Sign in to follow this  
gcharrie

Airplane persistence (on the 777)

Hi,

I just discovered that failures (at least the ones generated by the service based failures) are persistent : when you restart FSX and the 777, then you still have the same failures (I just tested this with 'startup state'  option empty - I don't know if it works by using a non empty 'startup state').

This is GREAT !

(didn't noticed/checked this with the 737ngx)

One feature that I would like to be implemented in the PMDG is the whole plane persistence between 2 FSX executions. In particular the switch position persistence. To my opinion, this gives the preflights/ flight preparation more interesting :  if I always load the same panel state, I know all the switches are always on same position. I understand that in real life when a pilot enter a cockpit, some important swiches are always on the same position, but here I'm  thinking of  swiches related to display for example (map range, ...). And as I'm the previous pilot from the plane and we are in FSX,  the shutdown procedure may not be correctly done:-).

This would add a small 'plus' to the pre-flight.

BUT, I think I found a good way to do this (to be more tested - may not be perfect) :

I just discovered on internet that when you quit FSX with the CONTROL+C key (you quit without going back to the startup screen), FSX saves your flight in the PREVIOUS FLIGHT saved flight. So your panel state is saved in current state when exiting FSX.

So in your PMDG plane, just put PREVIOUS PLANE.FLT  as startup state !

And when you restart FSX, then chose the 777 and airport as you usually do; That's all. When you enter the cockpit the panel state is as you left it.

So that was just to share this with the community.

My solution may have some drawbacks (quitting while in flight and restarting on ground ?) but I will see while using it (at worst I just have to reload a default panel state)

Guillaume

------------------

Guillaume CHARRIER