Sign in to follow this  
Piper9t3

PMDG777 and ENB

I have read the introduction manual and I am fully aware of PMDG's recommendation to not use "dll injection" but I really like the graphics modifications that ENB series provides. Since installing the 777, I have been experiencing frequent CTD's lately as a result of my current ENB series installation (d3d9.dll fault per the appcrashviewer)and so needless to say I will be removing it from FSX. Anybody out there using ENB without much incident in the 777? Any recommendations for a stable ENB series that works reasonably well with FSX would be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

John Pipilas

Win 10 ​- i7 2600k CPU - AMD Radeon R9 Fury X GPU 

Can anyone else recommend a stable ENB series mod?

John Pipilas

Can anyone else recommend a stable ENB series mod?

I use TIm's BlueSphere ENB available over on REX's forums (on the Free Stuff forum). I would use SweetFX/FXAA but get a performance hit when using it unfortunately.

I use ENB with the 777 and have no issues, nor do I have problems with any other aircraft. If you want the version I'm using I can let you know later today.

Chris Sunseri

I use ENB with the 777 and have no issues, nor do I have problems with any other aircraft. If you want the version I'm using I can let you know later today.

Sure if you dont mind sharing that would be much appreciated!

John Pipilas

I get a CTD everytime I swtich on the time compression feature when FSX stops to load textures or something. All caused by the d3d9.dll file, regardless of whether I use that file with ENB or SweetFX.

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

I use TIm's BlueSphere ENB available over on REX's forums (on the Free Stuff forum). I would use SweetFX/FXAA but get a performance hit when using it unfortunately.

Found it  ! 

I use ENB with the 777 and have no issues too, problem with ENB only with Concord X, I need turn off the ENB to fly with Concord X Fslabs.

My ENB is stable with NGX but crashes frequently with 77X, so I removed it. I guess I'll have to relearn to live without it.

bump your gamma up to 1.0

it helps give the ENB effect if you cant use it

ZORAN

bump your gamma up to 1.0

it helps give the ENB effect if you cant use it

Are you talking about SweetFX? I have tried installing the SweetFX files into the main FSX directory and FSX crashes on start up. Is there something else that needs to be done in order to get SweetFX to work with FSX?

John Pipilas

I use SweetFX and don't have any issues with any of the PMDG aircraft.  I never tried ENB - I've heard it crashes too much.

Never had problems with ENB, using Tims natural ENB from REX ATM- will go back to Sweet FX as it can be changed instantly wthin FSX. Vanilla FSX just doesnt cut it anymore....

spacer.png

MSI Codex 5 10SC-262UK Desktop PC - Intel Core i7-10700, RTX 2060 Graphics, 16GB RAM, 2TB HDD, 256GB SSD.