Sign in to follow this  
FS737Pilot

777 freezing

Pause for ~3 minutes crossing the pond. PMDG777X and AS2012 only running.

Cheers, Richard

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2 GHz, 16 GB memory, 1 TB SSD, GTX 1080 Ti, 28" 4K display

Win10-64, P3Dv5, PMDG 748 & 777, Milviz KA350i, ASP3D, vPilot, Navigraph, PFPX, ChasePlane, Orbx 

I've been plagued with pauses too, typically up to 5 minus in duration before everything resumes as normal. 

They are very erratic with some flights being pause-free while others get two or three. 

They nearly always occur 30 mins or so into the flight when the 777 is at cruise level.

Initially I suspected that OPUS was the culprit but I've pretty much ruled that out now.

Doesn't happen with any other aircraft and I have to say it's pretty darn frustrating.

Would be nice to think that a fix is on the way. :rolleyes:

Frank

I was able to track down the source of my crashes/freezes. For me I had an idea it was the sound stuff as I was getting freeze/stutter at ~5% N1 on engine start. I noticed that there is a change in sound at around that point. I know I recently downloaded a CODEC for GOM player that I uninstalled and then I checked the FSX in game sound device. Turns out my FSX was NOT setup for my headphones. I changed it over and I have not had any issues on my three successful flights. I doubt my fixes are the cure for everyone, but I did want to share something that worked for me.

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

Just had a torrid time into EGLL. 777 freezes about every 5 mins, so my hunch is that the position save (set to 5 mins) is causing this. I also suspect that my constant Squawkbox 4 disconnects are due to its detecting a loss of activity in the 777. Makes online approach to EGLL extremely difficult to handle.

Only a hunch, though.

Cheers, Richard

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2 GHz, 16 GB memory, 1 TB SSD, GTX 1080 Ti, 28" 4K display

Win10-64, P3Dv5, PMDG 748 & 777, Milviz KA350i, ASP3D, vPilot, Navigraph, PFPX, ChasePlane, Orbx 

I didn't had much trouble in my first flights with the 777 but now it seems to hang every flight for some time (5 till 10 minutes).

The first time it happened I was on a OMDB-KSFO route over Greenland and restarted FSX (Killing FSX). I thought it was caused by REX because that was the first time I used it again and the next flight it happened as well but todays flight was without REX.

At least now I know that if you don't touch the sim it won't crash.

I didn't had much trouble in my first flights with the 777 but now it seems to hang every flight for some time (5 till 10 minutes).

The first time it happened I was on a OMDB-KSFO route over Greenland and restarted FSX (Killing FSX). I thought it was caused by REX because that was the first time I used it again and the next flight it happened as well but todays flight was without REX.

Mine starts freezing over Greenland, too!

Flying KJFK-VHHH, she hums along nicely until somewhere over Greenland, then I see repeated freezes lasting 5 to 15 minutes, but if I let it go it eventually seems to somehow settle down after heading south over Asia and then I don't see any more freezes until the end of the flight.  I've been wondering whether the length of the flights I've been attempting has something to do with this.  It only seems to start when I'm a good 5 or 6 hours into a 15+ hour flight.

I've tried disabling all my extras, including FSUIPC autosave, Opus weather and UT2, but still get the freezes.

Another thing I tried was to delete my Logbook.bin file.  I found some old forum messages indicating that it could be a source of freezes.  That hasn't cured the problem, either, although at first it seemed that I was getting the freezes less frequently.

Frustrating.

Alan Davies

Also, I've noticed that the 777 continues to burn fuel while in this frozen state.  When my freezes end, the plane has not moved during the duration of the freeze, but there is less fuel on board.

I wish I knew what that meant.

Alan Davies

At least now I know that if you don't touch the sim it won't crash.

don't be so sure. I just froze mid pacific about 2 hrs into a klax-yssy.

Took off, monitoring VAS which never got above 2.1gb. Was watching TV for around an hour.

Freeze to white screen not responding without interacting with the pc at all for a little over an hour.

FSUIPC autosave was the culprit on my machine.  I disabled autosave after about the 3rd flight and have not had a single freeze since.

Chris Sunseri

Unfortunately, although it seems to have helped some people, disabling autosave did not stop my freezes.

Alan Davies

Any of you running REX? I had this issue as well, stopped using REX the freezing stopped. I'll check for REX updates and see if I can use it on long haul flights.

Cheers,

Todd

Using  rexe here  with no issues

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg