Sign in to follow this  
bramsmit2009

No gear, displays, fan blades

Hello,

i've been having problems for a couple of days now.

let me explain:

When i start the sim and fly (with t7) everything is fine. 

when i end the flight and i return to the freeflight menu, the 777 transformed in a grey mesh

then when i start the displays are off, the landing gear is gone/retracted. and the fan blades are gone!

now i have FSX SP2, advanced animations on, and already reinstalled the T7 and FSX. even Windows.

So even with a clean pc. i still have these issues.

i think i have a license problem with the T7

now i've already went to the support portal, explained it to pmdg, but they gave me the answer that i should start with the default airplane and airport. we'll i always do... 

i've been simming with a friend of mine. en we started to investigate. turned out that he had a folder which contained a pmdg license file. and i don't have it. even though the fmc tells me it's registerd but when i press license info on the fmc i get a CTD

PMDG didn't help me AT ALL and i am a very angry customer that just spend 90 Dollars on something that doesn't work.

instead they told me to reinstall fsx and the 777. well i've explained that already did that. It feels like i'm talking to an online bot or something??

Then i explained about the folder with that file i've mentioned. he replied: I have no idea what you mean, you're not supposed to see that. and HE CLOSED THE TICKET!!?

well, i gues that means that i'm not allowed to see what's on my C: drive? i mean come on it's not even in a folder or so it's just in the root of C:

so i reopend explained what i think was the problem (license related) and he replied again saying that if i get a CTD i can reinstall the 777 FOR THE THIRD TIME

we'll PMDG, your products are great. but your product support is AWFUL!!!!  :mad:  :wacko:

I'm posting here now, i hope someone can help me...

Gear and fan blades: 

Cockpit (not cold and dark hahah)

Firstly  have  you got  a legit copy of  the t7,  since the replies from pmdg as you describe  are very unlike  of  pmdg at all.  In fact  they are most  helpful in finding  a solution

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

we'll PMDG, your products are great. but your product support is AWFUL!!!!   

To be honest, if your attitude here is at all indicative of how you requested support there, I would not have wanted to continue helping you either.

In any case:

1. Did you run the installer as an admin?
  2. Do you have the HIGHMEMFIX=1 in your FSX.cfg?
  3. Are you absolutely sure you're loading the default Cessna/Trike/Something-MS as your default flight?
  4. Are you also sure that you're not loading the 777 into the sim, and then loading another livery on top of that?

Kyle Rodgers

No displays, missing textures and missing license info? 

I'm not going to come right out and accuse you of anything, but it does sound/smell.......fishy?

Especially with a re-install. I would advise installing exactly as described/recommended/required by PMDG.

And steps 1-4 from Kyle should also help solve/narrow down the problem.

Had similar problem once where there were no fan blades, no nav lights and some other small things although gear was ok. Legit copy. I think I was messing around with saved panel states when the problem happened. reloading the aircraft or restarting the sim fixed it. So legit copies can show these problems, my problem is probably something along the links of Kyles no. 4 point.

-Iain Watson-

Same here, had a similar problem with my NGX, but only with one or two add-on liveries.  

Also, with regard to the default flight, it's been my experience that creating a flight with the cessna, at a simple airport, and then saving that as a new default flight has resolved similar problems.  

Dan Dominik                                                                           

"I thought you said your dog does not bite....
                                                                That's not my dog."

For those asking if he has a legit copy:

When i start the sim and fly (with t7) everything is fine.

His problem is here:

when i end the flight and i return to the freeflight menu, the 777 transformed in a grey mesh

then when i start the displays are off, the landing gear is gone/retracted. and the fan blades are gone!

That is the problem. You are ending the flight, but NOT restarting FSX. You are then reloading the aircraft again, which WILL cause problems. You must COMPLETELY quit FSX and restart it.

Best regards,

Robin.

For those asking if he has a legit copy:

His problem is here:

That is the problem. You are ending the flight, but NOT restarting FSX. You are then reloading the aircraft again, which WILL cause problems. You must COMPLETELY quit FSX and restart it.

Best regards,

Robin.

Point  taken but   your only  assuming  that  what he  says  is  true or  not ,  I was only  going  by what he  has replied  by the remarks  from pmdg support  has suggested  to do.  Since  when do pmdg  say   to  do a re install of  fsx?    When simply as you suggested  would  be  a easier  solution?

Don't  know about  you   I'am sure  that   pmdg are more professional  than  just to say  oh not  working  just do a re install of  fsx  see if  that works

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Since  when do pmdg  say   to  do a re install of  fsx?

Having experienced it myself, it was only after all other logical options were eliminated.

Kyle Rodgers

Funnily enough the no fan blade problem appeared for me,only after installing a 3rd party livery. The issue was resolved by reloading the "Pmdg" version of the aircraft. The No gear issues appeared but went away as soon as the aircraft initialisation finished.

spacer.png

MSI Codex 5 10SC-262UK Desktop PC - Intel Core i7-10700, RTX 2060 Graphics, 16GB RAM, 2TB HDD, 256GB SSD.