Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

How can RAAS be permanently disabled?...

I've searched this forum, and found a few references to  it, but no answer to this question, I believe... so, here it goes:

As far as my T7 install went, RAAS was flawlessly installed and is working perfectly - I just don't want it, and I do not want to re-install the T7 to get rid of it. When I installed the Aerosoft AXE I chose not to activate RAAS, I should have done it with this T7 :-/

Well, anyway, my questions are, and as usual I only use the PMDG livery with each PMDG add-on...:

1) In the CDU, I have an option to enable / disable RAAS. I can disable it here but...

2) There is also an entry in the DLL.XML, and that one will not go away with the change in the FMC, so I wonder if this add-on will still be occupying precious VAS space, even when disabled so...

3) I assume the best thing to do will be:

- To disable RAAS through the CDU, and maybe also through the OPs Center (?)

- To delete the RAAS entry in the DLL.xml confguration file

Am I correct?

Thanks for any help...

P.S.: She has a sexy voice, but get's irritating sometimes - don't they all???? Ok, 777 gilrl drivers... Shoot me!!!! :-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

This is how that entry in dll.xml looks like:

<Launch.Addon>
        <Name>RAASPRO</Name>
        <Disabled>False</Disabled>
        <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
        <Path>.\RAASPRO\RAASPRO.dll</Path>
        <DllStartName>module_init</DllStartName>
        <DllStopName>module_deinit</DllStopName>
    </Launch.Addon>

If you open dll.xml in some text editor (Notepad or Notepad++) and change the line:

<Disabled>False</Disabled>

to

<Disabled>True</Disabled>

It does as it says, Disable  that addon. It will not load it when you start FSX

Try it. It works I use it the whole time to disable things I do not use in fsx now and then.

Things works the same in exe.xml.

Or just delete the whole section above if you want to remove it forever.

Disable is a little better in case you want the sexy voice back. :wub:

/Per W

Sweden

Per W Sweden

Thx Per!

I was about to do it that way, but I feared it might have consequences if I do not also disable it in the 777 FMC, or through the OPs Center.

Anyway, just modified the entry in DLL.xml

Thx!

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

I had RAAS before I installed the T7. Got it with Aerosofts AB Extended but had it disabled in dll.xml . And in the T7 FMC setup it was enabled, nothing happend.

T7 just worked without any problem.

/Per

Per W Sweden

Ok!  Thx again Per!

Main Simulation Rig:

Huh? Disabling RAAS via the FMC is all that is required. Just make sure you re-save the panel state otherwise it will re-active on the next load as it is a livery configuration option, not a global option.

Best regards,

Robin.

I just don't see how RAAS can be causing OOM's.  You should be looking at other things if you have this issue.  I flew the PMDG777 from JFK to Vancouver both with FSDT scenery which we know is very heavy and the max the VAS got to was 3.7 but it never crashed.   I had AI traffic, REX textures, etc, etc.   The only thing I did differently was to use the Scenery Editor program to turn off all airports that I was not flying to in my route.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

I've never had RAAS cause any problems. I had the Pro version since it was released and never had any issues.

When I did the stability test with the 777 the other night (26 hours total running time, slewing around the world at 2000 kts) RAAS was installed and active, so if it was causing any problems, it should have crashed.

At the end of my test, VAS usage was the same as when I started.

If you are getting OOME, remove all AI and AutoGen for a start. I'm going to nake a seperate post regarding scenery, because there is an inadvertent memory leak issue with some scenery that is caused by landclass files.

Best regards,

Robin.

When I did the stability test with the 777 the other night (26 hours total running time, slewing around the world at 2000 kts) RAAS was installed and active, so if it was causing any problems, it should have crashed.

That kind of stability test is useless. Especially for finding out an OOM

I didn't say I had OOMs, or that I felt RAAS had a big footprint. 

It simply irritates me ...

Main Simulation Rig:

I did not have a problem to disable RAAS because it was D.O.A. with error message every time when I start FSX: Flight Simulator has detected a problem with a third-party software program (add-on):

Name: RAAS Professional

Version: 1.2.1.36

Company: FS2Crew

That kind of stability test is useless. Especially for finding out an OOM

LOL why??

Best regards,

Robin.

I just don't see how RAAS can be causing OOM's.

It's not RAAS per se causing OOMs. If not disabled via XML like mentioned above, then it will load into FSX system, and take about 100mb of memory. Disabling it like this leaves simply more memory free.

LOL why??

Best regards,

Robin.

Cause while slewing on FLwhatever your virtual size of the FSX stays the same. Its not (re-)loading any heavy scenery (e.g. FSDT Vancouver, FSDT KLAX). Take your 777X on a ride from FSDT KLAX to Vancouver, then we can talk again ;-)

Are you serious? It is not loading the scenery????? So all the "Please wait loading scenery" is just for show? What is that I'm looking at? Oh - it's add-on scenery.

2000 kts is only 800 kts faster than I fly Concorde at (to be more exact it is approx. Mach 3.3), and that causes scenery to load, so........ :mellow:

Best regards,

Robin.