Sign in to follow this  
Alec

Any solution for using FSUIPC calibration throttle calibration?

I have my Joysticks calibrated through FSUIPC, FSX Controller is disabled. The issue is that when I move my throttle past Idle, it goes back to Idle, no way to override it, only if I disable the A/T ARM Switch, then I have full control of the Throttles.

I guess I will have to use FS Controller for the Throttle and the FSUIPC calibration for the Pitch and Roll Axis.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Alexis Mefano

Some people have had success only assigning through fsuipc, but not calibrating. I didnt try that yet. I did what you did and went through fsx

I don't know if it has anything to do with what controllers being used, but I have everything (including my throttles) assigned and calibrated through FSUIPC with no issues at all.

Just set up as per Simsamurai tutorial and it worked.

Regards.

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I had the same issue and solved it:

I use FSUIPC to calibrate the throttles and program several buttons. The throttles are important because I like the possibility of using the reverses directly from my CH Throttle Quadrant.

Having that part setup correctly, and working well with the A/T switches OFF, I was also experiencig the problem where they'd advance a little on my command, but were immediately retarded to idle if the AT was ON.

Due to the requirements of Airbus X, I had "cleaned" all the throttle axis from the Throttle Quadrant in FSX's control settings. I reprogrammed them, assigning each throttle its correct axis on FSX's control settings menu.

This solved the issue with the 777 and it works perfectly now!

Hope it works for you too.

I will try that and let you know!

Thanks

Alexis Mefano

It says right in the t7 manual not to map your controls thru fsuipc because the issues your describing

John C

What so you are not using FSUPIC now to activate reverse etc or map your throttles?

I have the little module from the FSUPIC site, that allows you to pull them back and then it kicks the throttles into a reverser, so you can then advance them but will now control the amount of reverse, which a great little module. It works flawlessly with the 777 - aslong as you have kicked the AT arm switches to off, just deactivating auto throttle still gives you the jumping throttles.

What my perception is, is that its trying to sync the throttles(i already have a fspuic module that does that). because if you advance one rapidly and it breaks far enough away from the other it wont jump back.

Its a bit annoying, and until someone finds a solution (i dont want to revert to FSX controlling axis as it doesn't do it very well) I'll just kill the AT switch for landings.

What I have done to solve it the rest of the time, is I have two SAITEK throttle quads(so 6 levers) - so I have two levers mapped to throttle 1 and throttle 2 - but then a 3rd lever that is just mapped through FSPUIC to Throttle, controls both engines. using that one for takeoff/taxi etc and you dont get the jumping at all even with the switches on.

It says right in the t7 manual not to map your controls thru fsuipc because the issues your describing

Yes it says that in the NGX Manual to - but we got round that. Issue is that to have some of the more realistic features when using hardware fspuic is the only way to go. Using FSX then to go to reverse you either got to hit the f2 key lots, or map a joystick button to repeat the f2 key, which isnt very accurate or realistic. Also FSPUIC you can sync the throttles both in the interface to account for the noise you get on hardware throttles, and also run the LUA script that will also sync them better. If you just use FSX you forever trying to ensure that you got them together, and not ending up with asymmetric thrust - it the one of the reasons FSPUIC came about because of this issue with FSX and its rather naff joystick interfaces and ability to map buttons etc.