Sign in to follow this  
HighTowers

777 GSX Pushback Error Bug?

Ok just had the weirdest thing happen. Not sure what to make of it. Its happened twice but the first time I never took pics. 

Its a pushback with GSX, but I dont think that is the problem.  First pic I checked to make sure all is ok. Beacon light is on, but it doesnt flash. Didnt think much of it. Maybe it was the angle. 2nd pic is after pushback and engine start. All seems normal. I take a look outside to be sure all is clear, and see whats in the pic. GPU and chalks are still connected and set. Huh?  I go and verify the CDU to make sure all ground connections are indeed disconnected and indeed they were. So I check the other CDU just in case, and sure enough nothing there either. Another check outside, and the engines are on, good start, but on visually seeing them they arent spooling. 

It was corrected by saving the situation and reloading it and all was normal, but any rhyme or reason this would happen? 

Apologize for the weird zoom level that i forgot to change for outside view. 

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

Did you change liveries while loaded in the sim between one 777-200LR and another? ie from Delta to Air Canada, without shutting down the sim or selecting a different aircraft first?

If so, have a look at your engines too, the spinner isn't there and the fan blades look all wierd.

Now that you have done so, don't change liveries without ending flight again. :D

(Choosing a different plane, ie a Default Leajet or even the 777-200F between 2 of the same type, will avoid the problem in most cases.)

if this is not what happened, support ticket at PMDG.

Did you change liveries while loaded in the sim between one 777-200LR and another? ie from Delta to Air Canada, without shutting down the sim or selecting a different aircraft first?

If so, have a look at your engines too, the spinner isn't there and the fan blades look all wierd.

Now that you have done so, don't change liveries without ending flight again. :D

(Choosing a different plane, ie a Default Leajet or even the 777-200F between 2 of the same type, will avoid the problem in most cases.)

if this is not what happened, support ticket at PMDG.

No, I did not change liveries. It was a direct load from the free flight. 

But I didnt include the shot with the engines looking directly at them. They werent actually spinning even though it was a good start engines. Advanced animations is indeed on. Funny you mentioned that. 

This was posted here because I understood the pinned issues thread to mean to post an issue here rather than a bunch of support tickets. 

CYVR LSZH 

But I didnt include the shot with the engines looking directly at them. They werent actually spinning even though it was a good start engines. Advanced animations is indeed on. Funny you mentioned that. 

This was posted here because I understood the pinned issues thread to mean to post an issue here rather than a bunch of support tickets. 

i have the same problem!!!!

look the picture.

the same witz lufthansa fictional.

Strange one  I haven't  any  troubles  using  gsx  at all with the t7

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Not so sure its GSX. The GPU and chalks are a total function and control of the 777 and GSX does not have any control of it.

CYVR LSZH 

Oddly enough, I've just had this same thing happen to me twice now. Same livery, Emirates. First time it happened I thought I had done something wrong, so shut down FSX.

Today, same aircraft livery, same GPU and chocks in but as can be seen from the attached images, I clearly selected to remove the chocks. And yes, pushback with GSX and this showed up immediately after the push-truck pulled away. Weird.

At first I thought I was going loopy, but now I see others here with same issues.

Hopefully, there is a solution somewhere.

At first I thought I was going loopy, but now I see others here with same issues.

My sentiments exactly

CYVR LSZH 

Hello gents,

Could this be a conflict between pmdg own ground operations settings?

Regards

Andreas Hoevel

Oddly enough, just like Dave, after that fiasco, I just shut down the sim, re-booted the computer, went back to an older version of GSX rather than the last two Updates(there is another thread on the same theme elsewhere here), back to the same airport( the Tutorial's Aerosoft VRMM), loaded the same flight, and ran GSX. Guess what? No chocks, or GSU issue. Currently in a flight VRMM-OMDB. All running smoothly

Moreover, in the recently-Updated GSX, when asking to board passengers, I could not hear the FA welcoming those pax. After reverting to an older GSX, that welcome was there. And that push-back did not throw up a wobbler.

From now onwards. I'm going to give those Couatl Updates a total miss.

Interesting. Although time will have to tell, because it didnt happen to me everytime. Just did a flight and it didnt happen. What does GSX have to do with connecting the GPU and putting the chalks in, when its an independant operation of the aircraft? In fact they wont even push unless they are removed by the user. Thats whats weird

CYVR LSZH 

In fact they wont even push unless they are removed by the user. Thats whats weird

That's precisely the point. I disconnected the GSU and chocks and got the GSX tug to push back. All okay so far. But when the tug marshaller calls for the brakes to go on and disconnects the tug, instantly that GSU and chocks go in. That's the weird part of it, as I'm fully aware that logically GSX should have nothing to do with the way the T7 operates.

the missing engine interrior model or texture or whatever is missing when it happens, it happens also without GSX installed, you just need to change your livery often enough it seams. Take into account, it needed on my sys arround 10 changes of the livery or 777 plane, after departing from an heavy addon airport and finaly landing on such one. i bed this is a memorry issue and one of the first signs of a upcomming OOM. The very high texture size or quality of the liverys  (yes those 16mb monsters) are not to underrate.

PMDG-DC-6-banner.jpg

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you are not to load a complex aircraft directly from the free flight menue. Have you tried to load a default plane, then change to the 777? Just like the ngx.