Sign in to follow this  
Amaury06

No landing gear, no control over the switches etc,etc..

Ok folks, here's what has kept me awake for 2 days in a row. :Hypnotized:  First let me start by saying that this is not a pirate copy of he product.

Any help will be grately appreciated.

1.- Everytime I select the aircraft I get the activation code prompt but then after the activation is succesful I get it again and again. Also I've noticed that once the aircraft is loaded is not doing the system start-up sequence like it does on the 737.

2.- When the aircraft loads it does so with the landing gear retracted (it literally hovers)

3.- All panels are dark and all switches are unresponsive, including the landing gear lever of course which appears in the UP position and may I add that sometimes the engines are running.

Thanks

Might be some problem with the activation? UAC protections? Admin rights? Running FSX as admin etc.

Submit a ticket? The activation code prompt request coming up all the time can only mean a problem with that. I reccon the rest of the problems are related.

No user here is going to be able to help your issue. If you're constantly getting activation errors, you need to submit a ticket request at the pmdg website and have your purchase info ready.

Rob Simmons

Ok folks, here's what has kept me awake for 2 days in a row. :Hypnotized:  First let me start by saying that this is not a pirate copy of he product.

Any help will be grately appreciated.

1.- Everytime I select the aircraft I get the activation code prompt but then after the activation is succesful I get it again and again. Also I've noticed that once the aircraft is loaded is not doing the system start-up sequence like it does on the 737.

2.- When the aircraft loads it does so with the landing gear retracted (it literally hovers)

3.- All panels are dark and all switches are unresponsive, including the landing gear lever of course which appears in the UP position and may I add that sometimes the engines are running.

Thanks

I'm having the exact same issue, but I was never asked by FSX for an activation code and theres nowhere for me to put mine in manually. Have you managed to solve this? I've tried all sorts but I've had to submit a support ticket in the end.

Cheers,

Sam

You sure the activation window isn't hiding behind FSX?

I wish it was that simple, but I can't find the activation window anywhere

I wish it was that simple, but I can't find the activation window anywhere

Did you use a tweaking guide that had you disable services?

Kyle Rodgers

Did you use a tweaking guide that had you disable services?

I am not sure what a tweaking guide is, but my FSX is very simple at the moment (Had to do a clean install due an unrelated issue), all I have is FSX acceleration running as administrator with easydock and the 777

PROBLEM SOLVED !! It was such a silly issue: The date and time in my BIOS was incorrect (I recently did an upgrade) and therefore the activation code was not allowed to get confirmed  due to the discrepancy of the date of purchase and the date showing in my system. LOL !!! I wanted  to kill myself after spending so much time racking my brains and doing several re-installs of FSX

LOL !!! I wanted  to kill myself after spending so much time racking my brains and doing several re-installs of FSX

Don't do that or you really won't be able to enjoy the 777  :blink:

What do you mean by The date and time in my BIOS was incorrect? I have the same problem and would like to sove it.

Thanks

Al

Sounds like the computer thought the date was "in the past" ie before the 777 was released. Therefore the Activation couldn't continue till the 777 is going to have been was released in the future last month.

What do you mean by The date and time in my BIOS was incorrect? I have the same problem and would like to sove it.

Thanks

Al

When you boot your machine from being turned completely off, you can press F2 or whatever key is required to enter your SYSTEM BIOS (built-in operating system = BIOS).  This is where you configure PC options, like the BOOT DEVICE ORDER (Typically CD/DVD first, then your Hard disk drive, some higher end machines have further boot time options as well), and things like OVERCLOCKING OPTIONS, whether or not you want RAID (Redundant Array of Inexpensive Drives) or SATA operation on your hard disk drives, and so forth.

There are basic setup options as well, things like NUMLOCK on or off, and of course, the SYSTEM DATE and SYSTEM TIME.  PC's have a coin-battery that is designed to 'remember' the time and date whenever you power it off or even unplug the device from AC Power.  Periodically, these little coin batteries run down and need replacement, be careful not to break the flimsy clip holding them into their mounting socket.

Your system date and time,  if incorrect, can cause licensing or other activation issues with software that checks against these values to authenticate different software products.  The OP (original poster) in this thread apparently had this exact problem, and was remarking how sometimes the little things can blow long hours of head-scratching, and trial-and-error frustration attempting to resolve assorted PC problems.

If all the lost manhours that have been spent on PC maintenance could be quantified at a minimum value of just $3 per hour, the sum total of money that figure would represent would be in the Trillions, worldwide.

Put another way, if all those hours were translated into actual PC operating time, we could cure cancer, eliminate dependence on fossil fuels, re-invent the wheel, and send women into space.  That last idea has a certain amount of appeal on several levels, particularly if it were a one-way ticket.

R. Scott McDonald  B738/L   Information is anecdotal only-without guarantee & user assumes all risks of use thereof.                                               

RQbrZCm.jpg

KqRTzMZ.jpg

Click here for my YouTube channel