Sign in to follow this  
FS737Pilot

777 freezing

twice now in the same hour I've had 2 freezes and have had to end FSX. I've probably flown 4 transatlantics and a few mess around flights with no problems. What might be the problem? Everything seems to be up to date. 

Just a note: I updated the PMDG Continental Livery and both of these flights were in Continental when the freezes happened.

• Upvote 1

Yeah I get the freezes also - no CTD still playing sound etc - but FSX totally unresponsive - RAAS is still saying to me I'm on a runway - but FSX totally frozen. leaving it to see if it comes out of it.

Ive done various flights - but then every now and then I get the freeze.

At one stage every time I went to take off - Id apply throttle, and then as engines spooling up and I'm approaching about 80kts it would freeze, had this occur 3 times. 

DIdnt the NGX have this issue at one point to!

There part of me that thinks it got something to do with loading of sound files.

Hmmm, I occasionally experienced this when flying the pmdg 747.

FSX would freeze for about 5 minutes and then suddenly come alive again. The problem seems to have gone away now. I suspect it was a result of fooling around with various config file settings.

I have also been having this issue. Just did a fresh install of everything, updated video drivers, and still experience freezing. Help!

I've only had one freeze with her so far that I attribute to the airplane and that was when I flew from St. John's to Keflavik. I was too high on the approach and pressed TOGA. I literally heard the button click and it was like insta-freeze. Had to close the sim, it never came back unfortunately.

Thanks!
Nick Crate
Chief Executive Officer
FedEx Virtual Air Cargo

You should check this thread http://forum.avsim.net/topic/419195-short-pauses-and-occasional-ctd-with-no-error-message-possible-fix/#entry2785860

Download that utility, test it, and report to PMDG.

It could be related to realtek driver, but i think some freezing could be related to Ezdok camera, which seems not to like time compression. investigation is underway...  ^_^

Same issue for me as well, has happened about 5 times in about 3 hours of flight.

spacer.png

Same issue here. Freezes for several minutes and then "un-freezes" on its own for about half an hour then repeats the same process. 

I don't have EZDok or anything of the sort , no modifications to the .cfg either and it only happens with the B777LRF. 

It looks as though PMDG is investigating the problem. 

Yes, I have had the same issue when I was flying to Hawaii on a 7 hour flight.  FSX would freeze for about 15 secs.  I would not touch the screen and then my flight would resume with out problems.  It has happened 20 or more times.  I have EZdok which I don't think it would cause it.  I also have the MD-11 from PMDG and it works just fine on long hauls.

Yes, I have had the same issue when I was flying to Hawaii on a 7 hour flight.  FSX would freeze for about 15 secs.  I would not touch the screen and then my flight would resume with out problems.  It has happened 20 or more times.  I have EZdok which I don't think it would cause it.  I also have the MD-11 from PMDG and it works just fine on long hauls.

For me the EZdok freezes after using the auto cruise. Maybe the PMDG has a problem with EZDOK and causes different freezes?

I'm having the same issue. Never had it before the T7 install.

Went through all the tweaks in all the posts regarding this but no success. Have an open ticket thats.... just open...

.... Uninstalled all the add-ons methodically. Uninstalled FSX  and made certain no traces left behind in the FSX folder under AppData\Microsoft. That folder removed.

Installed FSX, SP-1, SP2, add-ons - only UT, AS2012, aircraft - and it so happens I only have PMDG aircraft addons - so the 747X, 7478i/F, MD-11, 737NGX w service pack, and finally 777. I did not install the airports I have. Just wanted to do a raw test.

Loaded latest Nav data, etc. And loaded a T7 flight from KMEM - EDDF. Two hours into flight, no issues, and then BAM! It freezes! 

And I'm tired now, I spent this last weekend trying all the tweaks late into the nights, and that's it now. I'm going to go through the whole un-install of FSX one time and NOT going to install the T7 till they fix it. I want to remove all traces of T7 from FSX. I'll wait for a service pack update from PMDG.

It's a lovely aircraft for sure and I'm getting great frames - 35 to 50 FPS in VC and 85 - 100+ in Spot Views and external. And I'm sure lots of complex programming is involved in producing these results. I'm hoping the support team realizes that this problem is for real - and needs a close look.

-Jay

• Upvote 5

Hi,

Well, .. I don't use any addons at all, .. have flown the 777 >20 hours now, .. and haven't had a single freeze at all.

Oh, .. maybe the occasion split second pause, .. when textures are loading etc., but that's it.

Maybe I'm just lucky ... :rolleyes:

Cheers

Tom