Sign in to follow this  
FS737Pilot

777 freezing

Hi,  Having read the foregoing Posts with interest and all the variations given, I wondered if this info would be of interest to those with problems.  I have Intel i.7 4930K CPU and Nvidia 770GTX card. both straight out the box.  Windows Experience Index Assesses my PC at 7.8 the Max scale being 7.9.  While using FSX my virus scanning etc. is unabled and isolated.  The overall result, from my situation, is no problems with OOms CTDs or freezing with PMDG aircraft. Its a breeze.  Richard Welsh.

Fixed! :shok:

Reset everything in my bios and its perfectly stable now. My overclock was stable tested with prime95 but still FSX freeze.

Last time I lowered my overclock but a full reset to basic setting did the trick.

So anybody with freezes for 10 minutes check your overclock. Your overclock can be perfectly stable in tests and other games but FSX is the real test :P

I'm off Flying :p0502:

Awsome :-) Now this does not mean you cant overclock at all.....it just means that even those load test are not the same as a dayly used tested in combat PC. Just take it slow with overclocking.

I had a similar problem once (FSX crashes but all else fine) and reducing the memory clock just a nodge did the trick!

Rob Robson

Hi Folks,

I had initially no problems at all with freezing until I progressed to long haul flights. Then I encountered issues with every flight. I emailed PMDG and they replied quite promptly that, in their opinion, I was experiencing OOM issues and that the best course of action was to turn TRAFFIC and AUTOGEN settings down to the minimum and then gradually increase these settings until the problem (freezing) returns. I have followed this advice and although my settings are still quite low, The freezing problem has not reoccurred for four flights now.

I am not running an overclocked system and I don't have a lot of scenery installed at the moment.

If freezing reoccurs then I'll drop a note here.

I really have found the pauses are a direct correlation with rendering and processing things that don't matter when you are at 35,000 feet: cars, boats, trees, ground details, high-resolution terrain and autogen..... Turn them all low, save a config that way, name it 777, done. Then just load that prior to loading the plane at start.

I can say that I have tried everything in this thread , everything ! Also was getting the same freeze with FS labs Concorde. To be very clear this issue is about the sim just freezing solid with sound. It unfreezes between 5 and 20 minutes. When it unfreezes you have burned 5-20 minutes of fuel otherwise the sim just continues.I have triggered this freeze just by opening the windows task manager. If you monitor the CPU usage 2 or 3 cores of the CPU are pegged to the max until it clears up. I created a couple saved flights that I could reproduce the issue every time, then guess what , the freeze goes away for good ! Haven't seen it in a while. I think setting the affinity mask in fsx.cfg may be the answer here but I haven't proven it yet.

Eric W 

Hi Gentleman,

I disabled autosave in FSUIPC and solved all hesitations, hickups, latencies problems! Now my T7 works like the MD-11. Would highly recommend a dayly defrag with the program MyDefrag 4.1 (Only one that does an honest job, it's free) before any flight. Really worth it...

Hi Gentleman,

I disabled autosave in FSUIPC and solved all hesitations, hickups, latencies problems! Now my T7 works like the MD-11. Would highly recommend a dayly defrag with the program MyDefrag 4.1 (Only one that does an honest job, it's free) before any flight. Really worth it...

I tired that and it has not worked for me. 

Mike Keigley

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I tired that and it has not worked for me.

So what have you tried to prevent eeeeeh.....freezes?.....CTD?

(I did not see a post of yours on this page and did not go back through all 6 pages of this thread to find out if you have posted before. Sorry)

Rob Robson

So what have you tried to prevent eeeeeh.....freezes?.....CTD?

(I did not see a post of yours on this page and did not go back through all 6 pages of this thread to find out if you have posted before. Sorry)

I quoted the post about disabling FSUIPC auto save as a possible solution. I am not trying to muddle the topic. Its my first post on this issue but I have been following the topic since the beginning and I have tried some of the suggestions and none have worked. In fact I am staring at a freeze this second and hilariously before I could finish typing this it unfroze. It just seems when some users (like myself) are experiencing a frustrating issue like this people reach for a solution like disabling the autosave in FSUIPC. Its worth a try but my post intention was to point out that this is not the solution for everyone. I bet that if that was the issue PMDG would let us know through official channels that this was a temporary work around until they could add the fix to the SP.

Mike Keigley

I have been following the topic since the beginning and I have tried some of the suggestions and none have worked.

Ok. Well I suggest you try ALL of what has been suggested. Who know you might get lucky. There is also someone who fixed his problem by resetting FSX controls/keys assignments to default!

And PMDG is investigating as well.

Rob Robson

I am 95% sure that this issue is fixed by setting affinity mask = 14  ( quad core chip) for me anyway . The freeze/recover thing seems to happen if I remove that setting with the PMDG 777 and a few other planes.

Eric W

I am 95% sure that this issue is fixed by setting affinity mask = 14  ( quad core chip) for me anyway . The freeze/recover thing seems to happen if I remove that setting with the PMDG 777 and a few other planes.

Eric W

Its good to try all of these suggestions but I tried this as well and it did not work for me. I am glad it worked for you. 

Mike Keigley

Eric W

That is interesting!

May I ask, when you use AM=14, what does core 0 show for usage while you are running FSX (in % if you bring up task manager)?

core 0 should be sitting close to 0% because with AM you have moved FSX from core 0 to core 1 (besides core 2 and 3).

If core 0 is still taxed quite high (more than 10%) then that would indicate too many background processes are causing your problems.

Rob Robson

Hi All,

I´ve been following PMDG 777 freezing topics from beginning and haven´t completed a single flight without freeze since september until today. I´d also like to mention the computer is built only for FSX last august and there´s no non FSX related programs installed. So I was quite amazed T7 did not work at all when NGX flied flawlessly.

I haven´t count how many times I´ve tried tutorial flight with different settings etc. without success. But as mentioned before today was different.

What I did was installed new Nvidia drivers, 332.21 released last tuesday. During the installation process I usually untick everything else but PhysX. This time I installed HD Audio also. I´ve absolutely no idea how this could effect to freezing problem but based on one tutorial flight something has changed in a positive way.

Of course one successful flight doesn´t prove a thing but maybe someone else could try the same. I don´t know if I have enough courage to fly T7 again, disappointment would be too much if it freezes, again  :lol: 

Kimmo Killstrom