Sign in to follow this  
DANEQ99

PMDG 777 Weather Radar

Yes what you would call a normal answer but you have to understand this topic has been beaten to death. dozens of threads in the last couple months alone. Every aircraft release its beaten again. Save yourself the pain of feeling attacked and search first. With this topic and a few others you don't even have to use the search function. They are on every page of the PMDG forums.

Wut.

Dane Quartel 

Is there a way to get the weather radar working.

Dane Quartel

On a similar note how do I get the EFB in the pmdg 777 to work? ::runs and hides::

Chris H

Disclaimer: Question is tongue in cheek

While we are at it, a few other topics to not ask about as well as some things to avoid:

Is PMDG going to make an airbus?

Why hasn't PMDG made an airbus?

747V2 release date

Any aircraft release date

"Pre Buying" of any aircraft

Rain effects in the VC

Arbitrary animations in the cockpit like opening windows, shade, cockpit door etc.

EFB in the T7

"But CS did XYZ on their airplane..."

Comparing in any way shape or form CS products with PMDG products

Something doesn't work on the NGX/T7 like "I" THINK it should work so it must be a bug

I'm having XYZ problem with the NGX/T7... "Did you read the manuals?" No. "Read the manuals"

Not reading the manuals

Assuming the NGX and T7, while both Boeing aircraft, are in any way alike in their systems, handling, or FMSs

Asking questions before doing a generalized search to see if there was possibly another topic on it

These are just a few I can think of off the top of my head, I'm sure there are more. This is in no way giving you a hard time, or being ugly. While true, it is actually meant to be funny. Incidentally, I'm confused why PMDG hasn't sticky'd a FAQ thread with all these questions and more plus their "official" answers to them. Then we could say..."read the FAQ before you post anything".

Wut.

Just trying to explain why people asking the same questions hundreds of times will feel attacked. Short answer, search the forum.

Richie Walsh

Just trying to explain why people asking the same questions hundreds of times will feel attacked. Short answer, search the forum.

So you mean I should ask tomorrow. Okay.

Dane Quartel 

It amazes me how badly you treat new pilots who ask legitimate questions.  Shame on you.  You call yourselves Captains.

Nope, don't call myself Captain. Then again what would that have to do with people starting the same threads over and over? We should hold their hands and help them when they won't help themselves?

Richie Walsh

i think its all on page 66 of the FCOMV1 here is how mine looks..

1z145g7.jpg

Image removed as image is no longer available.

i think its all on page 66 of the FCOMV1 here is how mine looks..

Brilliant lol!

Brilliant lol!

lol  , please tell me you went and look at page 66???

Image removed as image is no longer available.

LOL , I shoulda looked closer before wasting 10 mins of my life I will never get back

ZORAN

Dont take it personally. Things can get rather harsh here on a silly question. Welcome to avsim and using PMDG products. The best in FSX simulation. 

As for the answer, the search button helps alot, but in short, PMDG will not implement any kind of weather radar even though others seemingly do. This is because it cannot be simulated properly as FSX cant really detect rain very well with a radar. 

Seems some people have to change their mind about realistic weather radar if you read the announcement of the new version of Active Sky (will be named Active Sky Next ASN):

http://www.hifitechinc.com/forums/showthread.php?1147-The-next-version-of-Active-Sky&p=5407&viewfull=1#post5407

Especially the following part seems interesting and contradicts every statement given that a realistic weather radar is not possible in aircraft flying FSX:

Now that we know where the clouds are, we decided to make a detailed accurate NEXRAD radar precipitation overlay for both the Map and the included radar gauge. Real radar simulation.. not generic station-based imagery. You see the cloud, you see the rain cell, and when you enter it, it's all synchronized. Thread the needle between cells. Realistic avoidance procedures. This overlay data is also coming soon to aircraft NDs as we are working on an interface of our radar data to aircraft developers.

With the last sentence it is the aircraft developers turn to implement the weather radar once ASN is out and the interface is available too.

Regards

Ralf

I'm waiting for wingflex mysef

Yes...someone needs to make a flying weather radar with giant wings that flex like crazy.