Sign in to follow this  
AirborneZed

Anti Aliasing

Please, I need help on how to get SOME aa into DX10 preview. I'm looking to start using DX10, but man those jagged edges!!

I tried the setting for Nvidia inspector on the "How to" document. I've tried the Fsg cfg [MultiSamplesPerPixel=8] entry.

I get absolutely no change. It looks very terribly jagged. I've had the aa button ticked and un-ticked in fsx setting and no change.

What in the world am I doing wrong?

David Zambrano, CFII, CPL, IGI

I know there's a lot of money in aviation because I put it there. 

BetaTeamD.png

Sorry i dont have the solution but i have the same issue in DX9 with an ATI HD7970. NO AA what so ever. Thank god its soon all over with the DX10 Fixer. 

Hope you find the solution

Michael Moee

Please, I need help on how to get SOME aa into DX10 preview. I'm looking to start using DX10, but man those jagged edges!!

I tried the setting for Nvidia inspector on the "How to" document. I've tried the Fsg cfg [MultiSamplesPerPixel=8] entry.

I get absolutely no change. It looks very terribly jagged. I've had the aa button ticked and un-ticked in fsx setting and no change.

What in the world am I doing wrong?

Do you see those jagged lines in the start up windows in FSX, or in game while on a runway? Because in the start-up menu with the spinning aircraft, the AA doesn't kick in yet.

With DX10 you should always have AA ticked ON in FSX.

Do you see those jagged lines in the start up windows in FSX, or in game while on a runway? Because in the start-up menu with the spinning aircraft, the AA doesn't kick in yet.

With DX10 you should always have AA ticked ON in FSX.

Seems I was a bit impatient. It does work to an extent though. I considered dx10 as my new way of simming, but then I saw the graphical anomalies even with the dx10 patch.

I'm still a noob when it comes to dx10 compatibility, why do addon airport textures grey themselves at night? Is there any fix for this?

David Zambrano, CFII, CPL, IGI

I know there's a lot of money in aviation because I put it there. 

BetaTeamD.png

Yes that has most likely been fixed, but not yet released. It (The DX10 Fixer program by Steve) should come out this week. I don't know what addon airport you are talking about, but a great amount of addon airports work already, but for most that don't work right now it will be fixed with the upcoming release of the DX10 Fixer app. Not all, but most.

Very good AA can be reached already with DX10 by the way, so if you aren't happy, you should read the DX10 guide sticky here on AVSim for the NVidia settings and the settings in your fsx.CFG, but I see that you already consulted the guide. You still might want to test a bit more as long as you are unhappy.