the fsx flight screen. When I want to come back to my normal FSX screen with my pmdg 777 cockpit what I see is really strange.

Sereval screen:

Completly black

Land or sky completly black

Cockpit with cuts inside ( I see sole instruments and behing the ND or PFD the land texture....)

The plane is duplicated 100 times with all the texture and objects around it

And some other issues.

To solve this I find a solution: press 40 times alt+enter or echap and resume the flight until I obtain the pmdg standard cockpit with no cuts and the normal fsx ground and sky texture with no black screen...

You will understand that with this circumstances it's really difficult to fly the plane beacause every tile I gôto the MTO or the map weather.. It's happen to me.

One olter solution is to only fly the plane and don't touch to any fsx menu option... Not really for me.

So I hope someone is in the same case and could explain to me what I could do...( maybe with the fsx setting or something else)

And I reinstall completly my fsx and my addons and update all my pc drivers.

And this happen to me only with the pmdg 777.

Thanks in advance for your solutions

Regards.

Christopher M

Have you installed the UIAutomationCore.dll? I think PMDG has it for download or you can google it.

Dan Downs KCRP

Yes I have installed it today! Could the problem comes from the fps? I set unlimited.

I don't think so, Chris. Might be time to open a trouble ticket with pmdg. I rarely use full screen because I am always check charts or reading manuals.

Dan Downs KCRP

Ok I will update some screenshots tomorrow. I already sent a ticket to pmdg.. Will see...

Its recommend that you dont load cold and dark panel status. I have seen here so many entrys with this buggy status file. Make your own cold and dark with long or short.

Yes I have installed it today! Could the problem comes from the fps? I set unlimited.

No it cant be because of framerate.

Did your problems start before installing the UIAutomationCore.dll?

Or after you installed that file?

As far as I know this file is supposed to fix things like you described!

What about windows update....if it is set to automatic and installed a new video driver that could mess things up.

Rob Robson

Actually it's the same the file doesn't change my problem.

I didn't do the windows update. I will try it tomorrow maybe it could solve the problem. The really stange thing is that it happens only withe the tripleseven.

What is your spec? Have this problem on AXE due to memory issue 
Not that bad but its still flyable i would say something to do with your system 

This seems not to be 777 bugg...i don't understan what you actually do when this happens, how you "hide" FSX screen? If you are using full screen mode and you are using alt+tab to switch to desktop or another window, don't do this! Use simply alt+enter to exit full screen mode, and when you finish, same alt+enter to back to full screen. If you have something undocked, it will probably give you some graphical issues, but everything will back to normal after you set full screen back. Just a guess, becouse i don't understand what you actually do. Post some screenshots, so we can see what happens.

UIAutomationCore.dll will fix only FSX menu freezes / crashes in windows 7, nothing else. Since you are able to fix the issue and continue your flight, this is not case here

I updated windows drivers. But it's the same!

What could I do else?

Eeeeh....I meant NOT to use windows update for graphic card drivers!

You can/should use windows updates, just do it manually and dont let it update any drivers.

Oh well.

As to our problem....I dont get what you are seeing either.

You are having 100 PMDG777s displayed??

I could not read your specs, screenshot too small to zoom into on Ipad, sorry.

Are you using more than one moitor?

Try disconnecting and use only one monitor for starters?

Rob Robson

that's the kind of image.

I don't see the plane anymore after the first setting of the fsx weather map time menu....

my configuration

operating system 6.1BUID-7601

TSC frequency 0

Number of processors 1

number of cores 4

of cpus 4

CORES PER PROCESSOR 4

cpus per core 1

core have logical CPU  NO

L1 catche and line Size 32768 64

L2 catche and line size 262144 64

total physical mem available 7.98GO

adapter description ATI RADEON HD 4850

adapter driver version 8.812.0.0

has DX9 or better YES

has pixel shader 2.0 or better YES

has LDDM driver YES

dedicated Local video memory501.00MB

system memory dedicated as video memory 0MB

system memory shared as video memory 3834.95MB

Primary monitor size 2560*1440

winsat is official YED

Christopher M

This seems not to be 777 bugg...i don't understan what you actually do when this happens, how you "hide" FSX screen? If you are using full screen mode and you are using alt+tab to switch to desktop or another window, don't do this! Use simply alt+enter to exit full screen mode, and when you finish, same alt+enter to back to full screen. If you have something undocked, it will probably give you some graphical issues, but everything will back to normal after you set full screen back. Just a guess, becouse i don't understand what you actually do. Post some screenshots, so we can see what happens.

UIAutomationCore.dll will fix only FSX menu freezes / crashes in windows 7, nothing else. Since you are able to fix the issue and continue your flight, this is not case here

I use  Atl+enter to exit full screen mode but everytime I do it I have the screenshots above!