Sign in to follow this  
aceridgey

Is this ever going to be fixable?

Hi guys,

A lot of you are having a real tough time with head floating which is particularly apparent when using ezdok with the 777. I was wondering if another '*******' fix was going to come out for this issue?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=sAy4Sld_Tc4

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

Hi Alex, I can' t view the vid as it is showing as 'private'

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

Hi Alex, I can' t view the vid as it is showing as 'private'

Thanks Howard, fixed to unlisted  with my apologies, brains still mush today

Alex Ridge

Hardcoded FSX fault... Don't think there is a way to overcome this unfortunately...Very VERY annoying...

Should come with a warning for those who suffer from motion sickness.....crazy last few seconds, wasn't expecting that lol

Ryan posted somewhere that they had tried all possibilities to remove this 'bug' but they couldn't.

The only thing I can think of that possibly might fix this is somehow programming EzDok or Opus cameras to move the view point in the opposite direction of the hard coded movement. So FSX moves the viewpoint, EzDok/Opus moves the viewpoint and you end up with a zero net movement.

Ryan posted somewhere that they had tried all possibilities to remove this 'bug' but they couldn't.

The only thing I can think of that possibly might fix this is somehow programming EzDok or Opus cameras to move the view point in the opposite direction of the hard coded movement. So FSX moves the viewpoint, EzDok/Opus moves the viewpoint and you end up with a zero net movement.

Sad to hear that they couldn't fix it.. I don't know how that would work with Ezdok, because I have been told that this effect varies depending on your distance from the poles.

Alex

Alex Ridge

How about we don't exaserbate the problem by turning 90 degrees per second in a wide body jet ? That will do the trick

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

Proof of concept doesn't ring a bell, does it?

This is the idea I've suggested to Opus actually - cancel out the movements. Problem is we'll have to collect a ton of data and try to reverse engineer exactly what FSX is doing to do that though.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

This is the idea I've suggested to Opus actually - cancel out the movements. Problem is we'll have to collect a ton of data and try to reverse engineer exactly what FSX is doing to do that though.

I think with the volume of data that would need to be collected and interpreted, the project could take years!

I have been told that this effect varies depending on your distance from the poles.

I have not heard of this, I thought it had to do with how far the viewpoint was from the centre of the aircraft model.

This is my #1 problem with FSX right now. It sounds like a ton of work for a fix. RIght now, I just use the keyboard to re-position myself when lining up on the runway. (After taxi)

Cheers, 

Sante Sottile

To be honest, as someone who's flown in a decent amount of turbulence while trying to control an aircraft, it adds to the frustration of trying to fly in weather.  As I normally post in things like this:

Here's me bracing my hand on the radio panel just to combat turbulence.

DSC_8666.jpg

I normally just stab at the transfer switch with my index finger, and use my thumb and forefinger on the knobs, when turbulence isn't jostling the plane (and my arm around).

That said, I also appreciate the fact that some people don't want to have to deal with that.  It is pretty frustrating to go mousewheel some new setting on the MCP and have the eyepoint shift and either stop working, or flip some other setting.

Kyle Rodgers

We need "befriend" the engineer who designed this "feature" then extract the information from him or her over coffee. Yeah.... over coffee.... that's it.   :rolleyes: