Sign in to follow this  
FS737Pilot

777 freezing

Nope, haven't tried AffinityMask.  But will try it and report back.  BTW, I flew the KLAX-PHNL route after posting the earlier message.  This was the 737-900 NGX.  No problem - smooth as silk.  Crazily frustrating!!  <_<

Just had an 11 minute freeze today on my first ever flight in this bird. Fuel seems to burn even during the freeze. It's just as well I packed too much fuel in. Very annoying but I have had it with the NGX a few times too.

Just had an 11 minute freeze today on my first ever flight in this bird. Fuel seems to burn even during the freeze. It's just as well I packed too much fuel in. Very annoying but I have had it with the NGX a few times too.

Seems to be hard to pin down. I used to get the issue with the NGX, pre 777, and I uninstalled UT2 and replaced it with MTX 5.4 and never seen the freeze again. ( I put it down to Simconnect flooding ) I have a lot of extra's using simconnect, so cannot say UT2 is at fault, but removing it did the trick.

But what worked for me, may not work for others. Some have found sound drivers the problem.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

I was constantly getting intermittent freezes when approaching airports after reading a thread that said changing the FPS Limit options to 15 for the PDF, ND, EICAS & MFD under Performance Options will improve FPS.

I have now changed all the pop-ups FPS back to infinite, but left the ones on the left of the FMC to 15 ... fingers crossed I won't get the intermittent freezes again.

Harry Sung

Reporting back.  Affinity Mask set to 14 may have helped.  I say that because I've flown several flight that were completed after setting AF, but they were quite "iffy" on landing.  It was very close to freezing up!

On a parallel thread ("Disappointed") I have posted my experiences with freezes.

In my case it seems (untill proven otherwis.....I am still testing) that the freezes are caused by the general load on core 0 of the CPU becomming too much.

I only have the PMDG777 and the OPUS weather engine installed in an otherwise vanilla FSX.

My PC is a dedicated FSX PC with good hardware.

No other software (not even an anti vir scanner) installed.

Win7 and FSX were installed fresh recently.

When I fly with with the PMDG777 and OPUS weather engine, I get freezes.

Up to several minutes.

If I just reduce ONE thing.....then all is fine!

When I disable all AI traffic, I do not get freezes.

or

When I do not use OPUS I do not get freezes.

or

When I move OPUS away from core 0 (so only on core 1,2 and 3) I do not get freezes.

I am not done testing so my results are not definitive.

But,

When you use affinity mask....that is the same.....you give FSX more CPU time.

Same with not using a certain scenery addon, or whatever.

It could very well just be a combo of things.....a different combo on every system!

I recommend moving a few things like utilities away from core 0 (with task manager).

And I recommend a light and clean OS with as little as possible background programs running that are also hitting core 0.

Would love to hear your results with that!

Rob Robson

This happened to me after I installed a new program such as cabiñ crew. No problems before with the freezing before that install.

Hi,

I was reading all comments about T7 problems and i had the same negative experience.

Has it been resolved?  

Because i am avoiding to use T7 for long haul flights. I am using only 747. I really wanna to use it, but, unfortunately, it is an untrusted software. I am filling upset with this situation.

Can someone help me with EZDOK.

When i apply trust, the camera shakes madly when switching into other views

hi guys,

I get the same issue, but it occurs everytime start a free flight. I click fly now, then FSX loads up normally and gets to 100 percent. When the PMDG 777 loads up and then instantly i freeze. Cant move, cant press ESC and then when I use task manager to force stop FSX, I get a massive black screen with just the bottom taskbar showing. Its really frustrating. My PMDG 737 NGX with Fs2Crew works without any issues. It just my PMDG 777, ever since i did the most recent update.

Help Please .....

A bit late, but anyway, I did the following solution and they worked for me, no more freezes/ crashes, blue loading screen, crash to desktop etc.

• Create a new FSX .cfg
  • Update FSUIPC to latest
  • Go to playback devices, click on your speakers, properties, advanced, in the "exlusive mode" box, untick all options of already ticked
  • Turn off autosave from FSUIPC

Done a transatlantic flight today, no freezes at all. Yesterday, prior to doing this, I had lost around 2 hours of freezes in total in my trip....

I'd thought I'd share my solutions , seeing that there weren't all written together, but spread in various threads and posts in many pages...

I guess I can now see one benefit of only ever taking very short' low altitude flights of 15 minutes or less in duration from takeoff to landing, with all my addon aircraft.

I have never once experienced the sudden "freeze" of the PMDG T7,  as described in this thread, and, looking over the reports, it does seem to be a problem that most frequently appears after many hours of flying time.  

Best regards from Tony, at the helm of the flying desk.

I have this stuttering / 1-5 second freezes with 777 quite a lot during flight. 

What have worked so far in 3rd hour of flight is reducing cloud layers to 4 in ASN.

Those freezes happen even though I have 80-100FPS so I guess it has something to do with texture loading.

I'll try lowering/rising Fiber_Frame_Time_Fraction and will report in some time.

Now it started happening in VC when I open a panel in 2D... :/

Pawel Grochowski

8LRyGFr.png  

I have this stuttering / 1-5 second freezes with 777 quite a lot during flight. 

What have worked so far in 3rd hour of flight is reducing cloud layers to 4 in ASN.

Those freezes happen even though I have 80-100FPS so I guess it has something to do with texture loading.

I'll try lowering/rising Fiber_Frame_Time_Fraction and will report in some time.

Now it started happening in VC when I open a panel in 2D... :/

Full names in the PMDG forums please.

One of the problems with jumping on a old thread is I have no idea what you have read in the thread up to now, and if you have tried any of the recommendations... afterall, there are 16 pages of discussion and recommendations.

If you are asking for help, please provide a little more information such as platform (FSX/FSXSE/P3D) and some background.

Dan Downs KCRP

Full names in the PMDG forums please.

One of the problems with jumping on a old thread is I have no idea what you have read in the thread up to now, and if you have tried any of the recommendations... afterall, there are 16 pages of discussion and recommendations.

If you are asking for help, please provide a little more information such as platform (FSX/FSXSE/P3D) and some background.

FSX:SE, 777 for most part but it happens with NGX sometimes as well just less.

FSX is pretty fresh install (under two weeks). I'm not gonna uninstall part of scenery like some suggest just to get two planes working while every other one works just fine. I made sure autosave is off, audio given exclusivity, no missing DLLs and etc.

My "fix" with ASN didn't work either.

I have a 4.5GHz devils canyon with GTX770, 16GB or ram and SSD. No bottlenecks here that can cause issues.

Pawel Grochowski

Pawel Grochowski

8LRyGFr.png