Sign in to follow this  
bumpywindshear

Req: PMDG 777 Sounds continue playing if FSX is not in focus

Dear Dev-Team,

would it be possible enjoying the PMDG 777 sounds if iam viewing some charts or use some other tools while flying (fsx isnt in focus anymore) ?

...i purchased this impressive tool to be able for the FSX sounds (sounds using fsx to playback) http://www.flight1.com/products.asp?product=soundstream , but unfortunable the PMDG special cockpit sounds arent covered using Flight1 SoundStream.

i know addons like Flightsim Labs Concorde special sounds ignore fsx focus and continue playing, so ithink it isnt a big deal to have that also for the PMDG 777 enabled ?

Sincerely,

JG

PMDG-DC-6-banner.jpg

Hi Kyle,

thx for the head up, it seams it would be a good idea, having an FMC option, if the PMDG special sounds should play always or just if FSX have focus. Atm the T7 engine sounds continue while all the special cockpit sounds are muted if fsx isnt in focus. This way all could benefit. ^_^

...this nice feeling beeing there, sitting in a PMDG 777 cockpit listening to this immersive sounds... ...but noooo what, you have to press that button in that other tool running in the background, you dont want that and are fighting against it but finaly you have to, it takes you out of your nice immersive plane, destroying all your dreams and nice feelings  :( sooo sad.

JG

PMDG-DC-6-banner.jpg

I'd much rather not have the 777 sounds, if FSX is not in focus. On long trips etc., I sometimes minimize FSX and do some other stuff on my computer, .. or on my other Screen. (Watching a movie, TV show etc..) :rolleyes:

Having the 777 playing continuously, whilst I'm busy with something else, .. would be extremely annoying. :angry:

If it's an option than one can turn off or on, .. then fine.

... otherwise .. No!

Thanks

Cheers

Tom

...sounds could also be muted by simply using the default FSX "Q" button (mute sounds), doing that atm, all sounds are muted, the special PMDG and FSX controled sounds.

Of course it would be nice if the "Q functionalty" could still be usable for all sounds, if the code has changed and the special PMDG cockpit sounds are allowed to continue if FSX is not in focus.

JG

PMDG-DC-6-banner.jpg

Actually here's the weird thing, this has happened many times with me. When I am on FS main screen before clicking FLY NOW, when I select new aircraft and get a list aircrafts to fly I hear PMDG 777 ambience sound playing.........The sound goes away when I am back on main FS screen.

Bilal Asif Khan

JG,

I will ask - no guarantees though. I'd have thought F1 Sound Stream would cause our sounds to keep playing though.

It does to a point (both 777 and 737). The JS41 works perfectly with sound stream but for some reason only the engine sounds work on the 777 and NGX, all other sounds get muted out on un-focus

I'd much rather not have the 777 sounds, if FSX is not in focus. On long trips etc., I sometimes minimize FSX and do some other stuff on my computer, .. or on my other Screen. (Watching a movie, TV show etc..) :rolleyes:

Having the 777 playing continuously, whilst I'm busy with something else, .. would be extremely annoying. :angry:

If it's an option than one can turn off or on, .. then fine.

... otherwise .. No!

Thanks

Cheers

Tom

The Q (mute) button would solve that! :wink: I tend to tab out quite a look to work with charts / flight planning / other stuff so it becomes quite annoying hearing the sounds come off and on all the time