Sign in to follow this  
Daniel choen

Flaring becomes a mision

Hey,

did you notice that flaring with the T7 takes you more pulling on the yoke? I am landing at the correct vref speed but need to flare way way more then the NGX. thoughts?

I know it's sarcastic, but yes...it's not the NGX.

Eric, i am not taking it in a bad way but, i have been watching justplanes videos since i know their videos, been watching great numbers of T7 landings, but never noticed that the pilots are flaring more then in the 737, so i was wondering.

Absolutely the opposite here...ultra light constant pressure for no overflare.

Best.

Miquel Egea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Absolutely the opposite here...ultra light constant pressure for no overflare.

Best.

Miquel Egea.

How come? wondering if someone can confirm that.

Speed? Weight? If i flae likr e the NGX, overflares. I apply a subtle pressure at more or less 50 ft an let the ac land for itself. In my case sometimes between 10 ft and takes 3 or 4 seconds.

Best.

Miquel Egea.

In addition to the above, we all have different yoke hardware, which all have different feel, and are all setup with different sensitivities, null zones, etc.

In addition to the above, we all have different yoke hardware, which all have different feel, and are all setup with different sensitivities, null zones, etc.

Exactly ^^^

I have been consistent in the 777 landings apart from the odd wind gust which can me you float a little since day one. Very light pressure to lift the nose a degree or two at 50ft and she settles onto the runway between 50 to 150fpm.

I`ve logged 83hrs in it all ready in 29 flights with REX Latitude which is very critical of your piloting skills, this bird has me scoring the best out of all the payware I use.

Cheers Doogie Reid

Its the opposite for me too. The way main gear hangs, its actually makes flaring and landings a lot easier vs the ngx. All my approaches are hand flown now with the guidance of the FD

Pierre

I start at about 40/50 ft very gently pulling back as the throttles start to idle.

Doogie Reid

I leave it on, AP off usually at FAF depending on conditions but the AT all the way down. Kinda used to it after doing a lot of flights in the airbusAXE.  I struggled with the bus for a bit leaving the AT on but maybe that helped.

Doogie Reid