Sign in to follow this  
jimmynes

Engine Generators

...so did you try it without the custom panel state or not?

The only way I can get it to work is if I go to the map through the menu and raise my altitude above ground level, then the engines start by themselves and everything works fine. After this I park the aircraft at the gate and cycle through many startup/shutdowns in every different panel state and it starts up just fine every time.

Jimmy Nestor

That still didn't quite answer my question...

When you load the 777, what state is it initially loading in?  If it's the default state, the engines are already running, so clearly you're loading it into either C/D (which has issues in it that could be causing your symptoms), your custom state, short, or long.  None of your posts have stated which, other than the one you quoted that says you've tried them all after the initial load (whatever that happens to be).

Kyle Rodgers

With the default state the engines are not running, least not for me anyway's. All panel states have been tried from startup, all with the same result. One thing I monitored yesterday was after I started the engines but before I initiated CTRL-E, the oil temperature was in the low 20's and after CTRL-E it rose up to mid to high 50's and only then would the engines respond and generators kick in.

And before you go looking Kyle, it's not in the manual!!

Jimmy Nestor

With the default state the engines are not running, least not for me anyway's.

Then you've changed it.  Until someone actually goes in and sets the default state, you will load engines running.  Look at the PMDG Setup > menu for the panel states.  What do you see for the default load state?

Screenshot would be best.

And before you go looking Kyle, it's not in the manual!!

I know...I helped write it.

_________^ Knowledge that's actually in the manual, however.

Kyle Rodgers

I uninstalled then reinstalled last night. First attempt after the reinstall I did nothing to change the default state and still engines were not running and still had the problem. I'll re run some tests and take screenshots of the startup phase.

Be back in a while.

Jimmy Nestor

I uninstalled then reinstalled last night.

Whyyyyyyyyyyyyy?  I hate that people suggest that so much here.

Sounds like you didn't follow the procedure outlined by PMDG for an uninstall/reinstall and are catching issues from the previous installation.

...which is why I get so up in arms when people say "just uninstall/reinstall."

Kyle Rodgers

Believe me, it's a final and last resort for me too. But I just thought I might have caught a snag on the first install. Wasn't a big deal anyway!

Jimmy Nestor

Wasn't a big deal anyway!

Your engine gen (etc) issues are probably the result of the reinstall.  The messed up default state probably is, at the very least.

Not sure how that's not a big deal...

Kyle Rodgers

The generators were a problem from the very start, before the reinstall and still persist to be a problem second time round.

Here we go. Notice the idle N1 with full throttle advanced and also the low oil

temperature.Generators fail to kick in even after ten minutes sitting there.

Now after the CTRL-E command all is well

Jimmy Nestor

The messed up default state probably is, at the very least.

I deleted all subsequent folders belonging to the 777 before reinstall so the default panel states were also all brand new.

Jimmy Nestor

Here we go. Notice the idle N1 with full throttle advanced and also the low oil
temperature.Generators fail to kick in even after ten minutes sitting there.

Cool.  Good to know.

Not what I asked for though...

Look at the PMDG Setup > menu for the panel states.  What do you see for the default load state?

Screenshot would be best.

Kyle Rodgers

I think this is the one you're looking for.

Yep.  That's the one.  Thanks.

Something's definitely interacting with something in the background.  Sounds like something is messing with the engines in general.  Do you have any hardware or external software controlling your fuel levers or throttles?

Kyle Rodgers