Sign in to follow this  
phrgflyer

Tutorial #2 ?

I have flown the first tutorial and am now flying the beautiful lady.  Now just waiting to  find tutorial #2, before I get jumped on :wub: , I know that it is early in the release cycle. 

But just wondering and wanting to find out more about this great aircraft. :lol:  :ph34r:

Harry Nelson

I have flown the first tutorial and am now flying the beautiful lady.  Now just waiting to  find tutorial #2, before I get jumped on :wub: , I know that it is early in the release cycle. 

But just wondering and wanting to find out more about this great aircraft. :lol:  :ph34r:

I admire your enthusiasm :smile: and great to hear it's going well.

I too don't want to get jumped on - but have you digested the 1200 page fcom. Just saying.... there may be some hidden gems in there :smile:  

Cheers

but have you digested the 1200 page fcom. Just saying.... there may be some hidden gems in there

Not finished, but am about 1/3 of the way through.

Too bad, cannot print out the FCOM.

Harry Nelson

Sorry to bump such an old thread. Just wanted to know if there will be a tutorial 2 in the service pack, I think I recall a second tutorial being mentioned at the end of the first one.

Thank you,

It's not going to make the service pack, sorry. Hopefully by the end of the year though. (remember I do these on my own time and free time's not something I've had a lot of in the past year unfortunately)

Tutorial 1 was updated for SP1 though given the changes to the FBW, assumed temp takeoffs etc.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Will there be any further info in the original tutorial regarding the new Data Link and Wx radar?

Hi Ryan,

Tutorial #1 was very beneficial to me as a newcomer to the liner world.

I understand you have to postpone Tutorial #2.

But please do not cancel it.

- TONY -

Will there be any further info in the original tutorial regarding the new Data Link and Wx radar?

No - but there's an SP1 Supplement section we wrote at the end of the Introduction and Use manual that explains how to use those features in detail.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

It's not going to make the service pack, sorry. Hopefully by the end of the year though.

I also am looking forward to it.

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

Me as well.  Until then, UTube has plenty.  AOA is you wanna PAY for such.

spacer.png

PMDG is very good in making great aircraft simulations and copy boeing manuals. Also in doing some introduction, making of's and one tutorial for newcomers (and also some blabla in intro). Unfortunately the documentation is not what I do expect. Don't get me wrong, but as pmdg drives the benchmark in simulation I (and personally me!) is expecting they do the same manual wise.

Just watch back to 747 type lession. It has ended with lesson #4 and the last sentences suggested that #5 will do some approaches. Nothing happened the last years. These manuals from real world stuff are the ones I am missing!

Tutorial #1 is pretty good. Tutorial #2 maybe good too. But if it is coming out end 2014 I think youtube simmers would've done some better tutorials. Because you are a pmdg employee I can not understand a shortage of time for "official tutorials" for the product because it's a marker of quality. And I'd bet there are some crew training videos avail some weeks or month later maybe from Airline2Sim... PMDG can't come up to their expectations done (it was wrong to even tell about a second tutorial).

Just my 2 cent's.

^ I spent months writing the Introduction and Tutorial #1 during development, as well as running the two test teams and overseeing the design of the Operations Center application. I'm sorry that isn't good enough for you, but my role here is much wider than just writing tutorials.

You're aware actual pilots don't get "tutorial" documents right? They get the official Boeing manuals (sometimes modified for their airline's specific procedures) and they study them prior to going to the simulator sessions. We give you those exact Boeing manuals - we didn't "copy" them either - we paid Boeing to be able to include them for our "pilots" just like an airline would. Have you read everything in them? The Flight Crew Training Manual in particular essentially tells you how to do most of the procedures you'd ever encounter in normal flight.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg